Raptors 2016 Trade Deadline - Dec 15th 2015 - Feb 18th 2016 @ 3pm EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    Here's the way I look at our roster in regards to this trade deadline.

Untouchable
    Lowry

Better be getting a superstar back
    DeRozan
    Valanciunas

Only if a major star talent is coming in
    Ross
    Patterson
    Caboclo
    Knicks/Nuggets Pick

Prefer to keep, would trade if necessary to make deal happen
    CoJo
    Bebe
    Raptors 2017 Pick

Will include to make a deal work
    Biyombo
    Delon Wright
    Norman Powell
    Raptors 2016 Pick
    Clippers 2017 Pick

Take them
    Luis Scola
    James Johnson
    Anthony Bennett
    Almost entirely agree with ranking here except for one slight change that in that I swap BB and Bebe's positions. Save Bennett; I'm legitimately unsure how I feel on him any more but he's still low risk/high reward.

With that said; if the player we're trading for ISN'T going to move are ceiling right now (or in the future)...we should stand pat. No rush.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      yea no superstar is coming to a team who's starting PG is Cory fucking Joseph.
      Lol lol .. You're missing the point of the post !! Lol ... Jwalsh n I were having a discussion .. Also .. It was a trade proposal.... He wouldn't have an option to " come or not "

But .. Again ... Was making a point !! Try following the entire discussion, instead of jumping on one post out of context

Comment

• Rough (really want to highlight this because it's not definitive) parameters for a superstar to me statistically are 30+mpg, 24.5%+(to account for rounding) Usage, .200 WS/48 or higher, 110+ oRTG

If you run a search for that over the past 3 seasons, the guys you get (who actually played enough games, so no 17 game Brook Lopez doesn't count). You get

Durant
        Harden
        James
        Curry
        Love (2013-14)
        Davis
        Griffin
        Westbrook
        Leonard
        CP3
        Lowry

Only guy from my list that didn't make the cut was Cousins. But I think carrying absurdly high (35.5% highest in the league) usage for a center (or anyone really) is probably why his oRTG and WS/48 are suffering.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          Can we hide Ryan Andrerson on defense? Is he worse than Scola?
          Nobody is worse than Scola.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            If were getting a PF at the deadline, I full expect Masai to go with a low-cost guy with a solid ceiling.

The one guy that keeps popping up in my head is Marvin Williams..... whose making 7 mil right now and is a UFA at the end of the year. He's a really good fit here, and Charlotte could use a better bench SG.

Ross & Scola gets it done if we take back Troy Daniels and Williams. Would anyone here do that deal?
            Putting Ross in that deal is a bad idea. We need him off the bench right now, bigtime.

Scola+JJ and a prospect or 2 2nds if Charlotte's in sell mode, which they aren't.

Comment

• People need to keep in mind, we have little shooting off the bench. That makes Ross very valuable, and very hard to trade.
              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                People need to keep in mind, we have little shooting off the bench. That makes Ross very valuable, and very hard to trade.
                I really don't understand why some are so willing to throw Ross in a deal. You definitely like him more than I do, but I recognize his value bigtime. Without him we have some serious spacing problems in our bench units. Not to mention the fact that he's decided to morph into an elite defender this year finally.

EDIT: I know some are down on the price tag (upwards of $35M per year) but we have the best shooting guard rotation in the league hands-down and they're both in their mid 20s. I'd rather not mess with that unless I have to.

Comment

I really don't understand why some are so willing to throw Ross in a deal. You definitely like him more than I do, but I recognize his value bigtime. Without him we have some serious spacing problems in our bench units. Not to mention the fact that he's decided to morph into an elite defender this year finally.

EDIT: I know some are down on the price tag (upwards of $35M per year) but we have the best shooting guard rotation in the league hands-down and they're both in their mid 20s. I'd rather not mess with that unless I have to.
                  He has been shooting really well recently too.

Comment

The other side of this is, on the off-chance DeMar does walk in free agency, Ross isn't a terrible replacement for next season.

I know it looks a lot like DeMar is staying, but weird things happen in free agency.
                    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Putting Ross in that deal is a bad idea. We need him off the bench right now, bigtime.

Scola+JJ and a prospect or 2 2nds if Charlotte's in sell mode, which they aren't.
                      agree on this deal, only way Ross goes is if it's for batum. They need a wing defender, in jj, if the picks didn't get it done I think I'd be fine with sending them Powell, he'll never develop here anyway.

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                        Thank you, Masai!

Morey: "So Masai, what do you think about a deal with Howard and JV as the principals?"

Click

Morey: "Masai?"
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Superstars? Ok, gonna try not to miss anyone here:

LeBron James
                          Stephen Curry
                          Kevin Durant
                          Russell Westbrook
                          Kawhi Leonard
                          Blake Griffin
                          Chris Paul
                          James Harden
                          DeMarcus Cousins
                          Anthony Davis
                          Kyle Lowry (at his best I really think he is)
                          Ok, that's a start. How many of those above guys are:

(a) actually available right now and get-table in a win-win deal (pls propose) that makes sense for both teams &
                          (b) would fit with the remaining core, elevating the Raps to legit contender status &
                          (c) are under contract for a few years or if not, would sign here long-term to a contract that doesn't hamstring roster construction going forward.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Ok, that's a start. How many of those above guys are:

(a) actually available right now and get-table in a win-win deal (pls propose) that makes sense for both teams &
                            (b) would fit with the remaining core, elevating the Raps to legit contender status &
                            (c) are under contract for a few years or if not, would sign here long-term to a contract that doesn't hamstring roster construction going forward.
                            I didn't say any of them were available. You're creating that narrative.

I said I would only trade DD or JV in a package for a superstar (i.e. one of those guys, because they are the type of players that take you to the next level). If DD or JV are being traded (assuming it's a trade that's not intended to be for a rebuild), one of those guys besides Lowry better be wearing a Raptors jersey, that's all.

Comment

• Only Boogie and maybe Blake.
                              Axel wrote:
                              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                              KeonClark wrote:
                              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• ryan anderson is the available pf who catches my eye the most. hes averaging around 17 and 6 and is one of the best threepoint shooters in the league

And I think a trade of JJ/bebe/wright/maybe a pick for anderson/perk would work for both sides

we get a vet deep bench player, and anderson.

and new orleans gets 2 prospects and a filler.

making a roster of

JV/BB
                                Anderson/2pat/scola
                                carrol/ross
                                demar/powell
                                lowry/cojo

its a really deep roster, and is pretty much an instant east finals contender
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X