Toronto Brooklyn
    PG - Kyle Lowry PG - Shane Larkin
    SG - Demar Derozan SG - Bojan Bogdanovic
    SF - James Johnson SF - Joe Johnson
    PF - Luis Scola PF - Thad Young
    C - Jonas Valanciunas C - Brook Lopez

Last Meeting
    April 3, 2015 BROOKLYN 114, TORONTO 109
    Thaddeus Young swooped in to make the tiebreaking basket on a follow shot with 22 seconds left after misses by Deron Williams and Brook Lopez, and the Brooklyn Nets beat the Toronto Raptors 114109 … Williams scored a season-high 31 points and Lopez added 30 points and 17 rebounds for the Nets … Young tied his season high with 29 points … DeMar DeRozan finished with 27 points, eight rebounds and eight assists for the Raptors … Lopez had his fifth 30-point game in the last nine, while Williams also handed out 11 assists … This was the fifth straight regular-season game between the teams here decided by five points or fewer … Neither team led by more than three points in the fourth quarter until the final seconds … DeRozan followed Williams' 3-pointer with a jumper 10 seconds later to tie it at 109 with 36 seconds to play … But he missed on Toronto's possession following Young's basket, which came after Williams missed in the lane and Lopez missed the first tip attempt … Lou Williams scored 23 points for the Raptors, playing their fifth straight game without All-Star point guard Kyle Lowry.

Note Worthy
    • This is the 91st meeting between the Raptors and Nets (including 13 playoff games) – the most games Toronto has played against any opponent

• Wednesday’s game at Brooklyn is the first of five Atlantic Division contests the Raptors will play in January. Toronto is 3-1 against divisional rivals this season.

• Kyle Lowry has an opportunity to become the first player since Chris Bosh in 2010 to record four straight doubledoubles.

• DeMar DeRozan ranks sixth in NBA scoring since Dec. 1 averaging 24.5 points in 18 games. He is shooting .446 (151-for-324) from the field, .353 (12-for-34) from three-point range and .864 (127-for-147) at the free throw line.

• DeMar DeRozan and Kyle Lowry are one of three duos in the NBA averaging 20+ points this season. DeRozan ranks 11th averaging 22.9 points, while Lowry ranks 17th with 20.7 points. Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant (26.6) and Russell Westbrook (25.3) and Golden State’s Stephen Curry (29.7) and Klay Thompson (20.4) are the only other pairs.

• Patrick Patterson is averaging 12.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and shooting a team-best .571 (8-for-14) from threepoint range over the last three games (Jan. 1-4). Patterson also leads the team shooting .583 (14-for-24) overall from the field during these games.

• DeMarre Carroll will not play Wednesday at Brooklyn due to a swollen right knee

• Toronto has won 14 straight games when holding opponents to less than 100 points. The Raptors are 19-3 when keeping opponents under the century mark and 17-5 when opponents shoot below .450 from the field. Toronto ranks fifth in the NBA limiting opponents to 97.6 points.

• The Raptors (10-9) are one of seven teams in the NBA currently with a winning record on the road.

Go Raps!

time to feed on the bottomfeeders

Comment

We need you Joey
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

This game actually scares me for some reason .. between Thad Young and Lopez, and with us missing Carroll, there won't be any room to take plays off for this one.

Comment

Thad Young going to kill us
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Intereseted in how Hollins uses Lopez-Thad. Raptor terrible 3Pt D wont be a factor so Raps migh blow them out

Comment

Joey's back! WE'RE GOING TO THE FINALS
              OG is our king

Comment

F Brooklyn. Only team I hate even remotely as much is Phoenix.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                  We need you Joey
                  Gorgeous Thread, right??

No disrespect, rightsideup. But still ...

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                    F Brooklyn. Only team I hate even remotely as much is Phoenix.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                    I'd like to demolish the Wizards. Sexual healing, almost.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      Intereseted in how Hollins uses Lopez-Thad. Raptor terrible 3Pt D wont be a factor so Raps migh blow them out
                      Lol.

You know Joe Johnson and Bojan will hit at least 6 threes apiece.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                        This game actually scares me for some reason .. between Thad Young and Lopez, and with us missing Carroll, there won't be any room to take plays off for this one.
                        I think our post defense could be out of sync people cannot expect jv to be up to snuff after a layoff but if we attack lopez using jv it could be a wash and then our guards win it for us as for Thad young that was a good deal for the nets youth over garnetts experience and kevin is able to mentor the best young two way big man in towns.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                          Lol.

You know Joe Johnson and Bojan will hit at least 6 threes apiece.
                          AFAIK Joe's been struggling, but he's a Rap killer like Pierce. This year, PP looks about done and so does Joe on the Nets

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                            Which is why I hope Casey remembers that James Johnson can play too.

maybe go with the lineup of Lowry-Ross-DD-JJ-JV to counter that at the beginning and give Powell some burn as well at the 2 spot.

Comment

man that injury to Jared jack looked scary. the raptors have had a lot of quality points come through and Jared was one of them he had a great season for the warriors when they started to get good as well

Comment

Working...
                              X