GAME #47 - Detroit Pistons 107 - Toronto Raptors 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Your eyes were playing tricks on you because they gave up lots of bad buckets off of poor shots or turnovers when Lowry was controlling the offence. However when Joseph was in control, our team played great. Basically, Lowry played like complete trash. It's hard to envision him playing worse than he did last night given the way he's been playing this season. It was like, playoff Lowry last year bad.
    Could be that Casey playing him as many minutes as humanly possible in every game regardless of opponent, score or game situation is catching up with us?
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Could be that Casey playing him as many minutes as humanly possible in every game regardless of opponent, score or game situation is catching up with us?
      I don't know. Wouldn't read into it that much for last night. Honestly Lowry didn't even look particularly fatigued. Just played stupid as fuck.

If I had to guess it was more a random thing...maybe got a little overexcited getting his all-star jersey for a 2nd year in a row? That's what it looked like to me. He was trying to make plays he can't make. Maybe got too cocky and lost his head for a night. So many bad decisions (his low turnover number is deceptive).

*Seriously. Our 4th Q momentum evaporated almost instantly when Lowry resumed PG duties over Joseph (who basically led the team on the run to go up 20ish). If Lowry plays even an average game we might win this one by 30 the way Jonas/BB neutralized Drummond.
      Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun Jan 31, 2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

I don't know. Wouldn't read into it that much for last night. Honestly Lowry didn't even look particularly fatigued. Just played stupid as fuck.

If I had to guess it was more a random thing...maybe got a little overexcited getting his all-star jersey for a 2nd year in a row? That's what it looked like to me. He was trying to make plays he can't make. Maybe got too cocky and lost his head for a night. So many bad decisions (his low turnover number is deceptive).
        It's hard to argue that last night was one of those games where Lowry and DeMar needed to be held accountable for some awful decision making.

Of course, instead if you read any Toronto media right now it's talking about how Ross and Patterson had bad games, and DeMar was amazing and scored 29 points, with a gif of the dunk(which was nice). Ross literally had 11 touches last night, how the hell was he supposed to score?

Comment

It's hard to argue that last night was one of those games where Lowry and DeMar needed to be held accountable for some awful decision making.

Of course, instead if you read any Toronto media right now it's talking about how Ross and Patterson had bad games, and DeMar was amazing and scored 29 points, with a gif of the dunk(which was nice). Ross literally had 11 touches last night, how the hell was he supposed to score?
          Just a quick question, I did not watch the game so I am really just asking not arguing. Would you say that the offense/offensive decision making was the bigger problem in this win? We scored 111 points with no less than 26 points in any quarter.

Like wasn't the bigger problem the defense?

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
            Just a quick question, I did not watch the game so I am really just asking not arguing. Would you say that the offense/offensive decision making was the bigger problem in this win? We scored 111 points with no less than 26 points in any quarter.

Like wasn't the bigger problem the defense?
            We scored a lot of points, but that doesn't mean it was 'good offense'. I'd more phrase it that the Pistons played awful defense as well.

When you do something wrong and it works, you still did something wrong. Yeah, the defense was problematic, but why?

We held them to 36 points in the paint, 32.1% from three and 44.8% from the field. Those are decent numbers against a talented offense.

The problem is, their bench killed our starters in the 4th. When we put our starters back in, for a long time they were running a group of Tolliver, Jennings, Johnson, Hillard and Baynes. That group was beating our starting lineup.

Comment

Well, yeah....especially in the 4th when we pulled away with Cojo running things, and then instantly started sucking when the ball went back into Lowry's hands....felt like that was a sign to take Lowry out, let Cojo run things til we get to garbage time.

In the end the biggest positive I take away from this game is that we the rest of our team didn't just replicate Lowry's stupidity. Last year it would've just become a chuckfest with GV and Lou joining Lowry and DeMar. We wouldn't have D'd up as well, and wouldn't have played as under control when the bench was on (ie Cojo played with great pace and organized the offence, whereas GV/Lou would just take garbage shots and there'd be no structure).

Comment

• Here's what bothers me...

Casey's post game: "It was positive, that was positive the whole thing. Treating our fans to quality basketball."

Kerr's post game: Steve Kerr not happy. Says his team deserved to lose, and should have.

https://twitter.com/timbontemps/stat...92781042892802

Casey's too happy with winning like this, and didn't call out Lowry or DeMar for bad decision making. Just said 'I think the team knows they can't have those turnovers now.'

Casey called out Cory Joseph of all people in the post-game interview.

Comment

Here's what bothers me...

Casey's post game: "It was positive, that was positive the whole thing. Treating our fans to quality basketball."

Kerr's post game: Steve Kerr not happy. Says his team deserved to lose, and should have.

https://twitter.com/timbontemps/stat...92781042892802

Casey's too happy with winning like this, and didn't call out Lowry or DeMar for bad decision making. Just said 'I think the team knows they can't have those turnovers now.'

Casey called out Cory Joseph of all people in the post-game interview.
                  Wow he did? I'm not sure we win last night without Cojo. He was the only guard playing with good pace and command of the game. He played well on both ends, and didn't freeze out his teammates like Lowry did. That's ridiculous....

Comment

Wow he did? I'm not sure we win last night without Cojo. He was the only guard playing with good pace and command of the game. He played well on both ends, and didn't freeze out his teammates like Lowry did. That's ridiculous....
                    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video

He said Cory's got to 'continue to be aggressive and not look for other people unless he has to'. People still want to contend that it's not Casey's fault we don't pass?

Comment

He said Cory's got to 'continue to be aggressive and not look for other people unless he has to'. People still want to contend that it's not Casey's fault we don't pass?
                      Good god man. That's not calling someone out.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                        It's the only negative he mentioned for any specific player. Which isn't even a negative in my opinion, point guards SHOULD look for other guys, and not as a last resort.

Comment

It's the only negative he mentioned for any specific player. Which isn't even a negative in my opinion, point guards SHOULD look for other guys, and not as a last resort.
                          He said Joseph should "continue to be aggressive". That's more of a vote of confidence for Joseph than it is a negative opinion on him - and it's certainly not calling him out or whatever. Get real.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                            I agree that's not calling him out, but god the bold is a depressing thing to hear any coach say about their PG.

#CaseyGonnaCase

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                              You should listen to the interview. He says he had a very good game early on, but became tentative at the end of the 4th Q, kind of hints that it was a big part of the collapse.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                You should listen to the interview. He says he had a very good game early on, but became tentative at the end of the 4th Q, kind of hints that it was a big part of the collapse.
                                I did listen to it. He doesn't call out Joseph whatsoever unless you're reaching way, way too hard to come to that conclusion. Kind of hints at something, doesn't not equal calling someone out.

Comment

Working...
                                X