Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Hedo for AK-47? Pure Salary Dump Idea

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Hedo for AK-47? Pure Salary Dump Idea

    How about it? AK-47 has one more year left on his salary and then he probably bolts to europe leaving the Jazz with no one in the middle. For them winning is now and they can get much more out of Hedo then AK-47.

    Thus if you throw in Hedo and Reggie Evans Salaries then it works out and we have 1 year of AK-47 and after that we have more money to spend.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Utah values it's upcoming cap flexibility highly. I don't see them giving it away for Hedo.

    Besides, Turkoglu is a terrible fit for their basketball team. Their offense runs through the point guard and does not allow it's wing players to be heavily feature playmakers so Turkoglu cannot make good use of his best asset (passing ability).

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    I think Utah values it's upcoming cap flexibility highly. I don't see them giving it away for Hedo.

    Besides, Turkoglu is a terrible fit for their basketball team. Their offense runs through the point guard and does not allow it's wing players to be heavily feature playmakers so Turkoglu cannot make good use of his best asset (passing ability).
    I don't know teams that are desperate to create something might be inclined to take a chance.The Jazz are in a unique situation in the West where they aren't good enough to win a championship but they aren't comfortable enough or can afford to stay complecent or fall behind because they might even be in danger of missing the playoffs next season.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hello!!

    Finally a reasonable trade offer. That sounds fantastic. Utah desperately needs to drop salary, they keep dumping guys like Brewer and Maynor, but can't really make a big move without having Deron lose his shit.

    I think a lot depends on the Boozer situation, they've kind of set it up for him to walk with the Milsap extension. Its been widely reported that Sloan does not like AK and he's pretty much a lock to walk after the season. They love to pick and roll and I think Deron and Turk could mesh. They would likely need to upgrade their centre, but wow I think that is a legit trade that helps both teams.

    Bosh resigns and AK finally gives the team an athletic 3 who can guard anybody and doesn't need shots. Utah gets to dump salary and take back a quality player.

    Who says no to this? I just got really excited. I think it would improve the raps exponentially and make them a legit contender in the East.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I too am in favour of this, though i don't know enough about Utah to know whether or not it is feasible.

    On a related topic (and not meaning to hijack the thread - more just wanting to put this out there), i'm determined to find a way to get Johnson in an Atlanta sign and trade.

    Golden State gets: the 9.5m expiring contracts of Banks and Evans - upgrading their defense in the process.
    Philadelphia gets: Monta Ellis and Demar Derozan - increasing their scoring by 7, getting a legit prospect and saving money in the process.
    Atlanta gets: Andre Iguodala and Jarret Jack - a good Johnson replacement and a young PG (something they definitely need)
    Toronto gets: Joe Johnson

    Calderon/Eric Bledsoe/Bellinelli
    Johnson/Weems/Bellinelli
    Kirilenko/Weems/Bellinelli
    Bosh/Amir
    Bargs/Dorsey/Nesterovic

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie Aris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Im in favour of anything thats going to move Hedo out and bring in some D, however I doubt Utah wants to commit themselves to that kind of contract, even if Hedo fit in, which I dont think he does. He's deffinitly not a Sloan type player. I would even be all for a Hedo for Richard Jefferson trade but I doubt it would happen for much of the same reasons. I think something more like Gortat and Bass for Turk is more likely.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Calderon/Eric Bledsoe/Bellinelli
    Johnson/Weems/Bellinelli
    Kirilenko/Weems/Bellinelli
    Bosh/Amir
    Bargs/Dorsey/Nesterovic
    At first glance that lineup seems to feature way too much Bellinelli
    Also if Calderon goes down, which he has for significant parts of the last two seasons, a rookie and Bellinelli left to replace him might give us a point guard situation similar to Will Solomon/Roko Ukic. Not a good scenario either.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    actually, i see that both trades don't work together, as they both require evans being shipped out. if you kept turk he could handle point duties, but that defeats the purpose of sending him out for ak. i also don't see why we also couldn't resign antoine wright.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Kennay wrote: View Post
    At first glance that lineup seems to feature way too much Bellinelli
    Also if Calderon goes down, which he has for significant parts of the last two seasons, a rookie and Bellinelli left to replace him might give us a point guard situation similar to Will Solomon/Roko Ukic. Not a good scenario either.
    Uh, Belinelli would be the 5th guard, not sure how that's too much Belinelli. And he would be much, much better as a backup PG than Solomon/Ukic. I'd actually put him second on the depth chart ahead of Eric "not a PG" Bledsoe. Belinelli has good handles, good vision and his length would give problems to the opposing defense.

    As for the scenario, I like getting Johnson and Kirilenko, don't like keeping Bargnani.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TIm W. wrote: View Post
    Uh, Belinelli would be the 5th guard, not sure how that's too much Belinelli. And he would be much, much better as a backup PG than Solomon/Ukic. I'd actually put him second on the depth chart ahead of Eric "not a PG" Bledsoe. Belinelli has good handles, good vision and his length would give problems to the opposing defense.

    As for the scenario, I like getting Johnson and Kirilenko, don't like keeping Bargnani.
    I'd love Johnson, but that's never gonna happen. He's probably going to NY if Lebron doesn't pan out.
    Slightly off topic: message to Tim W. I know your disgust with Bargnani and that you'd probably give your right arm for shipping him out of town, but that will not be possible before next winter even if Colangelo would want it (and what do you think, does he want it?).
    So please let's stop suggesting Bargnani trades at least for 6 months ok?

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote maman wrote: View Post
    I'd love Johnson, but that's never gonna happen. He's probably going to NY if Lebron doesn't pan out.
    Slightly off topic: message to Tim W. I know your disgust with Bargnani and that you'd probably give your right arm for shipping him out of town, but that will not be possible before next winter even if Colangelo would want it (and what do you think, does he want it?).
    So please let's stop suggesting Bargnani trades at least for 6 months ok?
    There's always a way...there's always a way....

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    I too am in favour of this, though i don't know enough about Utah to know whether or not it is feasible.

    On a related topic (and not meaning to hijack the thread - more just wanting to put this out there), i'm determined to find a way to get Johnson in an Atlanta sign and trade.

    Golden State gets: the 9.5m expiring contracts of Banks and Evans - upgrading their defense in the process.
    Philadelphia gets: Monta Ellis and Demar Derozan - increasing their scoring by 7, getting a legit prospect and saving money in the process.
    Atlanta gets: Andre Iguodala and Jarret Jack - a good Johnson replacement and a young PG (something they definitely need)
    Toronto gets: Joe Johnson

    Calderon/Eric Bledsoe/Bellinelli
    Johnson/Weems/Bellinelli
    Kirilenko/Weems/Bellinelli
    Bosh/Amir
    Bargs/Dorsey/Nesterovic
    eric bledsoe? isn't he a qb?

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,167
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    eric bledsoe? isn't he a qb?
    You are thinking of Drew Bledsoe

    Eric Bledsoe is a guard entering the 2010 draft and expected to go in the mid to late first round.

    http://espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=45881

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TIm W. wrote: View Post
    Uh, Belinelli would be the 5th guard, not sure how that's too much Belinelli. And he would be much, much better as a backup PG than Solomon/Ukic. I'd actually put him second on the depth chart ahead of Eric "not a PG" Bledsoe. Belinelli has good handles, good vision and his length would give problems to the opposing defense.
    Well actually you also put Weems twice, so Belli is actually the 4th guard, and 4-man wing rotations are the norm.
    Also by clarifying the Bledsoe situation, you just made the problem that much more obvious, having two non-PGs as the only backups to the PG spot.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •