Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I've been hearing Ibaka come up here at RR a bit lately but am confused where he would fit. Only place would be at Centre and we already have JV. Ibaka would be an upgrade over JV on defence. However I think The more pressing matter would be finding a permanent starting PF.
    ibaka is a 4...

Comment

I've been hearing Ibaka come up here at RR a bit lately but am confused where he would fit. Only place would be at Centre and we already have JV. Ibaka would be an upgrade over JV on defence. However I think The more pressing matter would be finding a permanent starting PF.
      Dude, Ibaka is a PF. He plays PF next to Adams and Kanter... What are you talking about?
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

That's where Ibaka would fit.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          Griffin would be our best player if he was traded here no questions asked. I'd give the Clippers whatever they want. Has anyone seen Griffins playoffs numbers? That's the type of player who wins you rounds
          He's a talented player but doesn't fit into this offence. We need players that can hit 3's, make quick decisions and swing the ball effectively. It's why they wanted to sign Wes Matthew's, so we would have a starting rotation that plays similar to GS, but be better defensively, imo.

Comment

• Guys, Ibaka at PF would kill our offense

Comment

He's a talented player but doesn't fit into this offence. We need players that can hit 3's, make quick decisions and swing the ball effectively. It's why they wanted to sign Wes Matthew's, so we would have a starting rotation that plays similar to GS, but be better defensively, imo.
              A defensive minded PF that doesn't need the ball in his hands and can stretch the defense somewhat would be a natural fit next to JV, DD, and Lowry.

Comment

Guys, Ibaka at PF would kill our offense
                How so? I mean, what's the big difference offensively between him and Scola?

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  How so? I mean, what's the big difference offensively between him and Scola?
                  Ibaka is capable of hitting 3's but that isn't his strength. His strength is operating in the paint and more importantly on defence where both he and JV would clog up the paint....where both DD and Lowry do most of their damage.

Comment

Guys, Ibaka at PF would kill our offense
                    I'm not sure how that is.

He has range out to 3. He has midrange game. He can post up.

He is also use to staying out of the way of two ball dominant guard/wing.

Comment

Ibaka is capable of hitting 3's but that isn't his strength. His strength is operating in the paint and more importantly on defence where both he and JV would clog up the paint....where both DD and Lowry do most of their damage.
                      lol not even close.

Ibaka is a mid-range shooter on offence and a kickass help-defender.

I struggle to think of a better fit beside JV to be honest.

Comment

You mean like Scola?

Scola takes 1.8 per game hitting 41%

Ibaka takes 2.0 per game hitting 38%

Comment

• I feel like Ibaka's strength is defence whereas Scola's is offence. Scola is a versatile player that can play on the perimeter but Ibaka will always gravitate to the paint

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                            You mean like Scola?

Scola takes 1.8 per game hitting 41%

Ibaka takes 2.0 per game hitting 38%
                            Ibaka shooting that well eh...didn't know. Even better a fit offensively than I thought.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              lol not even close.

Ibaka is a mid-range shooter on offence and a kickass help-defender.

I struggle to think of a better fit beside JV to be honest.
                              It's a small ball vs big ball debate. They would do well against a lot of teams, but when they run into a team that is a good small ball team they will struggle to defend the perimeter.

Comment

• Ibaka is basically the absolute best case scenario PF fit beside all three of JV, DD and Lowry. How anyone could possibly not want him is beyond me. I'd give up many, many things to get him on the team without breaking up the core.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X