Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Getting Horford for a bunch of role players and reserve seems like low odds to me. This is their franchise Center their trading for. His worth another potential franchise Center. Horford is a top 25 of not 20 player in the league. With no real injury history and one of the most professional players in the league. That combination won't come cheap.

As for BOS I don't think they trade their assets for Horford. I think they go for Blake Griffin.
    He is a rental... and thats what I am on... its a very very steep price to pay for a rental regardless of how good he is because he can just walk out the door and say thanks. Thats it. Thats all.

On a side note...I would be happy if Boston went after Griffin rather than Horford and gave up some of those picks .. Griffin is a more combustible player in terms of temperament... and there is a risk in that...
    Horford is the pro's pro... no fuss.. no muss .. no maintenance.. pencil him in for 75 games a year ... no worries about him breaking a hand on a trainer... or being a prima donna... or needing to use up a roster spot in the top 9 of the rotation on a body guard like Matt Barnes to watch out for him as he continues to piss off a lot of other players in the NBA

Blakes a talent for sure.. but after taking 4 plus years to erase and change the pillsbury doughboy soft, undisciplined, loser image the raps enjoyed prior to this year I don't think they want to go back there....Blakes not a loser but to me anyway...he is undisciplined and selfish ....
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      He is a rental... and thats what I am on... its a very very steep price to pay for a rental regardless of how good he is because he can just walk out the door and say thanks. Thats it. Thats all.

On a side note...I would be happy if Boston went after Griffin rather than Horford and gave up some of those picks .. Griffin is a more combustible player in terms of temperament... and there is a risk in that...
      Horford is the pro's pro... no fuss.. no muss .. no maintenance.. pencil him in for 75 games a year ... no worries about him breaking a hand on a trainer... or being a prima donna... or needing to use up a roster spot in the top 9 of the rotation on a body guard like Matt Barnes to watch out for him as he continues to piss off a lot of other players in the NBA

Blakes a talent for sure.. but after taking 4 plus years to erase and change the pillsbury doughboy soft, undisciplined, loser image the raps enjoyed prior to this year I don't think they want to go back there....Blakes not a loser but to me anyway...he is undisciplined and selfish ....
      He is a rental but the Hawks won't be treating him as a rental... Horford is too good of a player to be considered as just a "rental". If I am just getting role players and expiring contracts and a "meh" pick for Horford, I might as well as keep him and just let him walk in offseason.

Comment

All those things you just mention about Al Horford adds value to his stock. That's why I feel there will be a huge asking price for him. Personally I would prefer Al over Blake too. He fit Lowry's window as well. I agree it's a risk but, I only do JV+1 round pic for Al Horford if he agrees to resign in the off season. If you throw in JV maybe you keep NYC/DEN pick and give them our pick. This draft is full of bigs. I don't know why he wouldn't. He goes to a bigger market and a chance to compete for the next 3-4 years with two other All-stars.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• keefec wrote: View Post
          He is a rental but the Hawks won't be treating him as a rental... Horford is too good of a player to be considered as just a "rental". If I am just getting role players and expiring contracts and a "meh" pick for Horford, I might as well as keep him and just let him walk in offseason.
          Exactly might point. Look at the pieces we would be offering. 2pat is redundant with Milsap/Mike Scott. Scola/JJ/BB are all rentals. The only thing of real value is the DEN/NYC. If Masai can pull it off with that. All power to him. I just think ATL would want more for their franchise Center.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Thats the essence of the negotiation....
            Finding the common ground between what the buyer thinks a non guaranteed to remain with you Al Horford is worth and how much the seller needs back to part with they see as a franchise type player...
            As to letting him walk for nothing...that wouldn't be very clever on Atlanta's part...
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• ATL can want more all they like. Even with the rumours, I seriously doubt they get any real offer from teams that have cap room this summer. Quality returns for a rental like Horford, even a tremendously good rental, will be restricted to teams that are already capped out this summer - so us and very few other teams. I think if we threw a deal with a couple prospects, three picks (our own 2016, the Knicks' 2016 and the LAC pick) and expirings their way that's the best deal they will get for Horford.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

With no real injury history and one of the most professional players in the league.
                He does have an injury history. His injury history is, every time he's on my fantasy team he manages to be out for most of the goddam year.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Thats the essence of the negotiation....
                  Finding the common ground between what the buyer thinks a non guaranteed to remain with you Al Horford is worth and how much the seller needs back to part with they see as a franchise type player...
                  As to letting him walk for nothing...that wouldn't be very clever on Atlanta's part...
                  And that is exactly why the Raptors have no hope acquiring Horford without giving up at least JV/TRoss (really a stretch). The Hawks can always sign and trade him in the Offseason to the team that offers him the lucrative contract, so no reason for the Hawks to play soft and basically give away Horford to the Raptors.

