No announcement yet.

Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, we need to replace Scola in the starting lineup, but from my perspective, unless you're getting a top 10 player it's not worth trading much else of value. Our ceiling stays the same with a lot of proposed trades.

In a way, that's why Scola/JJ/Bennett and a pick for Morris is so attractive, because we don't move our ceiling, and also hold onto enough talent that we can retool in a hurry if we need to.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Nets are talking to Atlanta about Teague and Millsap. I'd love Millsap (even moreso than Horford), if he was available.
      Paul Millsap makes $18m/year. There is no way we can trade for him right now without sending out a substantial chunk of the bench (2Pat, JJ, Scola and Ross works) and annihilating a lot of our chemistry - to say nothing of our best lineup - in the process.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
        Why wouldn't MU have interest in Anderson?
        He's a sieve on defense.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
          Biz.

is.

not

a

starter.

If we trade for Horford you add him TO JV in the frontcourt. Horford has complained many times about being a pf and being forced to play center and dont think for one second that his on court positioning wont play into his decision of where to sign. He is what 30 now? Had some big injuries, PF will be alot less wear and tear on him.

Add him and Keep JV and you instantly are the favorites to resign him, even without being able to offer the extra year.
          If Atlanta been forcing him to play a position he didn't want to play. I don't think he would of resigned with Atlanta. His been in the league for like 9 years. I don't think it's as big of a deal than you guys make it to be.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            You need more exclamation points in your replies.

The argument is, limit the obvious holes in your lineup before heading into April.
            And u need more than " ummm I think that we lost in the playoffs , so we will again " in your reply !

Horford is an instant upgrade to the team ! And plays both front court positions at an elite level !

Barolt.. I DEFINITELY don't like giving up JV either.. I really don't ! But .. Horford/Biz is a good athletic front court ! Mobile, shot blocking , and biz wouldn't need to score ! There 4 other extremely capable scorers on the court! Not everyone has to avg 20ppg! ( Ben Wallace didn't have an offensive game .. ( and fuck no, I'm not saying biz is that good yet) )

I think it's a risky trade, losing JV.. But, the return is huge ! And .. Once again Horford is also an elite Center ! I'd put real consideration into it, if it were an option

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              He's a sieve on defense.
              As opposed to Scola.

JV-PP start, BB-RA bench.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

And have a worse front court than Atlanta by a long shot, and run the very high risk of losing Horford in the offseason because he hates playing center......brilliant....why dont we just Cut JV now.
                Worse frontcourt but way better backcourt. If Al Horford resigns here it's to play with the other All-Stars not JV. Your not getting him without JV in the deal.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

And have a worse front court than Atlanta by a long shot, and run the very high risk of losing Horford in the offseason because he hates playing center......brilliant....why dont we just Cut JV now.
                  Horford WOULD be a PF here ... Only playing Center for small ball stints

Playing bulk of mins at pf next to biz

Comment

As opposed to Scola.

JV-PP start, BB-RA bench.
                    Pit that way I'm slightly more open to it, but what has me hooked on Morris is that he is hard control for pocket change (by starting PF standards) for an additional 3 years... Anderson is a FA

Comment

As opposed to Scola.
                      Anderson is as bad or worse than Scola on defense, certainly. But he is younger and healthier than Scola, and he's a better shooter, so he represents at least a slight upgrade.

But you can't trade Scola for Anderson straight up because the money doesn't work. You're trading Scola and James Johnson and one other player for Anderson, and that's already a bit expensive for a slight upgrade, and that's before you recognize that New Orleans probably wants a pick on top of that.

It's very expensive for what amounts to a playoff rental.

Comment

• Raps07 wrote: View Post

Which would be terrible offensivly.

Might as well just have 4 guys out there

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Worse frontcourt but way better backcourt. If Al Horford resigns here it's to play with the other All-Stars not JV. Your not getting him without JV in the deal.
                          Backcourt way better?

Compared to this year, sure, last year, Not so much.

Korver gave INSANE spacing on low usage allowing for Horford and Milsap to perform.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            If Atlanta been forcing him to play a position he didn't want to play. I don't think he would of resigned with Atlanta. His been in the league for like 9 years. I don't think it's as big of a deal than you guys make it to be.
                            Its what he has said, not me.

Comment

Which would be terrible offensivly.

Might as well just have 4 guys out there
                              Again ... Best lineup in NBA currently includes biz ! So .. That theory doesn't hold water

Comment

• Raps07 wrote: View Post

How do we keep Biz next year when he commands around $10M and the Raps have no cap space or his Bird Rights?

Comment

Working...
                                X