Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bargnani: "I am ready to be the franchise player."

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    The ironic thing is that if Bosh leaves, Bargs will likely have a better statistical season than Bosh.

Bosh will come in at around 49% FG, 80% FT 21-10, 1 block and not much else and Bargs unless he somehow regresses which shouldn't be ruled out should come in at 47% FG, 79%FT 1.5 3pt, 19 ppg, 8 rbn, 1.5 blk.

By no means am I saying Bargs is better than Bosh or a better building block, but they are both offensive players first and foremost and while Bosh is adequate defensively and Bargs is....I don't think the defensive difference between the two covers the 10 million salary differential.
    Not sure how that Bargnani stat line is better the one you mention for Bosh. Is it because he hits 1.5 3's?? If so I'd still take Bosh's line anyday over Bargnani. I agree the salary differential is way too lopsided though. But if he's gonna get a max deal somewhere else anyways, I think you've gotta try and keep him. I don't trust Bargnani to be the leader/so-called franchise player of this team until he starts to play more consistently and shows a lot more heart. It may not be in his personality to be that way but if he wants to be the franchise, I'm sure most would agree he needs to show more.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs as franchise = stop watching raptors.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

we can only imagine when Bargnani becomes the Dirk 2.0........

I will laugh at raps fans when Bargnani becomes a "real" franchise player and the fans will dream/imagine the possibilities if Chris Bosh didn't leave..."we could of be a contender" ... similar statement/dream if Tracy and VC would of stay in toronto...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was being conservative with Bargs projections, maybe thier not better but again the difference is essentially negligible.

Those should be his numbers even if Bosh stays, maybe not 8 boards a game, but if he improves his 3pt % back up to his 08/09 numbers, takes less of them and does most of his work posting up or facing up in the paint he should raise his FG% up 50.

Realistically Bargs offensive numbers aren't the dilemma, its his heart and desire on the boards and playing defense.

People keep wanting to throw in the towel with the Bosh/Bargs combo. They aren't the problem, the problem is and has always been the guard and wing play. If Derozan can graduate from being a liability on D to serviceable, a Jack, Derozan, Weems, Bosh, Bargs line up would be retain most of the offensive punch while graduating to a middle of the pack defensive unit. Last year they were one of the most efficient defensive lines up at 1.03 ppp and scoring 1.14. There is no reason to believe that with another year under thier belt, those numbers shouldn't readily improve.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow...that's downright laughable. Bargs the franchise player?! He had his chance when Bosh went down this season and what happened...he lived up to his nickname "Il Mago" and disappeared! He doesn't have the attitude and leadership skills to be the franchise player of this team. Do you really want a guy who has a permanent look of confusion/disinterest as the face of our team?!

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's like a venus fly trap, I feel sorry for the first NBA player to accidentally get his finger caught in Andrea's mouth! Didn't wanna go there but .40 Cal made me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymnLp...eature=related
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

^I did no such thing. LOL

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not, if CB4 decides to leave, we may have no choice but make Andrea the franchise player, depending on how CB4 leaves (with or without S&T). Or you would rather have Hedo? Or Jose?

If there is no S&T, Raptors won't have enough money to get a franchise player as free agent and no enough assets to trade for one. Sometimes is better the devil that you know that the devil that you don't know (i.e. avoid that kind of deal that Phily gave to Elton Brad or Chicago to Ben Wallace or Raptors to Hedo).

As bad as people think Andrea defense is, we have some statistics that actually are quite interesting (remember, there are 30 teams in NBA):

Blocks per game: 14th
    Rebounds per game: 45th (16th for Centers only)
    Defensive Rebounds per game: 36th

In the same time, on offensive:

Scoring: 36th ( 5th for Centers only)

All he has to do is to develop his game to not depend on CB4 getting most the attention, improve his post up skills. Maybe with increase responsibilities, he will step up big way and play more consistent not only from game to game, but thru the game, quarter 1 to 4.
    It is good to see him accepting bigger responsibilities and I expect him to work hard over the summer to develop what it takes to carry on these responsibilities. If he won't play for Italy and attend a training camp for bigs, we never know how is going to play out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    As bad as people think Andrea defense is, we have some statistics that actually are quite interesting (remember, there are 30 teams in NBA):

Blocks per game: 14th
    Rebounds per game: 45th (16th for Centers only)
    Defensive Rebounds per game: 36th

In the same time, on offensive:

Scoring: 36th ( 5th for Centers only)
    Thanks for taking the time to gather the stats.

Been saying all year that Bargnani's rebounding this year isn't horrible. He gets his defensive board, he just doesn't get the opportunities on offense because he's parked on the perimeter.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesus H Christ!!! Im gone for a week, Bargs wants to be a Franchise player and Raps partied all year . Will the gongshow ever end ?
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Post Thanks / Like

No and now some around here are showing signs Raptors Withdrawal Syndrome.

Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that was impressed by Barg's movement and aggressiveness early in the season? I was confused at how it fizzled out, but this might explain a lot of that. I never heard anything about it 'til now.

We had too many ups and downs, especially after the All-Star break" said 'Il Mago' who spoke also about the situation of his ankle.

"There is a bone spur which makes me problems. We are considering the possibility of surgery but I hope to avoid it" added Bargnani.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote big red wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one that was impressed by Barg's movement and aggressiveness early in the season? I was confused at how it fizzled out, but this might explain a lot of that. I never heard anything about it 'til now.
    No, you are not the only one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote big red wrote: View Post
    That's a painful injury to play through. No doubt could hurt mobility on both sides of the court. He should get the surgery if its the best long term option.

Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he can get that resolved, I'll feel a lot more comfortable about next season's possibilities. I still won't expect much, but I definitely found aggressive Bargnani to be an entertaining show.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

A dream takes one person, reality however takes two (at least). I don't think we are ready for you Andrea.

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani has the offensive game and the physical tools to be a franchise player. He just needs someone to convince him to go out and play like he is the best player on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    That's a painful injury to play through. No doubt could hurt mobility on both sides of the court. He should get the surgery if its the best long term option.
    too much surgery leads to scar tissue buiid up and you get problems that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information