Who is BEST/WORST referees in NBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is BEST/WORST referees in NBA?

Nevertheless, according to our survey, here are the three best NBA referees:

1. Danny Crawford, who got 30 votes.

2. Joey Crawford (no relation), with 25 votes.

3. Monty McCutchen, with 13 votes.
    And now the three worst officials in the league, according to players and coaches we surveyed:

1. Scott Foster, with 24 votes.

2. Lauren Holtkamp, with 14 votes.

3. Marc Davis, with 12 votes.
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la...131-story.html

Some interesting comments in the link.

Cool to get a player/coach perspective on the refs.

But overall, with most things that go as unnamed or 'sourced', it is not worth much when people don't attach their name to their comment (unfortunately, I do understand they would be fined and or suspended).

Bottom line, interesting read.

I was just thinking how terrible Lauren Holtkamp was, so this is perfect reinforcement. Haha

Comment

My least favourite is Tony Brothers.. can't stand him.

Comment

I don't like Ken Mauer ... his reffing is pretty terrible, but I mostly don't like his slicked back hair...

Comment

Not a fan of Zarba either

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            I don't like Ken Mauer ... his reffing is pretty terrible, but I mostly don't like his slicked back hair...
            I actually don't mind Mauer. His crews generally have a fair whistle and they keep the game moving.

In terms of names I hate hearing at the start of Raps games, I'd go with (in no particular order): Ed Malloy, Marc Davis, and Scott Foster. I've seen enough of those guys over the years that I just cringe when they're on the floor.

I haven't seen Holtkamp work enough to judge. I did notice Derozan had an issue with her last game. He complains once in awhile but I haven't seen him that animated with a referee in a long time. Must be some history.

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
              Not a fan of Zarba either
              Oh, fuck me. Every game that guy leads is 4 hours long with 300 fouls. Forgot about him.

But if you're a fan of watching guys shoot free throws all game then he's the man.

Comment

No one likes Foster.

Lol

Finally something we can all agree on.

Comment

This review should be like Survivor where who ever is in last is just Fired. Haha

Comment

Or wait ... Can "just fire" union guys? haha

Comment

Ed Malloy would be my least favourite. Marc Davis is a close second though.

Comment

im glad someone else noticed eddie malloy i cringe everytime i see that bastard, even if he isnt reffing raptors games

Comment

Working...
                        X