Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would The Raptors Be Better If Bargnani Came In Off The Bench?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptors biggest problem wasn't Andrea or CB4, but the wing players+PG.
    Raptors got from Andrea and CB4 about 41.2 PPG / 17 RPG / 2.4 BPG.
    Only if Raptors would have some more production from Hedo and other wings + some solid PG defense.

Comment

I agree that Hedo was the biggest problem in the starting five in terms of what was expected and what actually was provided.

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
        Raptors biggest problem wasn't Andrea or CB4, but the wing players+PG.
        Raptors got from Andrea and CB4 about 41.2 PPG / 17 RPG / 2.4 BPG.
        Only if Raptors would have some more production from Hedo and other wings + some solid PG defense.
        Actually, the combination of the atrocious team defense Bargnani played, including keeping his man off the boards AND the lack of consistent production from the wings was the biggest problem. When your center doesn't understand basic defensive rotations, that's going to absolutely kill your defense.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Bargnani it going to hit 20PPG next season. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Comment

That doesn’t necessarily mean trading for a starting power forward or a big – I think they wouldn’t have an issue starting Bargnani next to Amir Johnson next year and I believe they are confident they can get Amir back – but the last thing the GM should do is wait around on Bosh before doing anything
            http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...on-coming.html

Now if according to Smith the Raptors would be comfortable starting Johnson along with Bargnani, I would think all the more so that they would be comfortable starting Johnson along with Bosh.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
              Actually, the combination of the atrocious team defense Bargnani played, including keeping his man off the boards AND the lack of consistent production from the wings was the biggest problem. When your center doesn't understand basic defensive rotations, that's going to absolutely kill your defense.
              Tim, while I do agree that Bargnani needs to improve the team defense, I wouldn't call it "atrocious". What do you expect when the defense at 1,2,3 are revolving doors and CB4 is not exactly the best defender in league ( CB4 trying to avoid foul trouble)?
              Even though Bargnani doesn't have big numbers for defense, last season Raptors had quite few winnings when Bargnani was the one with huge defensive plays in crunch time: block or/and rebound, and something that doesn't show on statistics, altering the jumpers. Bargnani biggest issue is inconsistency, not lack of skills.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Bargnani it going to hit 20PPG next season. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
                I think that is probably a reasonable prediction especially given that there is a good chance that CB4 will be gone.

The question then is how many points will the Raptors defense give up because Baranani fails to make the proper play on the defensive end?
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't think he's going to give up 20PPG on a nightly basis. There aren't enough big time scorers at the 5 for that.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I don't think he's going to give up 20PPG on a nightly basis. There aren't enough big time scorers at the 5 for that.
                    +1

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                      Tim, while I do agree that Bargnani needs to improve the team defense, I wouldn't call it "atrocious". What do you expect when the defense at 1,2,3 are revolving doors and CB4 is not exactly the best defender in league ( CB4 trying to avoid foul trouble)?
                      Even though Bargnani doesn't have big numbers for defense, last season Raptors had quite few winnings when Bargnani was the one with huge defensive plays in crunch time: block or/and rebound, and something that doesn't show on statistics, altering the jumpers. Bargnani biggest issue is inconsistency, not lack of skills.
                      Oh, I'd definitely call Bargnani's team defense atrocious. And I'm not even looking at statistics (which also back me up). Watch Bargnani on defense. He is clueless. He has no idea when to rotate, he turns his back on the ball and allows his man to grab far too many rebounds. The thing that bugs me is that once in a while he'll get a big block, or something, and his backers will point to it as proof he's a good defender. He's not. What they don't seem to notice is the far more numerous times he doesn't rotate when he's supposed to and allows an opponent to get to the basket.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X