Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Tbh you're actually right lol. Reading through other teams forums have opened my eyes to just how idiotic fans are. This forum is pretty rational compared to the others.

Here are some trade examples I've seen

Knuggets pick + Pat for Anderson
    Knuggets pick + Pat + Delon for Gibson
    Knuggets pick +JV + Pat for Asik and Anderson ( Probably the worst trade I've ever seen lol )
    Absolutely agree but think I can top the bold with what I saw on the Nets site:
    Knuggets pick + 2 Future Firsts + Pat + Delon + Ross + CoJo for Thad. Just Thad.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Personally I'd take a flyer on Martin before Lee (assuming Minny waives Martin). Having another guy that can shoot from the outside would be a plus on this team.
      Saying "Martin can shoot from the outside" is pushing it; he's only shooting .36 from three this year. His true shooting percentage is still good, but that's because he draws fouls efficiently. Basically, he's Lou Williams all over again.

If we're looking at potential buyout candidates who are wings, both Vince Carter and Joe Johnson are rumoured to be exploring potential buyouts, and both would be better than Martin.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Whose minutes does Martin take for us though? Our SG rotation right now is DeMar/Ross/Joseph, and all those guys are better than Martin.
        Move Ross into the starting line up (while Carroll is healing), then move Martin to the bench filling Ross' role.

And/or use Martin to help give Lowry some needed rest, and have him play SG instead for a few minutes each game (again off the bench).

I don't see many minutes for him when Carroll is fully healthy and Lowry is playing 40mpg (ie, in the playoffs). But he'd be insurance in case we're not 100% healthy by then.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          Knuggets pick + 2 Future Firsts + Pat + Delon + Ross + CoJo for Thad. Just Thad.
          Holy shit. That would be the worst trade in the history of the Raptors. That would be worse than the Jermaine O'Neal trade.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
            Saying "Martin can shoot from the outside" is pushing it; he's only shooting .36 from three this year. His true shooting percentage is still good, but that's because he draws fouls efficiently. Basically, he's Lou Williams all over again.

If we're looking at potential buyout candidates who are wings, both Vince Carter and Joe Johnson are rumoured to be exploring potential buyouts, and both would be better than Martin.
            Career 38% shooter though from 3's.. I'd take Joe Johnson for sure, but I read he didn't want to be bought out and wants to come back to the Nets next year.

Vince Carter sucks.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              Looool wow. I wouldn't trade that package for someone like Blake Griffin but for Thad? What the hell!
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Looool wow. I wouldn't trade that package for someone like Blake Griffin but for Thad? What the hell!
                Is there anyone in the NBA you would trade that package for? Anthony Davis maybe?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Ultimately Morris would have cost the Knicks pick. No way I'm paying that, so Morris is not a regret. In any case, Masai pulled out of the Morris talks quite early based on Woj's tweet, so he made the call that the personality would not work - which is good enough for me. I was always of the opinion that IF Masai decided Morris would be fine, I would be fine with it. But if Morris couldn't pass the Masai smell test (like Lowry and JJ, two other "trouble" players, though to lesser degree), then so be it.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed we didn't get DMo, he's basically a perfect fit at the 4. But again I wouldn't pay the Knicks pick to get him, so it comes down to whether HOU would take Scola and two late picks (our 2016 and LAC 2017) over a potential (though a little unlikely in my mind) lotto pick this year. And I have no way of knowing that. Disappointing, sure, but I'm not going to criticize Masai for not getting DMo when I have no idea if he offered exactly what I would have and was simply outbid.
                  I wouldn't give up two 1st round picks for DMo, that's kinda nuts. The guy is a walking injury who hasn't really done much in the NBA, definitely not worth two first round picks. We can easily get a guy of DMo's caliber with each of those picks. After all, DMo was a 20th overall pick. There is a boatload of international talent projected to go right around our pick (currently 26th), so I'd rather draft our own DMo, let him develop for a year or two in Europe, and then bring him over on a super cheap rookie deal, that's how franchises get ahead. Paying top dollar next season (DMo will get a hefty deal) for a walking injury who has never done anything exceptional doesn't seem like the best plan. Also, there's a great chance we get a stud PF with the Knuggets pick, so DMo would have just been in the way.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                    I don't like Morris, I don't want Morris on our team, I have no respect for Morris but my god does it still piss me off that Washington got him and that ridiculously cheap contract for a fucking shitty draft pick. #fireMU do your fucking job boss, your one regret last year was not pulling the trigger on a trade at deadline to help get us over the hump. Fast forward to this year and here we are in an even better situation where we are quite literally a couple injurys LBJ/Curry away from a championship and we have one glaring need and it just so happens that there is an abundance of players available for that position and you sit back and stright up bitch move the franchise.