Comment

And that is exactly why the Raptors have no hope acquiring Horford without giving up at least JV/TRoss (really a stretch). The Hawks can always sign and trade him in the Offseason to the team that offers him the lucrative contract, so no reason for the Hawks to play soft and basically give away Horford to the Raptors.
                    Why on earth would anyone involved besides the Hawks agree to a sign and trade?
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

All those things you just mention about Al Horford adds value to his stock. That's why I feel there will be a huge asking price for him. Personally I would prefer Al over Blake too. He fit Lowry's window as well. I agree it's a risk but, I only do JV+1 round pic for Al Horford if he agrees to resign in the off season. If you throw in JV maybe you keep NYC/DEN pick and give them our pick. This draft is full of bigs. I don't know why he wouldn't. He goes to a bigger market and a chance to compete for the next 3-4 years with two other All-stars.
                      For sure (see bold).
                      Lets go back to K Love trade ==>No 1 overall for 1 year rental. IMO Horford is of comparable quality to Love. I would think Nets pick might be fair from both sides.
                      There is nothing we can do if that's the case.
                      And BTW, I too would much prefer Horford to Blake (however contract "uncertainty" makes it interesting.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Why on earth would anyone involved besides the Hawks agree to a sign and trade?
                        To save cap room perhaps? And also Atlanta is the team that can offer him the most money come off season so it is a win for Horford for getting paid, for his reputation in ATL that him leaving will return something for the team, and for the opposing team they can just throw away their expiring contracts to make more cap room.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                          For sure (see bold).
                          Lets go back to K Love trade ==>No 1 overall for 1 year rental. IMO Horford is of comparable quality to Love. I would think Nets pick might be fair from both sides.
                          There is nothing we can do if that's the case.
                          And BTW, I too would much prefer Horford to Blake (however contract "uncertainty" makes it interesting.
                          At the moment Horford is definitely more valuable than Love solely based on Love's inability to defend anything. All cavs fan would be drooling over Horford over Love, who can also shoot 3s, but a much much better defender.

Comment

They only chance we have of getting Horford is JV. People just don't want to accept this. JV is better than any big BOS would have to offers. Hawks don't want to blow it up. For some reason they enjoy being a treadmill team. If Masai calls the first player they ask for is JV. They want retool with a young core.

You have to give up something to get something.
                            Bro trading JV for Horford is the kind of move that would actually have me considering finding a new team. Would remind me soooo much of the Hibbert for JO deal, except arguably worse and more short-sighted.

There's just no leverage for Atlanta to get JV out of us in a Horford deal. Plus we don't get a lot better long-term man, maybe in the short term we improve a bit but then now we've got a problem the same problem at center that we had at power forward (Biyombo is a really good backup but not a good starter).

You offer role players, cap relief, picks and prospects for Horford. If Atlanta doesn't accept, too bad. Trading one of the core three for Horford would be foolish, I'd even be pretty hesitant to include Ross in a deal.

Comment

• If I were absolutely confident in him resigning jv, jj, Bennett for Horford works in the trade machine. Then go out Morris or someone with pat/pick

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
                                Bro trading JV for Horford is the kind of move that would actually have me considering finding a new team. Would remind me soooo much of the Hibbert for JO deal, except arguably worse and more short-sighted.

There's just no leverage for Atlanta to get JV out of us in a Horford deal. Plus we don't get a lot better long-term man, maybe in the short term we improve a bit but then now we've got a problem the same problem at center that we had at power forward (Biyombo is a really good backup but not a good starter).

You offer role players, cap relief, picks and prospects for Horford. If Atlanta doesn't accept, too bad. Trading one of the core three for Horford would be foolish, I'd even be pretty hesitant to include Ross in a deal.
                                Don't think we should make a move for him at all. Many things can go wrong when your team has 2 players that are free agents and are both looking for max money in the same offseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X