Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Thad young is never going to be worth a lotto pick. Fuck that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I dont think Nets nor their fans understand the value of 1st round picks....

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
      For those interested or opposed to Markieff in Toronto, here is a mildly interesting article from Bobby Marks at The Vertical. Marks takes a look at a front office evaluation of Markieff and the different factors that come into play. Most of what he writes has already been talked about in this thread, but worth checking out:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-ver...151517857.html

It's weird to think that the Raptors actually have a positive culture that could (in theory) potentially handle Markieff. Solid locker room, alpha player in Lowry who Markieff already has a solid relationship with, and a GM and Coach who have already helped the image of challenging players like Lowry and Johnson.

If the price is right, I still take a risk on Markieff. I think Ujiri would ask to speak with him before any trade goes down, and would also consult Lowry as someone who has a relationship with Markieff.

I've never been interested in trading Patterson for him, but if his value is lowered to something like Scola and Johnson?? Then I think Ujiri, Lowry, and Casey can help turn Markieff into a solid contributor for the Raptors.
      High risk, high reward situation. Basically comes down to Masai's gut feeling.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
        I'd say zero chance of being expunged from the rotation. Zero. Morris on his worst day is loads better than Scola. You do see him putting up very good numbers in Phoenix right now right? We'd kill for Scola to be putting up those numbers.
        Weren't you saying earlier in the season how Morris was one of the worst PFs in the league? Lol did a 5 game stretch really change your mind that much?

Comment

• It's getting frustrating logging on to see no trade movement has happened yet.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            It's getting frustrating logging on to see no trade movement has happened yet.
            Probably nothing until Monday at this point. There's a nice window Monday to Thursday that is basically just trade talk post all star.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• JaMychal Green could be a low risk pick-up from Memphis.
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Weren't you saying earlier in the season how Morris was one of the worst PFs in the league? Lol did a 5 game stretch really change your mind that much?
                He wasn't the only one.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                  For those interested or opposed to Markieff in Toronto, here is a mildly interesting article from Bobby Marks at The Vertical. Marks takes a look at a front office evaluation of Markieff and the different factors that come into play. Most of what he writes has already been talked about in this thread, but worth checking out:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-ver...151517857.html

It's weird to think that the Raptors actually have a positive culture that could (in theory) potentially handle Markieff. Solid locker room, alpha player in Lowry who Markieff already has a solid relationship with, and a GM and Coach who have already helped the image of challenging players like Lowry and Johnson.

If the price is right, I still take a risk on Markieff. I think Ujiri would ask to speak with him before any trade goes down, and would also consult Lowry as someone who has a relationship with Markieff.

I've never been interested in trading Patterson for him, but if his value is lowered to something like Scola and Johnson?? Then I think Ujiri, Lowry, and Casey can help turn Markieff into a solid contributor for the Raptors.
                  Very interesting tidbit from that article:

If Morris were convicted of a felony, a team would have the right to void his contract based on the personal conduct policy in the contract.

I didn't know that was an option. Good to know that we could just clear him off the books if the legal case goes poorly.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Very interesting tidbit from that article:

If Morris were convicted of a felony, a team would have the right to void his contract based on the personal conduct policy in the contract.

I didn't know that was an option. Good to know that we could just clear him off the books if the legal case goes poorly.
                    Still, don't want to trade good assets for a guy who's contract we might end up having to void because he's in prison.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Still, don't want to trade good assets for a guy who's contract we might end up having to void because he's in prison.
                      It would be free cap space

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        It would be free cap space
                        Not if we re-sign DeMar at the max and sign our draft picks, we'll be more than $8 million over the cap anyways.
                        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          JaMychal Green could be a low risk pick-up from Memphis.
                          If he was available. With Both Gasol and Wright out, he's needed. And the Grizz don't have much other young talent.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Raps apparently interested in Ryan Anderson now
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Horford possibilities. ( assuming he commits to resign of course )
                              We send out JV ( I love JV by the way) Scola & Bennett ( trade machine says it works and maybe throw in a pick if necessary ( but Atl getting a Center signed long term, on a fair contract is a pretty solid return, and Scola/Bennett expirings ( 3.5-4 mil) seems like a good deal for both
                              Biz could easily anchor the D. he's a low guy usage on offence ( we'll have plenty of scorers, he won't need to be a scorer ( but proving he's capable of catching n dunking if they do leak off him )

Also , Horford is an elite C.. If n when needed, he can obviously plays stints at Center for us too ..

We don't break up our #1 line up of ( KL/CJ/TR/PP/BB) and we get our third star !

Lowry
                              Dero
                              Carroll
                              Horford
                              Biz

That sounds like a damn good lineup on both sides of the ball .. Thoughts ?

Comment

• chr1s1anl wrote: View Post
                                raps apparently interested in ryan anderson now
                                booo!

Comment

Working...
                                X