Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooch wrote: View Post
    Its what he has said, not me.
    Technically it's what his father has said.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      Why wouldn't MU have interest in Anderson?
      Not saying he's not on the list, just saying I think the degree of interest is inflated. Though the less Masai has to send to NO, the less interest he has to have. I don't think the potential buyers will be in a rush this week - unlike the sellers like Houston.
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        Paul Millsap makes $18m/year. There is no way we can trade for him right now without sending out a substantial chunk of the bench (2Pat, JJ, Scola and Ross works) and annihilating a lot of our chemistry - to say nothing of our best lineup - in the process.
        Off the cuff, I'd do Millsap and Korver (or Sef) for Scola, Carroll and Ross (plus a pick or two).

But haven't really put too much thought into it.

Comment

• Raps07 wrote: View Post
          Horford is an instant upgrade to the team ! And plays both front court positions at an elite level
          Except he can't play both front court positions at the same time.

I like the idea of nabbing Horford. But was pointing out that Bismack starting most definitely represents a 5-on-4 situation on the offensive end.

Comment

And u need more than " ummm I think that we lost in the playoffs , so we will again " in your reply !

Horford is an instant upgrade to the team ! And plays both front court positions at an elite level !

Barolt.. I DEFINITELY don't like giving up JV either.. I really don't ! But .. Horford/Biz is a good athletic front court ! Mobile, shot blocking , and biz wouldn't need to score ! There 4 other extremely capable scorers on the court! Not everyone has to avg 20ppg! ( Ben Wallace didn't have an offensive game .. ( and fuck no, I'm not saying biz is that good yet) )

I think it's a risky trade, losing JV.. But, the return is huge ! And .. Once again Horford is also an elite Center ! I'd put real consideration into it, if it were an option
            the return is not huge, not even close to huge.

Comparing Horford and JV both at age 23, and per 36 minutes.

JV has a higher:

PPG
            RPG
            BPG
            WS/48
            better defensive rating
            Same fg%

Horford averaged 1 assist more per game.
            http://bkref.com/tiny/imadt

Both at end of 4th season.

JV higher
            PPG
            RPG
            BPG
            Same FG%
            Same ORating
            better Drating

Horford 2 more assists(easy to get them when your team plays inside out, which we do not..cannot see demar knocking down kickout threes like Korver did.)
            http://bkref.com/tiny/uqXFT

\This season
            JV higher
            RPG
            FG%
            ORating
            Same D Rating
            Same Blocks
            Lower assists

http://bkref.com/tiny/Owfb1

We would have to change our offense to get out of him here what they do in Atlanta, and that isnt much different than what JV brings to the floor....difference is JV is locked up on a good contract, and is 6 years younger than Horford.

I really like horford, but I would never ever ever ever ever eeeeeeeeeeee-ver trade JV for him.

Comment

Again ... Best lineup in NBA currently includes biz ! So .. That theory doesn't hold water
              then why dont we just use that lineup then?

Trade Demar and JV both.

Comment

the return is not huge, not even close to huge.

Comparing Horford and JV both at age 23, and per 36 minutes.

JV has a higher:

PPG
                RPG
                BPG
                WS/48
                better defensive rating
                Same fg%

Horford averaged 1 assist more per game.
                http://bkref.com/tiny/imadt

Both at end of 4th season.

JV higher
                PPG
                RPG
                BPG
                Same FG%
                Same ORating
                better Drating

Horford 2 more assists(easy to get them when your team plays inside out, which we do not..cannot see demar knocking down kickout threes like Korver did.)
                http://bkref.com/tiny/uqXFT

\This season
                JV higher
                RPG
                FG%
                ORating
                Same D Rating
                Same Blocks
                Lower assists

http://bkref.com/tiny/Owfb1

We would have to change our offense to get out of him here what they do in Atlanta, and that isnt much different than what JV brings to the floor....difference is JV is locked up on a good contract, and is 6 years younger than Horford.

I really like horford, but I would never ever ever ever ever eeeeeeeeeeee-ver trade JV for him.
                That's a better reply ! Makes sense , and made me look a little closer .. Tho you did conveniently leave out that Al is shooting 34% from 3pt .. That's a big plus too ..

But ... I'll admit.. It's not AS good a trade as I was thinking .. I think I'd still do it ,.. Or at least go over all the advanced stats .. bad really consider it .. I think
                KL/DD/DC/AH/BB is a better lineup than.
                KL/DD/DC/LS/JV

And competes with the Lebrons MUCH better... ( with a great bench still )

Comment

• If Biz can give you what he did while JV was out for those 17 games next to Horford I think the starting lineup will be just fine. Biz has gotten a lot better at catching and finishing since the season started. I cant remember the last BB had a negative +/-.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I really wonder what Atlanta's endgame is here. A full on tank? A retool? It doesn't add up somehow.

Comment

• Anyone suggesting we keep Biz as our starting C has not given much thought to how we do that.

Whether we trade JV or not, Bismack is very, very likely to be playing for another team next season. But if he's our starting C for the playoffs? Then it's guaranteed he'll be playing elsewhere. Full time starting C's don't get paid the MLE.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Demar to Boston

Bradley, Olynik, A pick from Boston and Toronto Pick to Atlanta

Patterson to Memphis

Horford and Courtney Lee to Toronto

Lowry/Joseph/Wright
                        Lee/Ross/Powell
                        Carroll/JJ/Bruno
                        Horford/Scola/Bennett
                        JV/Biz/Bebe

That is a great team, lockdown defense, floor spacing, post up game.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          If Biz can give you what he did while JV was out for those 17 games next to Horford I think the starting lineup will be just fine. Biz has gotten a lot better at catching and finishing since the season started. I cant remember the last BB had a negative +/-.
                          Jan 20th.

But your observation seems at odds with your conclusion. BB has had a huge string of plus games because he is playing where he should be - against bench players. Back when he was starting he was a minus almost every night.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That's a better reply ! Makes sense , and made me look a little closer .. Tho you did conveniently leave out that Al is shooting 34% from 3pt .. That's a big plus too ..

But ... I'll admit.. It's not AS good a trade as I was thinking .. I think I'd still do it ,.. Or at least go over all the advanced stats .. bad really consider it .. I think
                            KL/DD/DC/AH/BB is a better lineup than.
                            KL/DD/DC/LS/JV

And competes with the Lebrons MUCH better... ( with a great bench still )
                            I shouldnt have has to post all that.

It should have been obvious on many levels that biz starting is a bad idea on its own.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

I shouldnt have has to post all that.

It should have been obvious on many levels that biz starting is a bad idea on its own.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
                              yes, it should.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Jan 20th.

But your observation seems at odds with your conclusion. BB has had a huge string of plus games because he is playing where he should be - against bench players. Back when he was starting he was a minus almost every night.
                                This. As a starter he put up nice numbers, but he was a -1.7 in his 18 games starting. As a bench player he is +8.3.

Comment

Working...
                                X