Game #49: Toronto Raptors 104 - Phoenix Suns 97

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    couple mistakes for powell tonight and he sure has trouble finishing non dunks. problem with him starting is the spacing and then if he plays with the bench and the bench is cory sans ross the spacing is a bigger problem because of biyombo.

can't try bennett there because he doesn't play hard. i think you stick with powell but maybe switch to playing through jv, which won't happen.
    The real problem is we have no shooters off the bench. Every time someone brings up trading Ross they say 'we can just go sign another 3pt shooter'. If it was that easy, why are Ross and Carroll the only wings in our entire system who can do that in the NBA?(Bruno doesn't count yet)
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Can't wait for Carroll[Healthy ver.] to be back.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Just stop starting Scola. The man cannot show up every night. He shows up once in awhile. Start Patterson! Start Patterson! Start Patterson!
        Patterson doesn't show up either.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          But he's been better for like the last 15 games. Start him a few times and if he plays like before than we go the trade route

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Just FYI, the Blazers have Gerald Henderson.
            Omg I forgot about that and I forgot about Demar always sagging off shooters. Yup loss. No question. I will eat my words if I ens up being wrong. I know I said I would stop calling loses early but this team is pretty much built to beat Raptors. They have that role player that always goes off against us and they have amazing 3 point shooters and we are horrible at guarding the 3. Oh and supposedly they have a big man that can hit perimeter shots. JV just cant guard those guys. We shall see but I truly don't see a win here. Especially with how our D has fallen off the past 2-3 games.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Can't wait for Carroll[Healthy ver.] to be back.
              Same.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                If DeMar sags off McCollum like he's done every 3pt shooter he's guarded in the last month, McCollum will KILL us.
                You know DD was guarding PJ Tucker most of the night. He went 1/4. Powell/Cojo/Ross were the main players guarding Booker.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

In January
                  Scola: 41% from the field, 40% from deep
                  Patterson: 48% from the field, 44% from deep

Who should be starting games based on their recent play

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                    This is true. Lillard and Mccollum just scare me man. They are playing crazy good. But their team isnt good so something must be up
                    C'mon man.. They are 23-26...

There's respecting your opponent ... then there this bit of being afraid of your own shadow...

Our guards are every bit as good as Lilliard and McCollum .. probably better...and our bigs are going to be able to handle the not so fearsome front court of Miles Plumlee and Myers Leonard...along with Boss Davis and Noah Vonleh..

Its always tougher to win on the road... but its not like we are going into the Oracle Centre
                    Short flight to Portland... gain an hour .... day off tomorrow... we should be good to go...
                    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                    - TGO

Comment

• are people forgetting that we DID start ross and was shit? and we also started patterson and he was shit? thats pretty much the only reason scola is starting now. its pattersons fault. maybe he'll earn it back, but then what happens to our bench that everyones in love with? ross being your only floor spacer? yeah good luck with that.

hopefully when carroll comes back, there can be better balance between the starting unit and the bench. but until now, the team has to make due with what they got.

Comment

You know DD was guarding PJ Tucker most of the night. He went 1/4. Powell/Cojo/Ross were the main players guarding Booker.
                        LOL Don't try to say DD is a good defender, just don't.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                          In January
                          Scola: 41% from the field, 40% from deep
                          Patterson: 48% from the field, 44% from deep

Who should be starting games based on their recent play
                          once again, more meaningless stats with no context = meaningless argument.

Comment

• Looking at Patterson splits it looks like he performs a lot worse when he starts. His percentage drops and his +/- drops. I just looked at previous two years and it's relatively small sample.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              Casey and the front office have been emphatic about establishing and maintaining consistent roles this year. I think Powell stays in there to keep Ross in his role off the bench. I thought Powell was fine. He will be okay for what they need him to do.
                              Yeah, I would stick with the starting lineup unless we make a trade. In till we get our starting 3 back. Its going to be hard to evaluate the starting line up.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                                are people forgetting that we DID start ross and was shit? and we also started patterson and he was shit? thats pretty much the only reason scola is starting now. its pattersons fault. maybe he'll earn it back, but then what happens to our bench that everyones in love with? ross being your only floor spacer? yeah good luck with that.

hopefully when carroll comes back, there can be better balance between the starting unit and the bench. but until now, the team has to make due with what they got.
                                Uhh... what? We went 5-2 with Ross as a starter, he had 59.7% true shooting, and the ONLY starting lineup we've had all season with a positive net rating is the lineup with Ross and Bismack.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X