Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually can't think of a better fit than Bosh
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• we'd have to pretty much empty the cupboards to get him though
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        we'd have to pretty much empty the cupboards to get him though
        I would empty the cupboards for him.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          That could definitely work for us. If they wanted picks and young guys, we have a lot of those type of assets. I'd say try to do it without giving up DeMar/Lowry/JV/Ross/CoJo, but anyone else would be fair game.
          Tough to do. Doubt either SAC or MIA wants Carroll, and I'm not sure I'd want to trade him, so PP and CoJo basically both have to go, and even then you are doing somersaults trying to balance the number of contracts each team is sending out.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• i think the reason we keep getting attached to guys with salaries in the 8 to 13 million dollar range is that is the salary amount that allows us to make a trade without eating into our depth

Comment

• I love that Masai gets his own Rotoworld blurbs and landing page... RC Buford and Daryl Morey don't even have one!

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/2169/masai-ujiri

Comment

I actually can't think of a better fit than Bosh
                I think you could make an argument for Ibaka if you want more defence but Bosh is, sadly, the ideal player for us now.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I actually can't think of a better fit than Bosh
                  Ibaka, Boogie (not from a chemistry stand point though) but not much else

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    I think you could make an argument for Ibaka if you want more defence but Bosh is, sadly, the ideal player for us now.
                    haha, beat me to it

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Tough to do. Doubt either SAC or MIA wants Carroll, and I'm not sure I'd want to trade him, so PP and CoJo basically both have to go, and even then you are doing somersaults trying to balance the number of contracts each team is sending out.
                      Yes the GM's good work in ridding us of all our bad contracts on end of the bench players will hamstring him at the Feb trade deadline. Packaging up our draft picks which carry no trade value in salary match terms but are very desirable trade chips is pretty tough right now but more manageable at the draft.

Hard to see us parting with any higher valuation contracts with Carroll .. Lowry ... DD ... and Joseph..... two poison pills in JV and Ross... and the rest are less than 3M deals.. . which leaves us PPat at 6M + Scola 3M + JJ 2M and possibly Biz at 3M... plus the draft pick to play with... If it takes all those guys to match one deal coming in that leaves us without a bench...

Still think IF we see a move it will be a smaller deal to add a veteran player who has playoff experience and is a low maintenance personality type....

Edit.. Guys who carry one of the expeirence / low maintenance skill set are... McRoberts in Miami... Casspi in Sacto.... Tucker in Phoenix... Anderson in NO.... Williams in Charlotte....
                      Sacto and Phoenix and NO are sellers... Not sure about Miami or Charlotte...
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Feb 15, 2016, 10:11 PM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        I would empty the cupboards for him.
                        WTF. I thought we wanted to move forward as a team/franchise not backwards. I dont know where to begin...the guy has a blood clotting issue and at least one bum knee as well as a current calf problem. And people want to "empty the cupboard" for Bosh?

THat would be exactly the trading partner type that Riley would be looking for. Wait till at least Wed people. Thats when the action starts.

WE already had Bosh and he didnt do much here without a supporting cast...and if you empty the cupboard you are effectively going deja vu. J.C.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          WTF. I thought we wanted to move forward as a team/franchise not backwards. I dont know where to begin...the guy has a blood clotting issue and at least one bum knee as well as a current calf problem. And people want to "empty the cupboard" for Bosh?

THat would be exactly the trading partner type that Riley would be looking for. Wait till at least Wed people. Thats when the action starts.

WE already had Bosh and he didnt do much here without a supporting cast...and if you empty the cupboard you are effectively going deja vu. J.C.
                          I was only half serious. You have to admit he is a really good fit on this team. And yes, that is a win now move.

Comment

• Ooh, but here's a fun idea. Super trade. Will never happen, too many moving parts, but I love it.

Assuming CLE wanted to move Love as well in this Bosh/Boogie scenario, we could flip our way up without sending as many assets. Need someone to want Love though - let's say BOS wants him, and ATL is looking to move Horford for prospects. For example, we could trade SAC straight up for Boogie, sending out just PP, JJ, BeBe and Wright (plus a couple picks including NYK pick) and taking back three minimum deals. Then we flip Boogie to CLE for Love. We flip Love to MIA for Bosh. Finally, MIA, BOS, ATL and CLE do a four way deal where MIA gets Boogie and trades out Love, ATL gets pieces from BOS (a few prospects plus a couple picks) that they would have gotten for Horford except BOS doesn't want a rental, and CLE gets Horford while trading out Boogie, planning to re-sign Horford but also saving tax dollars this year while getting better.

The key here is all teams understand what they are sending out and ending up with from the beginning, so the intermediate trades don't have to make individual sense (except in terms of salary balancing). The idea here is there is an understanding that Cousins doesn't want to come to TOR (or Masai doesn't want him in the locker room, whatever), so there is no benefit in simply managing a deal for him straight up. Similarly, CLE would probably gladly stop after the Love/Cousins swap, but obviously we don't make that deal unless we end up flipping for Bosh, and MIA doesn't trade Bosh for Love unless they are getting Cousins eventually.

Anyway, the whole things shakes out to:

SAC out: Cousins, three minimum contracts
                            SAC in: PP, JJ, BeBe, Wright, LAC 1st 2017, TOR 1st 2016, NYK 1st 2016

CLE out: Love
                            CLE in: Horford

MIA out: Bosh
                            MIA in: Cousins

ATL out: Horford
                            ATL in: Amir Johnson, Kelly Olynyk, Terry Rozier, BOS 1st (or some such similar package with equivalent salaries)

BOS out: Amir Johnson, Kelly Olynyk, Terry Rozier, BOS 1st
                            BOS in: Love

TOR out: PP, JJ, BeBe, Wright, three firsts
                            TOR in: Bosh, three minimum salaries

Just some silly fun, but I think everyone gets what they want there. Technically legal, I'm pretty sure, thought I'm also pretty sure it gets shut down by the league office as a form of cap circumvention (yes, they can do that).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• with Bosh the clotting isn't an issue. Once diagnosed that can be treated just fine.

I am concerned about the leg and obviously a physical would factor into a trade of that size.

ALL of that being said I really don't see a scenario whereby we give up 6 players and three picks just to get a guy

Comment

with Bosh the clotting isn't an issue. Once diagnosed that can be treated just fine.

I am concerned about the leg and obviously a physical would factor into a trade of that size.

ALL of that being said I really don't see a scenario whereby we give up 6 players and three picks just to get a guy
                                Sanity prevails! You boys have been on this thread all day I think. We are a pretty good team right now. We do need a tweak or two but not something that would create craters elsewhere...least of all our bench ... one of the strengths.

My own goals are winning 2 rounds of the playoffs ...and taking it from there. Get too greedy and we might fuck ourselves. That might do bad things to my psyche.

Comment

Working...
                                X