X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Love's injury push the issue?

Edit

"Just a stinger"
    Last edited by Raptor Jesus; Thu Feb 11, 2016, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Phoenix is a really poorly run organization right now, AND they're losing a shit ton.

Idk it's a gamble but we've seen guys who had reputations as headcases move from bad situations to contenders and flourish. Zach Randolph (punched Lou Amundson in the face when he was with the Clippers) and Rasheed Wallace (38 technicals one year, 40 the next, suspended for threatening with a referee after a game, etc) are two examples. Not sure Morris is as talented as either of those guys were (definitely not Sheed), but he's younger than they were when they moved and has at least demonstrated the capability to be a dangerous offensive weapon at times.

Like I said I probably don't move 2Pat, but Scola+JJ+Raps 1st+Prospect? I'll gamble on that.

Comment

• I watched the video and the fan told him he ****ing sucked and hoped he got traded. Then Morris gave him the finger. Pretty justified response if that's where it ended.

Anyways, here's Morris's side of the story on the fight between him and Goodwin.

I actually don't mind if we go after Morris as long as we exhaust other avenues like Al Horford and Terrence Jones first.
        Last edited by Scraptor; Thu Feb 11, 2016, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
          man, he is messing up his chance at freedom. no way a prosecutor isn't going to use this to push for violent history. the faster his aggravated assault charge gets out from over him the better. for people who don't know exactly how serious aggravated assault is. if you get in a bar fight and stab a guy repeatedly in the stomach with a knife, you get charged with aggravated assault.

good player though.

from reports and comments it seems like he was trying to take a leadership roll and when he wasn't listened to resorted to violence. maybe, MAYBE(big maybe) a vet laden team would help him.
          103 fairly recent NBA players charged with assault and/or battery, including Marcus Morris, who was there for everything Markieff was, yet none of you bring him up. This won't amount to anything. Base trading for him on skill set, and we could use his over Scola.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            103 fairly recent NBA players charged with assault and/or battery, including Marcus Morris, who was there for everything Markieff was, yet none of you bring him up. This won't amount to anything. Base trading for him on skill set, and we could use his over Scola.
            link our team to them. why would i or anyone when talking about this player and a trade to the raptors bring up anything beside what is prudent?

no one here brings up all the players who don't commit crimes when talking about markief either. and again assault and battery isn't on the same level as aggravated assault.

show me one place i ever said he wasn't a good player. so he comes here and chokes someone on the team and everything goes to shit or he comes here and becomes a stretch 4 that could lose his shit and choke somebody on the team. how does this have anything to do with any of the 102 other players?

edit add: i mean he even has every reason to be motivated towards not choking people right now. how is that not seen as anything but horrible judgement

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              Assuming you sourced this from here: http://nbacrimelibrary.com/crime-2/, the only 2 since the beginning of 2015 were the Morris twins. Not sure why we'd bring up Ralph Simpson from 1980 or Norm Van Lier in 1972, both of whom are included in the total 103.

Further, felony aggravated assault is far more severe than simple assault/battery. The Morris twins might be able to make some sort of deal but this will be a trickier negotiation than a simple assault charge.

Anyways, it's a simple question of upside/downside. Those who don't want him here think the downside risks (legal issues, locker room chemistry, motivation, inefficiency, technical fouls, etc) outweigh the upside reward. I think it's 50-50, which is why I'd only like him here as a last resort.

Comment

• I would not give up a pick for Morris, maybe 2nd rounders. Scola and JJ fine, but no other players or first rounders. If you acquire him the cost has to be reflective of a guy you might have to cut. Suns wouldn't do it but that doesn't mean he is worth more.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• YES!!! I was so worried Masai was considering trading for this trash.

Let him go to Cleveland with the whiners where he belongs.

thank you Markieff, I can sleep easy.
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I would not give up a pick for Morris, maybe 2nd rounders. Scola and JJ fine, but no other players or first rounders. If you acquire him the cost has to be reflective of a guy you might have to cut. Suns wouldn't do it but that doesn't mean he is worth more.
                    We have more picks than we need or can possibly develop.. parting with our own first this year wouldn't bother me in the least, or the clips pick.

Comment

• At this point the only reason I'd trade for Morris is if Phoenix gave us the right to swap draft picks. We get the better of the Phoenix/NY pick and Morris. They get our trash (Scola/JJ/filler).

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

But no, you're right, this is totally cool. See this all the time. Totally normal, acceptable behaviour. And not like the guy has a history or anything. Masai's totally going to trade for him.
                        Sometimes it's nice to have a guy on your team that other teams don't want to mess with. Obviously, it's the other team you want to be fearing him, but on the rare occasion when guys are getting too shot happy, it's nice to instill a little fear in your teammates as well.

Comment

• It's the additional 3 years on his contract that worry me. If he becomes a punk in a Raps uniform, he'd be impossible to trade.

Comment

• Casey is the punk-whisperer

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Sometimes it's nice to have a guy on your team that other teams don't want to mess with. Obviously, it's the other team you want to be fearing him, but on the rare occasion when guys are getting too shot happy, it's nice to instill a little fear in your teammates as well.
                              Thanks Dr. Spin.

Comment

• One cheap Scola upgrade I mentioned was Brandon Bass. No one liked him. Well, no one except Zach Lowe, who has him on his annual Luke Walton All Stars

Brandon Bass, F, Los Angeles Lakers: An oasis of lunch-pail professionalism at the carnival. Bass just plays hard, mostly as an undersized center, and he's dishing assists at a career-best rate in some of Scott's Princeton-style sets. The Lakers have been better with Bass on the floor, and they've been competitive -- for real, like a regular NBA team -- when Bass and Julius Randle play together, per NBA.com tracking.

Bass' midrange jumper, once his bread and butter, has fallen off, and he's almost an NBA relic: A big man who can't shoot 3s or protect the rim. But he moves the ball, busts it, and stands as a stabilizing presence in any locker room.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X