Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors 905 vs Erie Bayhwaks: January 27th at 11am (Nogueira and Powell on assignment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    Field trip! They do these all the time for baseball games... lots of summer camps and whatnot. It's a good way to ensure you get a good crowd for some of your home games.
    I like it. The kids are going nuts, and will grow up and spend a bunch of money on Raptors tickets, and a select few will become NBA players who want to play for the Raps.

Comment

Man, you really have to be a fan of basketball to watch that stuff. Kudos to you guys. My eyes started bleeding after about 5 minutes. I think that Payne guy took every shot for Erie in the entire time I watched.

Must be really tough for guys like Powell and Wright and Bebe to go down there and have to play then come back and get ready for NBA ball. Hope it pays dividends at some point.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
        Man, you really have to be a fan of basketball to watch that stuff. Kudos to you guys. My eyes started bleeding after about 5 minutes. I think that Payne guy took every shot for Erie in the entire time I watched.

Must be really tough for guys like Powell and Wright and Bebe to go down there and have to play then come back and get ready for NBA ball. Hope it pays dividends at some point.
        I'm only paying attention when Bebe is in the game. Plus it's 11am on a Wednesday, nothing else is on.

Comment

it can get brutal sometimes.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Lucas flying around. Good to see

Comment

Norman got injured

Comment

Raptor stat lines:

Bebe
                27 min, 9 pts, 4-5 FG, 1-2 FT, 4 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, 5 blk

Powell
                34 min, 5 pts, 2-4 FG, 1-1 3pt, 8 reb, 6ast, 2 stl

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                  Norman got injured
                  what happened?
                  You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

where can I find the boxscores for dleague games?
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                      what happened?
                      Knee contusion

Comment

Lol, I took my kid to a game earlier this year, and came away with the same conclusions. It's such a terrible brand of basketball, that you'd have to be a die hard to enjoy it. I basically watched Bruno go 1-on-5 every trip down the floor.

But, it's only 20 mins from my house, free parking, and the small-town team atmosphere is somewhat endearing. Gotta think of it as a scouting mission. Nothing more, nothing less

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                          where can I find the boxscores for dleague games?
                          http://dleague.nba.com/games/20160127/ERIRAP/

Comment

Actually went to the game today. Vast quantities of school buses and kids.

Most interesting to me was Powell running the point for long stretches. Very much pass first, very little attacking the basket play I was expecting to see. Smart move on the part of management and a perfect use of DLeague.

Bebe showed some nice finishing skills around the basket, some rim protection and some passing skill.

Sim is huge and pretty clumsy still, but altered a ton of shots while he was on the court.

A lot of turnovers with passes trying to be threaded by both teams, and expectedly, players trying to drive through traffic..

The quality of play was nowhere near what we are used to seeing, although not much worse than some games between bottom dwelling NBA teams

I will be going again fairly soon, just not when there are so many children there.

Sucked the store was closed today, will have to get some 905 swag next time.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

was bruno not playing?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                was bruno not playing?
                                No he wasn't

Comment

Working...
                                X