We're not just beating bad teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snooch wrote: View Post
    It isnt searching for negatives, its called perspective.
    You could say "x player was injured in this win" for half the wins of every team. It's a fact of the NBA. Yes, the Heat win a couple of days ago wasn't as impressive as other wins because they were all injured. Except we've proven we can beat the Heat when they're fully healthy, just like the Clippers, Mavericks and Wizards. So it's not perspective, it's negativity considering you just pointed out our wins against those teams when they had injuries and not when they were fully healthy (and ignoring our wins against fully healthy teams like the Spurs, Thunder, etc).

Comment

The Heat WERE missing half their rotation, that one is a tough one to fully credit us.

The Clippers win, for me, comes with no qualifications. They'd been rolling without Griffin, with a very efficient offense that we shut down. That was a great, high quality win.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
        P.S. I would really like to beat the Bulls. So close last time. That team just seems to be on autopilot..until it's time to win.
        We can beat them. Butler isn't going to drop 40 in a half every game.

Comment

The team has been playing great. We're now closer to 1st than 3rd in the East. If Lowry can keep it up the whole season it could turn out very well.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
            We can beat them. Butler isn't going to drop 40 in a half every game.
            Writing off Rose already?

Comment

Snooch wrote: View Post
              yeah, we beat the clips without Griffin
              beat the heat without Dragic and Whiteside
              beat washington without Beal and Anderson
              beat charlotte without Jefferson and Lin
              beat Dallas with MAthews and PArsons on a minutes restrictions
              The glass is always half empty with you eh Snooch?

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                The team has been playing great. We're now closer to 1st than 3rd in the East. If Lowry can keep it up the whole season it could turn out very well.
                With the emergence of DeMar's more efficient game, JV being used more on offense, and role players hitting shots, Lowry seems happy to pick his spots to assert himself through the game. Doesn't mean he won't get injured but he isn't killing himself to win every game for use like last season. One can only hope this translates to a fresher Lowry come playoffs.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  The glass is always half empty with you eh Snooch?
                  the glass is ALWAYS FULL.

Half Liquid, half air.

get it straight Doc!

lol

Comment

I think we're the 5th best team in the NBA after GSW, SA, OKC, and Cleveland. The East has gotten a bit better, but hasn't caught up to us (While Atlanta, Washington, and Milwaukee have fallen off), and the West has gone to shit outside of the top 3 teams. Teams I really value wins against are the aforementioned top 4, and also Chicago and Atlanta, as they are our likely playoff foils.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      Writing off Rose already?
                      There's a 95% chance that Rose announces his retirement next week. True story.

He's finished.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        With the emergence of DeMar's more efficient game, JV being used more on offense, and role players hitting shots, Lowry seems happy to pick his spots to assert himself through the game. Doesn't mean he won't get injured but he isn't killing himself to win every game for use like last season. One can only hope this translates to a fresher Lowry come playoffs.
                        Since JV's return, on Dec 28th, Lowry's usage has dropped to 24.5% from 26.9% before then. Definite improvement, though you'd like to see that drop a couple percent more.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Since JV's return, on Dec 28th, Lowry's usage has dropped to 24.5% from 26.9% before then. Definite improvement, though you'd like to see that drop a couple percent more.
                          This is why I'm not expecting burnout from Lowry at all this year (that and his much better physical fitness).

Lowry's burnout had very little to do with playing time. He actually played more minutes in 2013-14 (36.2) where he was more or less injury free than in 2014-15 (34.5), in fact even when DeMar was out his minutes were still only a respectable 35.3/36.3 in December/January respectively, so that wasn't the problem.

The problem was the workload, especially in December. Without DeMar, Lowry's usage skyrocketed to almost 30%, and while he did play amazing in December, I think the workload was too much for him as it led to a collapse the following two months where his true-shooting percentage was in the mid-40s.

