• Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    Six game streak! Woo-Hoooo!
    Tied for second in the league
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      I want him to not settle for jumpers when the game in tight down the stretch. That is all. Mix it up all you want during the game but it close games down the stretch look to get into the paint because you can and only good things come of it.
      We all want this. But it's easier said than done and the defense knows exactly what he's trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay but the time between the 2 1/2 min mark and 45 seconds we played foolish. Also Demar should not be settling for jumpers over Olynyk. There is just no reason for that. Good for him that he hit it but not the smartest move. Boston made a lot of foolish mistakes down the stretch as well and that's why we won along with Demar playing great. Do what we did against any of the top veteran teams in the league and trust we lose.
        In theory you'd like your best player to get to the rim every possession in close games, but in reality it doesn't work like that. Durant, Lebron, Curry, Butler, Wade, all of them settle for jumpshots as well. Yes, Durant and Curry are stupidly good shooters but they're also better at the rim. It's the way it goes, just like people clamour for fantastic out of timeout plays near the end of the game but the vast majority of teams use iso or simple pick and rolls like we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          We hit shots we normally make
          brilliantly comical

Comment

Welp since we are supposedly so tough we shall see if that hold through for us this time around.
            Quick question for the pessimistic fans...

Did it hurt less when we got bounced 4-0 from the playoffs last year?

If so, do you.

But if you felt like the rest of us, just let us have our wins please

Let's see what happens when the playoffs come around this year. No need to remind us about last year after every game!

Comment

• I'm just always thinking long term and the playoffs at this point. As Kyle said, making the playoffs and getting beat in the first round isn't cool anymore. Our inconsistent D and ISO plays down the stretch will not win in the playoffs. So you guys can enjoy all these regular season almost meaningless wins. Just always remember, we had a great record last season, we won our division, we won close games and got away with bad plays last season as well but we got SWEPT in the playoffs. SWEPT. If you guys aren't going to learn from that and the team isn't as well then I hope you're ready for that first round exit. I will not be blinded by Demar's stellar game tonight. There are still plenty of issues this team needs to work out before they can even dream of getting out the first round this season. And to me that's called being real not a pessimist. How you can just ignore those signs if you want to see this team advance is beyond me. Oh and don't forget, Casey will still be the coach come playoff time LOL.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                Quick question for the pessimistic fans...

Did it hurt less when we got bounced 4-0 from the playoffs last year?

If so, do you.

But if you felt like the rest of us, just let us have our wins please

Let's see what happens when the playoffs come around this year. No need to remind us about last year after every game!

Okay I will stop bringing up the playoffs after wins because I can see everyone just wants to forget it and pretend we don't have some of the same issues this season as well. Enjoy your wins now. Key word NOW. I will leave it alone from now on. But trust me come playoff time if we falter for the same reasons I have brought up you guys won't be able to shut me up LOL. I will hold of my decision until seasons end. At the end of the day they still have time to turn it around and I am a fan so I really hope they do.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I'm just always thinking long term and the playoffs at this point. As Kyle said, making the playoffs and getting beat in the first round isn't cool anymore. Our inconsistent D and ISO plays down the stretch will not win in the playoffs. So you guys can enjoy all these regular season almost meaningless wins. Just always remember, we had a great record last season, we won our division, we won close games and got away with bad plays last season as well but we got SWEPT in the playoffs. SWEPT. If you guys aren't going to learn from that and the team isn't as well then I hope you're ready for that first round exit. I will not be blinded by Demar's stellar game tonight. There are still plenty of issues this team needs to work out before they can even dream of getting out the first round this season. And to me that's called being real not a pessimist. How you can just ignore those signs if you want to see this team advance is beyond me. Oh and don't forget, Casey will still be the coach come playoff time LOL.
                  Our defense last year was absolutely abysmal. I'd tear my hair out watching them get constantly lost on defensive rotations. It's had some bumps in the road this year but it's a hell of a lot better.