asset, my god asset, we have so many fucking asset. wtf do you think your going to do with all these rookie contract. The idea that he didn't want to sacrifice assets for the summer open market is just word play for he better already know what you needs the extra money for as ever team will have extra money.

I'm really disappointed and striaght up sad about our direction, we need a new GM and my god we need a new Coach. Sorry to be a downer, I'm just really really upset.
                    I can't speak for Keon, but this is a classic example of an overreaction. Firing a GM who has his team 2nd in the conference, playing arguably the best month of basketball in the team's 21 year existence, all because we didn't trade for one of the handful of mediocre PFs rumoured to be available yesterday.

I initially wrote off your post as a frustration-motivated vent (which we're all guilty of), but if you're actually attempting to defend your position that we're better off with Masai booted, I'm all ears.
                    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Feb 19, 2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Again I don't think the Raptors had the asset for Harris. He was expensive, and the Raptors didn't have the salary to match up. Unless they included 2Pat which would hurt our Lowry+bench squad. And the guys that Orlando took back were ex Skiles players. One of which was a PG.. again a position we probably didn't want to trade.

As for Morris.. I'm not trading the Knicks pick for him, and that's essentially what they got.. a top 9 pick in the draft, which they will probably get since Washington is currently not in the playoffs and may not by season's end. Washington was desperate. Masai isn't.

I have a feeling Masai set him self up for the draft just like he did with GV last summer. I have a feeling Ross will be a trade asset he'll use to get that PF we all want. And I'm sure that deal has been set in motion already.
                      honest question, would you rather have Harris or Carroll ? I personally would much rather have Harris, and for the rare occasions that we need a Carroll to guard the best players in the L at sf you can use JJ or ross. We don't play lbj or jj or pp that often to justify Carroll. I personally am one who does not think we should ever play Carroll at the pf.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Sprewell had great success? I must have slept thru all those deep playoff runs. Tony allen and Michael Jordan punched because they're 2 of the most intense guys of all time. Okafor? Really? The rookie on the worst team ever? Barkley and shaq were knuckleheads but unless you think markief morris is a future finals mvp or first team all star I don't really see a point to this post.
                        I never implied any of those things.

First off I said the Spree had good success....not great.

Secondly, I posted those instances to show that even if you have a "run-in" it doesnt mean that you are forever destined to continue with the same problems, as essentially everyone on that list kept their noses clean after their "incidences"

You are twisting points made into an incorrect narrative.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                          Barkley, Melo, Shaq, Jordan, Griffin are Hall of Famers. The rules are different for those guys.
                          lol.

So its ok for some guys to get into fights, but not others....

SMH....

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            So the nba trade deadline is tomorrow at 3 pm isnt?
                            You're not the only one.
                            The Lakers' Nick Young walked into practice on Wednesday saying he was relieved he wasn't dealt at the trade deadline.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Day One wrote: View Post
                              honest question, would you rather have Harris or Carroll ? I personally would much rather have Harris, and for the rare occasions that we need a Carroll to guard the best players in the L at sf you can use JJ or ross. We don't play lbj or jj or pp that often to justify Carroll. I personally am one who does not think we should ever play Carroll at the pf.
                              Harris is an iso player with a lot of promise to develop but there's also a substantial risk that he won't. Carroll is a team player with mature skills who's still in his prime. Carroll is the better option.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                                I never implied any of those things.

First off I said the Spree had good success....not great.

Secondly, I posted those instances to show that even if you have a "run-in" it doesnt mean that you are forever destined to continue with the same problems, as essentially everyone on that list kept their noses clean after their "incidences"

You are twisting points made into an incorrect narrative.
                                But Kief hasn't had 'a "run-in"'. He's had multiple, and has shown no sign of learning from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X