Game #51: Toronto Raptors @ Detroit Pistons - Feb. 8/16 7:30 PM EST on SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Whenever JV sees Drummond he out plays him ever time.
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
        If going 7/8 doesn't get you more touches and/or minutes; nothing will. Plus, from what I'm reading, it sounds like Biyombo was a negative on the defensive end this game. Honestly, I'm at that "accepting" stage. Tis a depressing stage.
        Some people overrate Biyombo's defense. He really isn't that great, but he can be solid. Him and JV really aren't far apart on that end. Biyombo is just more athletic.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
          To be fair, that bench linup + Lowry was killing it !!

Even Derozan only got like 10 mins in the second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          DeRozan wasn't having a great night though. JV was.

And more importantly, it's the fact that he rolled Biyombo there for 12+ minutes straight. That kind of thing bothers me no matter who's involved. Very few situations where that's ok, and I feel like usually you're looking at one of your better players having to play a whole quarter in a tight, important (playoff?) game. Running a role player, more specifically an energy big, for 12 minutes straight (even with the between quarter break and stoppages that's pretty crazy), and on a night where he's not playing that well?..I can't really understand why anyone would do that. I think it's fair to question that, even if we won.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            The Next Chris Bosh lol.

Comment

• Comment

• I love how confident Ross is now. We're going to need him (and 2Pat) to show up in the playoffs.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  Some people overrate Biyombo's defense. He really isn't that great, but he can be solid. Him and JV really aren't far apart on that end. Biyombo is just more athletic.
                  JV was better on D this game than Biyombo.

BB8 had no idea where to be on the pick and roll and didn't rebound well or really do anything to alter shots at the rim.

Valanciunas was more effective denying the lob while giving some presence on the guard's shot attempts.

Comment

• JV clinging on for dear life after that drummond cross court 3.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      JV clinging on for dear life after that drummond cross court 3.

scola and lowry with the 1000 yard stare lmao

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        The best part about this is that Demar doesn't even blink.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                          JV was better on D this game than Biyombo.

BB8 had no idea where to be on the pick and roll and didn't rebound well or really do anything to alter shots at the rim.

Valanciunas was more effective denying the lob while giving some presence on the guard's shot attempts.
                          It's the kind of matchups Biyombo can struggle with, because Drummond and Baynes are both bruisers, and Biyombo is really not that big.

And his help D is primarily good on weak side help against penetrators. Like most Cs, he can struggle badly in the p'n'r at times.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            DeRozan wasn't having a great night though. JV was.

And more importantly, it's the fact that he rolled Biyombo there for 12+ minutes straight. That kind of thing bothers me no matter who's involved. Very few situations where that's ok, and I feel like usually you're looking at one of your better players having to play a whole quarter in a tight, important (playoff?) game. Running a role player, more specifically an energy big, for 12 minutes straight (even with the between quarter break and stoppages that's pretty crazy), and on a night where he's not playing that well?..I can't really understand why anyone would do that. I think it's fair to question that, even if we won.
                            I agree.

But that Lowry + bench linup is just so surprisingly good. It's going to be key come playoffs when the starters are going to inevitably shit the bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Solid game though. Lots of guys came to play, and you kind of knew as long as we didn't play too sloppy we'd come out with the win. No real complaints.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                                Around the basket, JV is better than BB. BB is better overall, because he has the ability to defend competently further out to the perimeter, something JV really struggles with.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X