GAME #43 - Miami Heat 81 - Toronto Raptors 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barolt wrote: View Post
    I really believe blocks are a overrated defensive stat. They're flashy, but playing good straight up defense and getting a miss is often times a better defensive play.
    Their not overrated. Whiteside just is. Blocks add intimidation. That slight hesitation that guard has driving to the rim cause their worried the shot will be block. Is huge. Especially in the NBA where its basically impossible to keep a guard in front of you. With the rule changes over the years.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
      Yea I've seen that he jumps at EVERYTHING. I mean, don't get me wrong, he has the tools to be a defensive monster, but just seems to go for the flashier play.
      That's why Riley isn't a fan. I don't hell be in Miami after the trade deadline.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        That's why Riley isn't a fan. I don't hell be in Miami after the trade deadline.
        Tough to find a taker though since the receiving team would need to clear cap room to re-sign him in the summer anyway. Might as well just wait.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Their not overrated. Whiteside just is. Blocks add intimidation. That slight hesitation that guard has driving to the rim cause their worried the shot will be block. Is huge. Especially in the NBA where its basically impossible to keep a guard in front of you. With the rule changes over the years.
          The thing is, there's plenty of effective rim protectors who aren't shot blockers. Pattrick Patterson is a great example. Seriously, guys only shoot 46.7% versus him contesting at the rim, the same percentage guys shoot versus Marc Gasol and DeAndre Jordan.
          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Joey is our king
            OG is our king

Comment

I assume that the Heat will come out strong and try to build a big lead early because they're so depleted, but eventually their lack of depth will take its toll. Hopefully we have time for our guys at the end of the bench by the 4th quarter
              OG is our king

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                Well done Joey. It was getting late in the morning to start talking about an espn game against the Heat. I assume there's no direct way to get the espn feed in TO, right?
                Ballstreams.

Comment

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    Bosh looks like Maz Kanata
                    Definitely a strange looking fellow. We've all heard dinosaur, I like ostrich, ET...my girlfriend calls his "the avatar"
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

Eee-ess-pee-enn won't like this.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Oof..becomes a must win now. You just CAN'T let bosh and a gang of misfits come into the ACC and gain a game in the east standings

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
                          Hopefully we have time for our guys at the end of the bench by the 4th quarter
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

That's too bad. I would have liked to see DeMar go at Wade to sort of show he deserved the starting spot in the All Star game. Hopefully DD has a chip on his shoulder about that.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              That's too bad. I would have liked to see DeMar go at Wade to sort of show he deserved the starting spot in the All Star game. Hopefully DD has a chip on his shoulder about that.
                              Demar has nothing to "prove" I'm sure most people are aware that wade dominated voting on merit, and outscoring him in one game wouldn't change usa fans perspective.

I'll take advantage that helps us stop on miamis neck. We are 4.5 games up on them. 5.5 with 39 games left is a tough mountain to climb.

Comment

I'd like to see Lowry and DeRozan rest after the first quarter. This seems like an ideal situation to give the 5 prospects significant playing time in a real, meaningful NBA game.

Comment

Working...
                                X