Comment

• GAME #42 - Celtics (22-20) at Raptors (26-15); Weds Jan 20th at 730pm on TSN

GLF wrote: View Post
                    I'm just always thinking long term and the playoffs at this point. As Kyle said, making the playoffs and getting beat in the first round isn't cool anymore. Our inconsistent D and ISO plays down the stretch will not win in the playoffs. So you guys can enjoy all these regular season almost meaningless wins. Just always remember, we had a great record last season, we won our division, we won close games and got away with bad plays last season as well but we got SWEPT in the playoffs. SWEPT. If you guys aren't going to learn from that and the team isn't as well then I hope you're ready for that first round exit. I will not be blinded by Demar's stellar game tonight. There are still plenty of issues this team needs to work out before they can even dream of getting out the first round this season. And to me that's called being real not a pessimist. How you can just ignore those signs if you want to see this team advance is beyond me. Oh and don't forget, Casey will still be the coach come playoff time LOL.
                    But but... You're acting like we were playing great all year last year....

We had a good first half but the second half was telling....

It was obvious that the defense was a problem. The ISO offense was a problem too. But let's not pretend that Lowry wasn't struggling ever since the all-star break. Demar was returning from a major injury.

As Lowry goes, so goes the Raptors.

We hoped that all he needed was a little rest, but his body was the issue. Worst part is that he had to defend the fastest PG in the league.

It was the perfect storm.

The defense is much better this year. Our players have improved and we have some vets that actually play. We also have a legit backup Defensive C. A defensive backup PG. A legit 3 & D Starting SF (when healthy).

Comparing last year to this year is sorta silly..

It's the pessimistic way of looking at things.

We're a better team all around compared to last year.

Last edited by special1; Thu Jan 21, 2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Okay I will stop bringing up the playoffs after wins because I can see everyone just wants to forget it and pretend we don't have some of the same issues this season as well. Enjoy your wins now. Key word NOW. I will leave it alone from now on. But trust me come playoff time if we falter for the same reasons I have brought up you guys won't be able to shut me up LOL. I will hold of my decision until seasons end. At the end of the day they still have time to turn it around and I am a fan so I really hope they do.
                      Very gracious.

(But I don't think it's impossible to add a note of caution on a winning game thread - it just seems to get over-done at times ... by some, anyway)

Comment

I feel like if you were a Warriors fan you'd be worried about the fact Livingston is a 9% 3-point shooter and Iguodala can't shoot FTs consistently rather than enjoying the wins.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          I feel like if you were a Warriors fan you'd be worried about the fact Livingston is a 9% 3-point shooter and Iguodala can't shoot FTs consistently rather than enjoying the wins.
                          If something like that would realistically cause them to get beat in the first round then yes. But unfortunately it isn't.

Comment

It was obvious that the defense was a problem. The ISO offense was a problem too. But let's not pretend that Lowry wasn't struggling ever since the all-stat break. Demar was returning from a major injury.

As Lowry goes, so does the Raptors.

We hoped that all he needed was a little rest, but his body was the issue. Worst part is that he had to defend the fastest PG in the league.

The defense is much better this year. Our players have improved and we have some vets that actually play. We also have a legit backup Defensive C. A defensive backup PG. A legit 3 & D Starting SF (when healthy).

There are some good point there. But there is still a lot of time for Lowry to break down or get injured and the same for Demar *knock on wood*. Also there is a good chance the defense falters in the second half of the season like it did last year but we shall see. But you have made good points about the players we had from last season getting better and the ones we brought in actually contributing positively. Maybe even more than expected. Also the whole Carroll thing that I always forget because he's pretty much been injured all season. At the end of the day their is still a lot of season left so I will withhold judgment until the end of the season and we get all our guys back and healthy. You won't hear me complain after wins anymore. I'll keep it to myself. After losses is a different thing though lol.

Comment

It was obvious that the defense was a problem. The ISO offense was a problem too. But let's not pretend that Lowry wasn't struggling ever since the all-stat break. Demar was returning from a major injury.

As Lowry goes, so goes the Raptors.

That's what people don't get these are two different teams were talking about. Vets like Carroll/Scola are going to be huge in the playoffs.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                That's what people don't get these are two different teams were talking about. Vets like Carroll/Scola are going to be huge in the playoffs.
                                They better be

Comment

Working...
                                X