Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Home teams are 97-24 in Game 7s. Okay, okay.
    Home teams won 8 of the last 9 game 7s going into today. That other one though... well, it was the Raptors.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
      I would guess zero chance. Heat are a veteran lead team with balls. We have a bunch of wanna be's
      yeah, I actually think the Pacers are more likely to imitate today's heat than the Raps, which is sad...so, so sad.

Comment

• I guess I agree with all that, but the experiment could be called off at a moments notice if it didn't seem to work, and it might put Indiana on the back foot to great advantage. For most of the series, Indiana has looked like the more solid team. They've got the momentum. Time for some tactics. The tip-off is the best time to get started.

About the spacing and stuff, Biyombo is very mobile. He can dunk and make cuts. He has pretty good hands. He doesn't need to be a shooter. The idea is to score lots of inside buckets by everyone, foul out their tall guys, and get ALL the rebounds. Put the pressure on them. And force them into depending on the three. We still get all the rebounds.

The alternative is nervously trying to sink more threes. Casey has to coach

But Casey will probably tell DeMar to go on slashing attack, which is what I'd do in the second half if things went according to plan.

Comment

• Beagle wrote: View Post
          I guess I agree with all that, but the experiment could be called off at a moments notice if it didn't seem to work, and it might put Indiana on the back foot to great advantage. For most of the series, Indiana has looked like the more solid team. They've got the momentum. Time for some tactics. The tip-off is the best time to get started.

About the spacing and stuff, Biyombo is very mobile. He can dunk and make cuts. He has pretty good hands. He doesn't need to be a shooter. The idea is to score lots of inside buckets by everyone, foul out their tall guys, and get ALL the rebounds. Put the pressure on them. And force them into depending on the three. We still get all the rebounds.

But Casey will probably tell DeMar to go on slashing attack, which is what I'd do in the second half if things went according to plan.
          Going to focus on this part. It doesn't work like that.

If you let the other team put all their defenders in the paint, there isn't enough room left for anyone to score.

Indiana isn't guarding DeMar or Lowry outside right now. So if you put them out there with JV and Bismack, all the defenders can pack the paint and we can't score.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
            Home teams won 8 of the last 9 game 7s going into today. That other one though... well, it was the Raptors.
            Number 7 seed has only beaten the number 2 seed once in the last 15 years or something like that. It'll be twice after tonight.

Is anybody on this board still drinking the kool-aid and is actually optimistic about a win tonight?

Comment

• Beagle wrote: View Post
              I guess I agree with all that, but the experiment could be called off at a moments notice if it didn't seem to work, and it might put Indiana on the back foot to great advantage. For most of the series, Indiana has looked like the more solid team. They've got the momentum. Time for some tactics. The tip-off is the best time to get started.

I think you'll lose a lot of people with the bold. Biyombo might have the worst hands of any big man in the league.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                yeah, I actually think the Pacers are more likely to imitate today's heat than the Raps, which is sad...so, so sad.
                No surprise. This has been a Raptors theme for 5+ years now. When the going gets tough, the Raps go home. I would always say that during the Bosh era.

Comment

• Have some faith fellas!! I know its tough to believe, but crazier things have happened. Lets have a winning attitude! The mood swings from win to loss around here is wild. After the win everyone was convinved the series was ours .. now its like no one believes we can win this! That's bullcrap I say! We got this guys ... you watch ... we got this.

We have something no other team has .... consmap.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    Is anybody on this board still drinking the kool-aid and is actually optimistic about a win tonight?
                    How is being optimistic for the win "drinking the Kool-Aid"?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Have some faith fellas!! I know its tough to believe, but crazier things have happened. Lets have a winning attitude! The mood swings from win to loss around here is wild. After the win everyone was convinved the series was ours .. now its like no one believes we can win this! That's bullcrap I say! We got this guys ... you watch ... we got this.

We have something no other team has .... consmap.
                      Only if we still had Sterner.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        How is being optimistic for the win "drinking the Kool-Aid"?
                        You gotta be drinking something to be optimistic at this point!

Comment

• I would put my mood right now at optimistic, but not at all confident.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Only if we still had Sterner.
                            We all need a little Tom Sterner right now:

Comment

• Another important fact is that the vast majority of game 7s are complete blow outs, so don't be surprised by one tonight either way. Although knowing the Raptors it'll come down to the last couple of minutes before we win it.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                                Number 7 seed has only beaten the number 2 seed once in the last 15 years or something like that. It'll be twice after tonight.

How is it drinking the kool-aid to be optimistic about a 6 point favorite? I'm completely inured to whatever outcome but I don't think it's delusional to think we can beat the Pacers.

Comment

Working...
                                X