Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Blake doesn't seem like a guy who would want to stay in Toronto. He does tons of commercials, I think he likes being in LA, would bolt for the Lakers or the Heat or someone like that. He won't get all of those endorsements opportunities playing in Canada.
    Actually...that's a pretty good point.

With that said; I think he's a big enough name that the endorsements would find him since he became a name in the States first.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

If Blake was signed for 3 or 4 more years I'd love the trade, but I'm 90% sure he bolts after next season. He's probably in more commercials than any other NBA player, his agent is not going to want him playing in Toronto doing commercials for Canadian Tire and Biosteel.
      Yeah.. hard to keep Blake after his contract expires. Very risky to give tangible assets for a guy like him.

Comment

• Vince had no trouble with endorsements

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Griffin's better than any player on our roster. If you can make the trade, you do it I think.
          I do not agree, but won't go as far as to say that you are wrong. Personally, I don't think BG's game translates to wins as much as Lowry's and in this current system even DeMar's game equates to more wins I feel.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
            I feel lowry is better than paul right now.

Ross and carroll exceeds pierce and jj.

And jv is the better overall player than dj

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
            KL n Paul are very comparable !

Ross is not a better shooter than JJ
            Caroll is better than pierce at this point
            JV is better at some things, but Jordan is perfect for what they do! It's NOT a better situation then the one he's in! ( except that he'd be in the east instead of west) i don't think ruining chemistry, and trading away KL's best friend ( all star ) and showing FAs around league that u have zero respect/loyalty fur your players is the right path to take ... I'm sure you'll argue cuz .. I mean .. U thought dero for BOOKER was a great trade idea ,.. A 19 year old kid, for a 2 time allstar that gets better every year ... Right !

Comment

If Blake was signed for 3 or 4 more years I'd love the trade, but I'm 90% sure he bolts after next season. He's probably in more commercials than any other NBA player, his agent is not going to want him playing in Toronto doing commercials for Canadian Tire and Biosteel.
              You know you're an established world-class athlete when you drive a Kia on TV

Comment

• Here is the original tweet:

Never heard of this guy before.. and "NBA sources" is so vague. It could be a janitor at the Staples Center for all we know.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  and "NBA sources" is so vague. It could be a janitor at the Staples Center for all we know.
                  ....who overheard two guys talking about their fantasy teams....

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                    Actually it's not me who says that, it's NBA.com/Stats.

I forget who said it, but I read a comment that the Raptors last year led the league in looking at each other asking "was that my man or yours?" It almost seems the exact opposite with the 2nd unit foursome this year, which may be a good part of the reason why Casey is so loathe to break them up.
                    Yeah I knew you got it from somewhere but still wanted to cover my ass in case it was wrong lol
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Griffin only has next season left on his deal and would seem fairly likely to bolt afterwards. I'd rather keep DD and resign him, and use our Knicks pick on a young stud.
                      Primer wrote: View Post
                      Blake doesn't seem like a guy who would want to stay in Toronto. He does tons of commercials, I think he likes being in LA, would bolt for the Lakers or the Heat or someone like that. He won't get all of those endorsements opportunities playing in Canada.
                      Primer wrote: View Post
                      Someone has an inferiority complex lol

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Yeah.. hard to keep Blake after his contract expires. Very risky to give tangible assets for a guy like him.
                      Though you're not alone.

Is he a power forward or an actor? (trick question - on the court he's both)
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Think about the trade from the other teams perspective for a second before posting. They just resigned Jordan to a huge deal, ergo, they have no need for JV. Ross duplicates Reddick. Demar is the only player on our roster that makes sense for LAC.

Still, I'm not sure if you do a DD + Knicks pick for Griffin deal. Griffin only has next season left on his deal and would seem fairly likely to bolt afterwards. I'd rather keep DD and resign him, and use our Knicks pick on a young stud.
                        You guys really think Masai is going to trade either one of KL/DD? Honestly the way things are right now those two are as close to untouchable as you can get on

Any trade for JV/Ross would have to be a 3 team trade. Lost of teams would join in and send their assets to clips to get their hands on JV. You can not offer reserve for a player like BG.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The Raptors have worked hard to create a culture in Toronto. The whole "pound the rock" thing is not just a gimmick, it means something to have management, staff and players be character people who aren't afraid to put in the work and get better everyday. It's the reason we keep Dwane Casey as the head coach. It's the reason we bring in guys like Bismack, Joseph and Carroll. It's the reason we have guys like DeMar and Lowry. It's the reason we draft guys like Wright and Powell.

If we bring people into the organization, we need to make sure they keep in line with this culture. Yes, we'd like to get talented people, but not at the expense of the culture we've worked diligently to create.

Do guys like Morris and Griffin really fall in line? I'm not saying no, I'm just saying think long and hard about the impact beyond numbers they can put up.

Comment

• Raps07 wrote: View Post
                            That line up sounds pretty sweet, then even the usage would go to BG..
                            But.. That doesn't account for chemistry... And u have to have a good relationship with your players.. I'm pretty sure Lowry would be pretty upset if u traded away his allstar best friend .. ( not saying he'd pull a Morris) just sayin'
                            Plus ... Are u the guy that doesn't wan Morris cuz if his "attitude" and off court actions .. Why are u not concerned about Blake breaking his hand on " a dear friend " that is literally half his size !!! ( if u wanna blame it on alcohol, is there a guarentee he'll never drink again ?)
                            The reason I'm willing to forgive Blake's off-court stuff more than Morris' is simple.

Blake is a top 10-15 guy. Morris isn't.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• People should remember that BG won't play till April. So, that's DC/BG not playing till playoffs.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Blake hit a member of his organization so hard that he broke his hand.

Morris beat up a guy cause he was sending inappropriate texts to his mother.

Would still take both guys.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X