Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    Still can't believe Paul George's whiney little bitch ass in the post game presser.
    i thought he was worse during the game. in the presser i found him hypocritical with talking about how his team has to play physical and that is what the playoffs are about and then the whining about dc's physicality

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      Can someone post these?
      they were on the nba.com video section. for some reason youtube didn't have the pacers pressers

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        i thought he was worse during the game. in the presser i found him hypocritical with talking about how his team has to play physical and that is what the playoffs are about and then the whining about dc's physicality
        Still, no superstar says that kinda shit. "Hes hitting my elbow on every shot. Waaaaah. I can't watch the ball go down when he's hitting my elbow or my wrist on every shot. If I had 50 foul shots we would have won and I should have because I never ever miss a shot unless someone hits my elbow or my wrist on every shot which will affect my follow thru and then I can't watch the ball go down. Waaaaaaaaah "

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
          Still, no superstar says that kinda shit. "Hes hitting my elbow on every shot. Waaaaah. I can't watch the ball go down when he's hitting my elbow or my wrist on every shot. If I had 50 foul shots we would have won and I should have because I never ever miss a shot unless someone hits my elbow or my wrist on every shot which will affect my follow thru and then I can't watch the ball go down. Waaaaaaaaah "
          you sounded just like him. good impression.

Comment

• Comment

• we've been chang-ed

Comment

• Caught the game at the bar last night, so my observations might be off but I left with a couple of impressions:

1. Indiana does not belong in the playoffs. They are such an incomplete team right now and should be full fledged rebuilding around George and Turner. The only reason they are in the playoffs is a combination of PG's brilliance and just how bad the East is after the the top 4 or 5 teams.

2. Corey Joseph was such a damn good pick up. He is such a pro and just never seems to be panic under any pressure. His defence on Monta was beautiful to watch in the second half. He completely took Indiana's second best scoring option out of the game.

3. Really happy for the win, but man I hated that Lowry was taking all those quick perimeter shots in the first half. It's almost like he was trying to force Indiana to space the floor out more by taking unnecessarily long shots. Even when he hit a couple of bad shots I was shaking my head. DeMar just baffles me with his shot selection. Just forces way too many and played with his head down (perhaps to make sure he doesn't lose the ball). I'm glad a few were dropping...really helps his confidence, and I realize the importance of keeping the defence honest, but he has to play smarter. We can't win against Miami (I think we get matched up with them right) with Lowry and Demar playing the way they currently are unless they catch fire for the entire series with the poor shot selection. Unlikely.

4. Ross and 2Pat played really well. This is my official apology for ever doubting 2Pat as he has become consistent at being a really good all around player. A real stabilizing force for the other players. Ross the play maker is something I could get used to.

Edit: 5. Carroll is getting stronger as the series goes on, but I'm uneasy about how hard he's playing out there so quick after his return from injury.

I had little doubt we could win this series and now there is even less. Indiana really has nobody after George and that's why I liked this match up over Detroit. Go Raps!!
                Last edited by LJ2; Fri Apr 22, 2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• Scraptor is da man

Comment

• jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                    You missed the start of the game where they were crying about every non-call.
                    Nope, I watched the whole game. They were great. Announcers will always bitch about their team not getting calls, and the Pacers guys did it as little as could be expected.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Nope, I watched the whole game. They were great. Announcers will always bitch about their team not getting calls, and the Pacers guys did it as little as could be expected.
                      i thought their colour commentator was good. their devlin sounded like an idiot

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        i thought their colour commentator was good. their devlin sounded like an idiot
                        This is true. The play by play guy was just a generic dudebox. But the colour commentator was calling it like it was.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                            I couldn't find the Pacers broadcast. Had to settle for the NBATV broadcast. Grant Hill as colour guy.

Comment

• Comment

• The one play that really stood out for me was when Lowry went diving for that rebound miss (I think it was a miss from Biyombo) and he tapped it back to keep the ball alive. That's playoff ball. That's Lowry ball.

That sealed the game. It's that intensity and drive that defines the Raptor's culture. That's what got them to 56 wins. CoJo, Carroll, JV, 2Pat, Powell, Lowry, Biyombo and even Scola all play like that.

It's a really fun team to root for.

Comment

Working...
                                X