FAN590 & Raptors Parting Ways?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAN590 & Raptors Parting Ways?

Just read this via the RealGM a few minutes ago where a couple posters there have heard rumblings that the FAN590 aren't going to extend their contract with the Raptors moving forward.

...although there isn't a formal announcement as of yet, it seems that the Fan 590 in Toronto will not be extending the radio contract that ended after the season ended. That sucks as I liked Paul Jones and Eric Smith doing the games and the post game shows.
    They were talking about this yesterday, with Eric Smith and Jack Armstrong.

Basically big media corporations and the printing press only take notice to hockey, because marketers give them a privilege. Eric alluded to the fact that chat forums (like realgm) are here for people that want their basketball news, along with streaming sites like justin tv and such. Which is true, I mean we don't put pressure on our local media to bring more basketball coverage. Instead we usually come to realgm, or have a viable alternative option in streams.

It's still stupid that this town is considered so hockey crazy. The leafs have been crap for years, and new demographic shows that there won't be much interest in them. At least give us some coverage of ball.
    Source - Click here

Someone will come in and take that contract though. There is money to be made. I think in this new age the Raptors should offer a streaming radio product. Maybe that's the answer? They can reach more people that way for certain.

Comment

For some reason I could see the Score picking up that contract. Would be a good move for them considering they are the only ones here in Canada that spend time promoting basketball as oppose to most media stations who only care about hockey.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
        For some reason I could see the Score picking up that contract. Would be a good move for them considering they are the only ones here in Canada that spend time promoting basketball as oppose to most media stations who only care about hockey.
        i know. sportsnet is a piece of crap and tsn i like some of their shows like pti, otr, and a few others. but, holy crap every freakin minute let's go to the panel "blah, blah blah... the leafs season".

what do you think of that Bob?

"well, a..." YIPI FREAKIN KAIYA I DON"T WANT TO HEAR YOU BREAK DOWN WHY THE LEAFS SUCK ON THEIR DAMN JOCK STRAPS ALL DAY!

because we all freakin know what the damn problem is it's MLSE, will some damn billionare buy the raptors and let colangelo spend some money already.

and we wonder why he fails at these trades.

i think we need an official venting thread... please.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

as for your comment i agree that people at the score are probably the only one's not brainwashed by mlse.

i could definitely see them picking it up, they'd prolly put it on hsr or thescore.com.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
          X