Game #50: Toronto Raptors 110 - Portland Trail Blazers 103

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barolt wrote: View Post
    In the last 15 games, our defense is 19 points per 100 possessions better when Scola is sitting on the bench.
    Well I did say he is bad defensively, mainly because he is slow and is always guarding a stretch big. But you guys are being really extra and exaggerating how bad he is overall. When Patterson and ross couldnt hit a shot for their life thank God we had Scola changing his game to suit JV. All im saying is the man is 35 and hella unathletic and our team is still winning and the starting lineup isnt great but it isnt horrible. Everyone needs to chill.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I, for one, would not be unhappy if Rex Kalamian was our head coach next season.
      he would be hated

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        Well I did say he is bad defensively, mainly because he is slow and is always guarding a stretch big. But you guys are being really extra and exaggerating how bad he is overall. When Patterson and ross couldnt hit a shot for their life thank God we had Scola changing his game to suit JV. All im saying is the man is 35 and hella unathletic and our team is still winning and the starting lineup isnt great but it isnt horrible. Everyone needs to chill.
        I just posted a stat, didn't offer any analysis. Numbers don't exaggerate man.
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Ross is some much better as a 6 man type. Coming off the bench takes pressure off him. Seems like he plays more relaxed. Casey has him in the perfect role for him.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Scola started off decent. He has been terrible over the last 20-30 games. No idea why we are wasting minutes / touches on a 50 year old guy. We should be playing Pat 35 mins and giving Scola the rest.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              Look, sure, if you set your expectations at 35 year old man who is not athletic, then yeah, he's been doing fine.

If you set your expectations at contender for ECF starting PF, he's been awful, in terms of fit offensively and in terms of defence in general.

Personally, my expectations ar the latter, not the former. I wanted him coming off the bench ever since he signed because that was the only thing that remotely made sense, and a half a season of nonsense is causing me to hate seeing him out there.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• In other news, Kief totally shit the bed tonight. If we evaluated him off this one-game sample instead of the one-game sample against us, everyone would be saying don't trade for him and keep Pat.

Comment

When you watch the difference between DeMar driving to the hoop with Powell/JJ/Scola on the floor versus with Ross/Patterson on the floor, it makes NO SENSE not to start Ross/Patterson. It makes DeMar's game SO MUCH easier.
                  That was an argument from another thread.

The difference is really big.

That's why I feel like there's a trade in the works. Trying to keep roles the same until that guy comes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Ross is some much better as a 6 man type. Coming off the bench takes pressure off him. Seems like he plays more relaxed. Casey has him in the perfect role for him.
                    Plus with Carroll eventually starting Ross has no place in the starting lineup. C'est la vie.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scola heard you guys lol

Comment

• Nice pass Scola!
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Game #50: Toronto Raptors @ Portland Trail Blazers - Feb. 4/16 10:00 PM EST o...

Wow Demar

ISO all day if you can do that

And 1

Comment

• DeMar wasn't even trying to score on that shot, just threw the ball straight up thinking he'd get the foul call.

Comment

• Dd handle is so much better
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• That was a smart play by Scola hitting Lowry for the fast break.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X