Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Hey yall...speculate away. The thread is for speculation that is sourced. So please don't say we should trade for Andrew Wiggins unless you can find a source that says "Hey Andrew Wiggins is being shopped". Otherwise it belongs in the trade threads.
    Kenneth Faried
    4.11%
    Thaddeus Young
    2.74%
    Markieff Morris
    12.33%
    Al Horford
    30.14%
    Terrence Jones
    13.70%
    Ryan Anderson
    5.48%
    Channing Frye
    0.00%
    DMo
    2.74%
    Other (Discuss Below)
    8.22%
    Stay Pat!
    20.55%
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Jon Krawczynski: With Zach LaVine exhibiting scoring chops and Andrew Wiggins also playing SG, #TWolves now looking to trade Kevin Martin.
    This is the kind of trade we would make if we were serious about the playoffs.

Might help us alleviate the glut of bigs...if we drop Patterson and Johnson on them for Martin and Rudez
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

"Kevin Martin, Minnesota Timberwolves: Martin was signed when Kevin Love was around and the Timberwolves were looking to make the playoffs. Once they went into rebuilding mode, the 32-year-old scorer made little sense on their roster. With Minnesota's postseason hopes dwindling after a hot start and plenty of young talent to develop at the wing, the front office has made him available in trade talks, according to The Associated Press. Two unnamed teams have reportedly showed interest in the past. Martin has a player option next season worth around $7.4 million but will likely opt out and seek one last multi-year contract."

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/12/...arkieff-morris

You beat me to it. Was going to say K-Mart might help with bench scoring and a playoff run.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

Might help us alleviate the glut of bigs...if we drop Patterson and Johnson on them for Martin and Rudez
        We don't have a glut of bigs, not really. At center, we have 1 legit starter who is currently injured, a guy who is hapless on offense, and a guy who's got potential but we don't really know how he'll turn out. At PF, we have a 35 year old who should be coming off the bench, a guy who seems to have lost his skills this season, and a small-ball option who keeps getting on the coach's bad side.

We can't afford to trade a 4 if we don't get a legitimate 4-man in return.

Comment

No thanks to Martin! Probably means a pick heading their way for a rental. Nope nope nope.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Good point.

Comment

I'd say there's exactly zero chance Martin comes here. He's a worse version of Lou Williams, and Masai didn't even make Lou an offer.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                No thanks to Martin! Probably means a pick heading their way for a rental. Nope nope nope.
                I would not give up a pick if that's what was required. What I read made it sound like they were doing him a favour. I'm not sure anyone would give up a pick to land him

Comment

I would not give up a pick if that's what was required. What I read made it sound like they were doing him a favour. I'm not sure anyone would give up a pick to land him
                  I'm sure they'd accept a young player in return, but mostly they are trying to clear playing time for LaVine (and Wiggins) at SG. Don't see us giving up Delon or Bruno for a rental player.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I like what he brings and what he brings is consistent

Comment

he's already technically expiring since he is expected to decline his option

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        I'd say there's exactly zero chance Martin comes here. He's a worse version of Lou Williams, and Masai didn't even make Lou an offer.
                        Casey probably will use him the way he used Lou, but if used right Martin can be a pretty good 3 point shooter.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                          Casey probably will use him the way he used Lou, but if used right Martin can be a pretty good 3 point shooter.
                          Lou is more of a 1 on 1 player whereas Martin fits the role of a system player a bit more. Lou shot the 3 pointer at his same career average rate so I don't see why Martin wouldn't.

Comment

I like what he brings and what he brings is consistent
                            Consistently injured! I'll be here all week ladies and germs!
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I would be totally down with trading for Martin, but only if Demar were moved for a pf

Comment

Working...
                              X