No announcement yet.

Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a good read on reddit today about how Love is being used incorrectly in Cleveland. Basically, the poster said that Love is stuck on the wing and in the corner, while he should be creating in the middle of the floor (where instead Lebron and Kyrie play). I would like him on the Raps, but I doubt he makes a large impact this year (just thinking that Ppat already plays a lot stuck in the corner.) I would be very happy to see that move though.

Comment

• How about Pau?

Comment

• I'd like Pau, problem is he is 35 and doesn't have many seasons left, so unless we improve quickly, he'll retire in a few seasons and we'll back to the same position we are in now.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          If Kevin Love was on our team I would boo him every time he touched the ball
          (I refuse to believe you would actually do this )

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            How about Pau?
            Apparently the Bulls were thinking of shopping him until Noah's injury. Hard to see them moving him now unless it's for someone like JV (which isn't worth it imo).
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
              The Ws put on a clinic, they're simply too deep. But just because the Cavs were -16 in the 27 minutes Love was on the bench doesn't change the fact that he was a -18 in the 21 minutes he was on the floor.

Irving has to take some blame and LeBron too. But there's a reason why so many trade Love threads popped up today on the internet. It's not because everyone decided to collectively agree on an unfair agenda. It's because there is absolutely valid criticism of his play.
              Yeah, it's called the knee jerk reaction, and it's consistently irrational and almost always wrong.

Comment

• Closing in on the unofficial halfway mark .. the all star break... in 3 weeks . and in less than 30 days its the trade deadline.
                Most here believe we should look at adding another piece. So the question is who are the sellers ? Its fun to talk about picking up Kevin Love after a crappy outing or maybe Nick Batum but given the Raps current cap situation (we have no room right now), the GM has rid the team of any dead weight expiring deals, we have two poison pill deals with Ross and JV and we have 8 deals under 3M$ (Powell, Bebe, Bruno , Biz, Wright, Scola, JJ, Bennett). All this seems to add up to a smaller rather than a blockbuster deal.

From my cheap seat here are the sellers. Does anyone see a diamond out there amongst these teams ?
                My vote goes to trying something for Omar Casspi in Sacto.
                For the Markief Morris supporters. He is charged with felony aggravated assault which carries a minimum 5 year to 15 year prison term in Arizona. The US has more people in jail than they do in schools. Just sayin.

West:
                Already have the sign up and operators are standing by
                Lakers .. Pelicans...Kings... Suns...
                Not hanging up the phone
                Timberwolves.. Rockets.... Blazers... Nuggets
                On the fence
                Jazz

East:
                Already have the sign up and operators are standing by
                Nets..
                Not hanging up the phone
                Hornets... Bucks
                On the fence
                Bucks... and if they don't get it together quick the Whiz
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

If you aren't out of line (I've seen nothing to support his career is built on racism) you are certainly off topic

The man has said some dumb shit from time to time. I think that happens when you have a lot of airtime to fill.
                  It would have been more accurate to say he's built his career on calling others racist, but you're correct that it is off topic.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Stephen A. Smith is extremely racist. He's built his entire career on it.
                    Oh man......... I'm just not gonna touch this or I'll lose my temper.

Just gonna say... no.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      I don't think Randle's game is conducive to today's NBA. An undersized PF without an outside shot. Russell just hasn't looked good, I don't know if it's the system, or him. The fact we're in 2nd in the East and creeping up on 1st place doesn't make it the ideal time to be trading DD for some underperfoming rookies.
                      Yet if that exactly was offered in the offseason people here wouldn't believe it was even real, there'd be a near unanimous celebration on rr. Just goes to show the grass isn't always greener getting "prospects"
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Gallo has 20 at half against OKC
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• we are being linked to David Lee. I'm not sold on that at all.
                          David Lee on Raptors' radar?
                          i_ce_27_2a_gettyimages-490423244.png
                          2 hours ago – via Basketball Insiders
                          The problem for Boston is that it’s difficult to move Lee’s $15.4 million contract without any long-term cap impact. Their desire to keep their flexibility and not take on long-term money is something the Celtics have made clear to inquiring teams. One of the teams that continues to be mentioned as a possibility for Lee at the deadline is the Toronto Raptors. However, making the cap math work would be complicated unless a third team that’s willing to take on one of Toronto’s longer deals gets involved.
                          Trade, David Lee, Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

we are being linked to David Lee. I'm not sold on that at all.
                            It's such a bullshit "story" it's not based in any fact. It's pure speculation. I saw this earlier today and laughed. Look at the types of players Masai has brought in, now look at David Lee....
                            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                            Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                              It's such a bullshit "story" it's not based in any fact. It's pure speculation. I saw this earlier today and laughed. Look at the types of players Masai has brought in, now look at David Lee....
                              matching Lee's 15M salary would require quite a few players to make the trade work...

for a rental....who can't get PT on a team that needs bigs...

yeah.. thats pretty far fetched..
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                                You mean David Lee doesn't have the same style of play as Biyombo or Carroll? Who would have thought...

Comment

Working...
                                X