Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens if 2016 playoffs is a repeat of 2014 and 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    OK. As such, we should be concerned about the talent level on this team and how to dramatically increase it and as such should not be the least bit satisfied with the current construct. How is that inconsistent with my previous statement?
    I think everyone wants to raise the talent level of the team though.

I also disagree with Christian though, I think we could beat Miami in a series I'd just rather try to avoid them until the second round.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
      It would be foolish to only consider a single outcome of the season; I wouldn't read any more into it than that.

Lowry's health can be attributed to coaching in some fashion (well discussed). Our D is entirely different than last year and I believe it is more sustainable but if our players give up like they did last year, then it won't matter.
      Lowry is the engine of the team. Lowry is the one always rallying the troops. That's hard to do when your playing like shit(cause of injury). This year is different cause we have vets like Carroll and Scola. Who are known as true competitors. I don't see this team quitting at all. This team is way tougher than last year. Our toughest guy last year was under 6 foot and injured.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

If the 2016 playoffs lead to the Raps losing in the first round in convincing fashion again. I'm going to open my eyes, wake up from my nightmare, walk over to the living room, sit down and watch the Raptor sweep Boston.

We're not losing in the first round, refuse to accept that.

Comment

There's only two ways of looking at this team in my opinion:

1)We're talented enough to beat anyone, the reason we aren't isn't talent related and we need to address it.

2)We need more/better talent.

I don't want to win in November and December. I want to win in May and June.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
            There's only two ways of looking at this team in my opinion:

1)We're talented enough to beat anyone, the reason we aren't isn't talent related and we need to address it.

2)We need more/better talent.

I don't want to win in November and December. I want to win in May and June.
            I'd like to win in both Nov/Dec and May/Jun considering that the former is directly tied to the latter. We're not winning shit if we're the 8th seed playing the Cavs in round 1 lol

Comment

This is a scenario that Masai Ujiri has planned for very well. If the team wins, he gets credited for sticking by Casey and tweaking the roster in the summer. If we get booted, there's a very easy scapegoat ready in Casey, who a lot of fans haven't forgiven for his coaching against the Wiz, so it's a win-win for Ujiri.

Short answer: if Raps lose in first round, Casey's contract doesn't get renewed.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                We're not losing in the first round, refuse to accept that.
                And that's one way to handle things. Good thing you made your own thread to look at the flip side.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I'd like to win in both Nov/Dec and May/Jun considering that the former is directly tied to the latter. We're not winning shit if we're the 8th seed playing the Cavs in round 1 lol
                  Teams that win in May/Jun don't get too excited or down because of wins/losses in Nov/Dec. The lack of confidence in our team to convincingly beat bottom feeders in December says a lot about what we expect from our team in May.

Comment

Teams that win in May/Jun don't get too excited or down because of wins/losses in Nov/Dec. The lack of confidence in our team to convincingly beat bottom feeders in December says a lot about what we expect from our team in May.
                    Chicago needed a 53 point performance from Jimmy Butler to squeak by Philly in OT....

Like I've said in other threads, I think for perspective it would be beneficial to watch other teams and how they close out games more frequently. The Raptors are not a unicorn in the NBA when it comes to 4th quarter execution.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      Short answer: if Raps lose in first round, Casey's contract doesn't get renewed.
                      And Masai steps closer to the line of fire. Casey has been a nice target to distract any criticism of Masai. For all of Masai's "evaluating", he finally has to make a stand.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Chicago needed a 53 point performance from Jimmy Butler to squeak by Philly in OT....

Like I've said in other threads, I think for perspective it would be beneficial to watch other teams and how they close out games more frequently. The Raptors are not a unicorn in the NBA when it comes to 4th quarter execution.
                        Short answer: Bulls are somewhat in the same boat we're in right now(good, not nearly good enough to beat the Cavs/Warriors/Spurs/Clippers/Thunder in a seven game series), the only difference is that Jimmy Butler is good enough to get them out of the first round by himself, we have noone on our team quite on that level.

Comment

Short answer: Bulls are somewhat in the same boat we're in right now(good, not nearly good enough to beat the Cavs/Warriors/Spurs/Clippers/Thunder in a seven game series), the only difference is that Jimmy Butler is good enough to get them out of the first round by himself, we have noone on our team quite on that level.
                          Bulls should consider moving Rose. Sacramento would have been a good target before Rondo.

Comment

But we already KNOW we're not beating those teams in the playoffs. What's important is whether or not we can make some noise this year unlike the last two and advance one or two rounds. Beating the Cavs would require a miracle or an injury or some deadline day deal that makes us significantly better.

And I don't think Jimmy Butler is a good enough offensive player to do that, btw.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                              Bulls should consider moving Rose. Sacramento would have been a good target before Rondo.
                              Does anyone actually want Rose enough to trade something of value for him? He's a bad shooter this year who can't stay healthy. Maybe, in a best case scenario, he's 'good Rose' for half the games in a season/series, but the rest of the time he's either awful or injured.

Comment

Does anyone actually want Rose enough to trade something of value for him? He's a bad shooter this year who can't stay healthy. Maybe, in a best case scenario, he's 'good Rose' for half the games in a season/series, but the rest of the time he's either awful or injured.
                                Did I not mention how crazy Sacramento is?

Comment

Working...
                                X