Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I guess he likes the bench. Monroe with 25/9 through 3q. Odd to see them up big on the celts.
    Great for us though!
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I guess this means they won't take Anthony Bennett and Stripes for Al Horford.

Comment

• without insurance i don't think masai would trade for horford anyway. i can't see masai sending out multiple 7 year control on cheap contracts for a guy to play 2 months here.

Comment

• Idea of mine is that with Gasol being out and some calling for the end of the grit and grind era Grizzlies (Conley may leave also), do we think a trade could/should be made for Zach Randolph? I'm going to leave it open (I see both pros and cons) for some thoughts.

Comment

• I realize it's more fun to think big, but maybe a small deal is what MU will come up with.

I've already mentioned Brandon Bass from the Lakers.

Here's another - Darrell Arthur of the Nuggets.

With Arthur on the court last season, the Nuggets defended at a rate that would have ranked second in the NBA, per NBA.com/Stats. With him on the bench? Their defensive rating increased by 9.1 points per 100 possessions, and would have ranked 28th. That kind of defensive impact earned Arthur a new two-year deal for Denver's room exception, starting at $2.8 million.

Surely, not all the difference in the Nuggets' defense can be attributed to Arthur, but this isn't a new effect. ESPN's real plus-minus has historically rated him as an excellent defender, and his defensive RPM ranked third among power forwards and 10th overall last season. Arthur is incredibly perceptive defensively and in the right place at the right time. He also moves his feet well defending pick-and-rolls -- well enough that Denver has played him at small forward at times, which is probably not a good idea -- and has solid steal and block rates for a power forward.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
              Idea of mine is that with Gasol being out and some calling for the end of the grit and grind era Grizzlies (Conley may leave also), do we think a trade could/should be made for Zach Randolph? I'm going to leave it open (I see both pros and cons) for some thoughts.
              money and they are going to ask for a lot of picks

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                I realize it's more fun to think big, but maybe a small deal is what MU will come up with.

I've already mentioned Brandon Bass from the Lakers.

Here's another - Darrell Arthur of the Nuggets.
                no pass bass might be good injury insurance but he is about as athletic as scola. i like the arthur idea.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  money and they are going to ask for a lot of picks
                  He's actually only making 9 million which is lower than alot of our targets. You can do a Patterson +Wright or Scola +JJ +Wright to make the salaries work.

The compensation is certainly a more questionable area.

Comment

no pass bass might be good injury insurance but he is about as athletic as scola. i like the arthur idea.
                    Despite being on the shorter side, Bass is a very good athlete who is capable of rolling hard and finishing at the rim. His stocky frame makes for solid screen setting for teammates. Still, he has a tendency to pop to about 15 feet and settle for the midrange jumper, at which he's pretty effective. He'll also crash the offensive boards, and was one of the best at offensive putbacks in the league, according to Synergy Sports (1.35 points per possession).
                    Defensively, he's traditionally struggled in more complex schemes, but it will be interesting to see how he pairs with Hibbert, another poor defensive rebounder.
                    His defensive numbers are relatively good this year, although he's still a shitty rebounder.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

without insurance i don't think masai would trade for horford anyway. i can't see masai sending out multiple 7 year control on cheap contracts for a guy to play 2 months here.
                      Unless he thinks that Horford would give us a legitimate shot at eastern conference finals this year, with a fringe shot at the finals, and perhaps trusts his ability to resign free agents. I don't think that is unreasonable based on our current play, but hopefully we take into account our past playoff performances and don't sell the future.

With Horford, I would love to get him, but with bird rights, we probably end up getting him for five years, and given his age, that could very well end up being an awful contract. If thats what it takes, im all right with it, but still concerned.
                      Last edited by DogeLover1234; Wed Feb 10, 2016, 03:52 AM.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        I still think Marvin Williams would be a great under-the-radar pickup who actually does move the needle enough to make a difference in the playoffs. But, is Charlotte a buyer or seller?
                        Marv would be a great pickup but i think charlotte loves him? not sure they're a seller this year.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• i'd do a deal for horford that doesn't involve JV. seems counterproductive.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            Marv would be a great pickup but i think charlotte loves him? not sure they're a seller this year.
                            Depends on whether they think they can re-sign him or not. He's a UFA and they are a fringe buyer/seller. If they think he's walking, they will deal him and use Frank the Tank more. He might see himself as a placeholder for Kaminsky anyway, so might want to bolt for a more sustainable role. Who knows. Wouldn't be shocked either way.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I've come to the conclusion, based on the current climate of the league, our team and all else, that the best move may be not making a move at all at the deadline.

I know that seems boring and doesn't jive with Internet Fandom, but masai isn't here to win a popularity contest in the short term.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• MU knows he has to add a 4. He knows he should have made a move at last years deadline. He WILL make a trade this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X