Could Dwane Casey be the Eastern Conference All Star Coach now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    I don't know ... wanna beat the Cavs, obviously ... but I admire LeBron. So fair and square (plus non-life threatening injuries, of course )
    Changing the coaches and throwing off chemistry is not the same as praying for a lebron injury. It would still be "fair and square". That was their decision.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
      Lol Casey coaching would be awesome though.

"Alright guys here's the gameplan, get it to LeBron and stand back. If you're over 6'9, understand that your role card for this game will be 'water boy'. If your last name isn't James and you call for and/or shoot the basketball, you will hit the bench. Alright let's go get em guys, pound.... that.... rock!"
      Iso ball for you, iso ball for you, iso ball for everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Changing the coaches and throwing off chemistry is not the same as praying for a lebron injury. It would still be "fair and square". That was their decision.
        You're .... right! Okay, then.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
          This is a huge mistake for Cleveland.

I am totally behind hiring Blatt this offseason.
          I'm totally behind firing Casey now and hiring Blatt.

Comment

Curious - as much as some here would like Casey gone ... would you you feel no pride in the team's accomplishment, and Canadian pride, in a Casey-coached All Star game?

It'd be awesome - cause we'd be in first - ahead of the Cavs!!

Comment

Lebron may as well be a player-coach. Honestly. I bet that's essentially what they'll have with Lue.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                Curious - as much as some here would like Casey gone ... would you you feel no pride in the team's accomplishment, and Canadian pride, in a Casey-coached All Star game?

It'd be awesome - cause we'd be in first - ahead of the Cavs!!
                Honestly, Casey coaching the All star team? I couldn't care less. I do however will care if DD doesn't make it.

Comment

Getting non-raptor related here but Brendan Haywood just tore Blatt apart on NBA radio. Said people really just listened to Lue (not a surprise). Got to details saying that if it was a late, close game, Blatt would have not idea what to do....he didn't understand substitutions. And Haywood played for him last year.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                    Honestly, Casey coaching the All star team? I couldn't care less.

You'll care when KL and DD play 40 minutes each.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Lebron basically just brought promoted a pal. That will do everything he wants.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Imagine Casey coaching. Lowry starting, Derozan coming off the bench. And the game being IN Toronto.

I don't know how that could've turned out better for Canada basketball !

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

I hope Casey gets the job.. would be cool to see a Raptor head coach be a part of the game. I'm not a big fan of his, but he got his team to a good regular season record, and that's what the all-star game is supposed to be celebrating.

But I suspect the NBA will give the job to Lue. The Cavs are the #1 team in the East.. and that team's coach should be the one coaching the all-star team.

As for out West.. the job will probably go to Pops (and I'm sure he'll hate it). The Warriors coach was there last year and as a rule cannot be the coach in back to back years.

Comment

Strange..I thought it would be a certainty that Lue would coach since he's signed a long contract (not "interim"). Towards the end of the broadcast tonight, both espn announcers seemed unsure of what would happen.

Comment

As an addendum, it would be a classy thing for Lue or the NBA to do to let Casey coach in his hometown all star game.

Comment

And yet, isn't Dwane Casey the perfect coach for an all-small, all-ISO Lebron, Melo, Lowry, Wade, PG lineup? lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X