Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Spurs vs. The Cavs. Thursday January 14th, in Cleveland. Bets? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spurs vs. The Cavs. Thursday January 14th, in Cleveland. Bets? :)

The Cavs sure whupped us last time. And maybe we coulda' handled ourselves better. But these dudes are supposed to be deadly, nonetheless.

They started slow last year, but it seemed that no sooner than they hit their stride they were ravaged by the injury bug. And now they're back. It's the second year for the boys and it seems they're humming already. And finally healthy ...

Meanwhile, the Spurs have moved into possession of 1st place in in the NBA.com power rankings (ahead of the Warriors!), with a record of 30 wins, 6 losses. But I would argue - based solely on their record and strength of schedule - that they are gonna get schooled by the Cavs. The Spurs have been beaten by:

OKC
    The Wizards
    The Pelicans
    The Bulls
    The Raptors and
    The Rockets

Of the "good" teams, they have victories over

The Celtics (2)
    The Hornets
    The Grizzlies (2)
    The Mavericks
    The Hawks (2)
    The Wizards
    The Clippers
    Pacers and
    The Rockets

Some nice wins there - but those twelve (of 30) wins leave a lot of wins (18) over the Bucs, Lakers, Jazz, 76'ers, Timberwolves and the like.

Anyway - I'd bet on the Cavs for both games, home and away, on January 14th and 30th. Double digits at home and single digits away. This is a potential Finals match-up. And while most regular season Cavs games will have a kind of "tune-up" feel, I think, this will be different. Lebron's aiming for Michael.

There's revenge and then there's "schadenfreude", ladies and gents ... dig it ...
    Yes, Handily!
    33.33%
    Yes but close games ...
    0.00%
    It's a split ...
    66.67%
    Nope. The LeBrons will lose both ... and have some 'splainin' to do!
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Jan 5, 2016, 07:36 PM.

Where was this thread moved to?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Where was this thread moved to?
      Let's NBA. My mistake - I realized it wasn't really a raptors thread and suggested it be moved.

Comment

it will be a good match-up i voted for the split the claw and tony and maybe aldridge have a good game and the cavs will do well in the other game who knows who will be playing injuries happen day to day

Comment

Working...
        X