Now Lowry's usage has been a bit higher with Jonas out, but now that JV is back like you said it's dropping, which is only going to make his life easier. I agree, he's probably better off in that 22-23% range we saw in 2013-14.

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                            This is why I'm not expecting burnout from Lowry at all this year (that and his much better physical fitness).

Lowry's burnout had very little to do with playing time. He actually played more minutes in 2013-14 (36.2) where he was more or less injury free than in 2014-15 (34.5), in fact even when DeMar was out his minutes were still only a respectable 35.3/36.3 in December/January respectively, so that wasn't the problem.

The problem was the workload, especially in December. Without DeMar, Lowry's usage skyrocketed to almost 30%, and while he did play amazing in December, I think the workload was too much for him as it led to a collapse the following two months where his true-shooting percentage was in the mid-40s.

Now Lowry's usage has been a bit higher with Jonas out, but now that JV is back like you said it's dropping, which is only going to make his life easier. I agree, he's probably better off in that 22-23% range we saw in 2013-14.
                            It's funny you bring this up, because I was looking up some stats with regards to the argument that Ross didn't step up when DeMar went down last year.

What I really found is the reason that Ross/JV didn't step up when DeMar went down is because DeMar's usage didn't go to them, it went directly to 3 players: Lou, GV, and Lowry.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

JWash wrote: View Post
                              The Raptors have the 3rd best record in the NBA right now against winning teams at 13-7. Only better teams are the obbevious two, Golden State and San Antonio. Next best after us is Chi-town at 13-10.

Last year we were not good against good teams at 15-21 in these same type of games.
                              and of those 13 wins...

about half... 6 to be exact were on the road...with 2 coming on the second night of a back to back with the home team having a days rest... A fully rostered Miami and those stiffs down Route 66 in OKC.

I like the kind of unspectacular consistency this edition of the Raps seems to have. Last nights game vs the Rivers led Clips is a case in point. Clips got off to a quick start but by the half we were up by double digits and the Clips never mounted a real challenge after that.

In the many seasons where they sucked out loud there were games where they got off to a great starts against a good team and took leads into the 4th but they inevitably folded down the stretch. By and large this year they don't fold. There are exceptions of course. The Chicago game where Jimmy Butler reeled them back in all by his lonesome and the Utah + Sacto games that saw them just came up dry in the late going. However those seem to be the exceptions this year not the norm.

This years team isn't the pillsbury doughboys of years gone past. They are far more physical and don't back up an inch. A good team trying to take the next step and showing it by winning games against other good teams on the road.

Edit.. and Snooch.. like having Alan Anderson ready to go makes the Whiz into the 72 win Bulls. C'mon man.
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon Jan 25, 2016, 04:22 PM.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                                and of those 13 wins...

about half... 6 to be exact were on the road...with 2 coming on the second night of a back to back with the home team having a days rest... A fully rostered Miami and those stiffs down Route 66 in OKC.

I like the kind of unspectacular consistency this edition of the Raps seems to have. Last nights game vs the Rivers led Clips is a case in point. Clips got off to a quick start but by the half we were up by double digits and the Clips never mounted a real challenge after that.

In the many seasons where they sucked out loud there were games where they got off to a great starts against a good team and took leads into the 4th but they inevitably folded down the stretch. By and large this year they don't fold. There are exceptions of course. The Chicago game where Jimmy Butler reeled them back in all by his lonesome and the Utah + Sacto games that saw them just came up dry in the late going. However those seem to be the exceptions this year not the norm.

This years team isn't the pillsbury doughboys of years gone past. They are far more physical and don't back up an inch. A good team trying to take the next step and showing it by winning games against other good teams on the road.

Edit.. and Snooch.. like having Alan Anderson ready to go makes the Whiz into the 72 win Bulls. C'mon man.
                                Re anderson.

Anderson plays demar very well defensively. Using his name in no way shape or form should have ever been interpreted to mean that i was in any way implying that he improves washington that much overall.

But he helps then against us.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X