Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      The one play that really stood out for me was when Lowry went diving for that rebound miss (I think it was a miss from Biyombo) and he tapped it back to keep the ball alive. That's playoff ball. That's Lowry ball.
      That play was incredible.

The other big one for me was with about four minutes left, Jonas' OREB over two Pacers, where he converted the putback and got an and-1. He had no business getting that board, and it totally killed the momentum the Pacers had been building.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
        Dude, why kill yourself when u already know the final score?

My personal preference would be to stay away from all social media until I watch that delayed game replay. No way I can watch a full game knowing the final score....
        I love rewatching games sometimes. When I watch the game the first time I'm like most and follow the ball. The 2nd viewing allows me to watch off ball action. I'll follow Patterson or Biz on the defensive end for multiple sequences to find out what they're doing. Or just watch JV for multiple offensive possessions to find out why he's not getting the ball more.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          George is getting pretty much the same treatment in our series. He probably got about 6 more FTs than he deserved tonight. At least.
          Geroge's superstar treatment from the refs is a good test run and the Raptors better get used to it. If they ever manage to face off against the LeBrons in the third round, it's going to be about 50 times worse than this.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Multiple runs by Indy. Multiple blown calls by the refs. On the road.. and this team never rattled looked rattled once. So impressed that we never let them get within single digits after taking that initial lead.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Geroge's superstar treatment from the refs is a good test run and the Raptors better get used to it. If they ever manage to face off against the LeBrons in the third round, it's going to be about 50 times worse than this.
              Well, George is getting the best whistle in the playoffs, even better than LeBron. So I'm not sure it can get actually worse. It'll be pretty much the same.

George has flopped at least twice and been given the benefit of the doubt. I can think of at least two plays offensively where no one really touched him and he got a whistle. I can also remember a play last night where Scola was totally inexplicably called for an offensive foul, and I think it was again because George was in proximity (maybe he winced so the refs called something).

It's just been ridiculous. Meanwhile JV gets pushed and gets called for the foul. Myles fucking Turner, a rookie who's grabbing and pushing on literally every play is getting the best whistle of any big man...Even against Biyombo. Last night he drew one on Biyombo by grabbing his arm to try and pull him down, then Biyombo straightened his arm down and Turner fell on his ass because he was putting all his effort into trying to pull him by the arm. Turner who also probably could've been ejected for the stream of shit he was spouting when he got that tech (he was still shouting at the ref well after the first tech was called).

Fucking ridiculous. I really don't understand how these refs are evaluated.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                That play was incredible.

The other big one for me was with about four minutes left, Jonas' OREB over two Pacers, where he converted the putback and got an and-1. He had no business getting that board, and it totally killed the momentum the Pacers had been building.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  Turner bitching that he got pushed too. No you didn't Myles, he's just bigger and stronger than you. That rebound can't be much cleaner than that.

Comment

Turner bitching that he got pushed too. No you didn't Myles, he's just bigger and stronger than you. That rebound can't be much cleaner than that.
                    Turner bitches about everything.

he and Paul George cannot fathom that anyone could beat them at anything.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                      Turner bitches about everything.

he and Paul George cannot fathom that anyone could beat them at anything.
                      All I kept picturing in my head was that Jonas (probably the whole team by now) must feel kind of like this toward Pacers and refs

Comment

All I kept picturing in my head was that Jonas (probably the whole team by now) must feel kind of like this toward Pacers and refs

wasn't that the wrong guys' car though?

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          wasn't that the wrong guys' car though?
                          It's the thought that counts

Comment

• I was thinking about it, and I know why Joey's 'DeMar set the aggressive tone' narrative bothered me so much.

Because it takes credit away from the bench.

Saying DeMar's aggressive play set the tone is saying the bench wouldn't have played like the did if DeMar hadn't been that aggressive, but... the bench has played exactly the same way in all 3 games. They've been awesome. The only thing that DeMar's aggressive play in the first quarter changed was DeMar's play.

He didn't set the tone, because the tone for everyone else didn't change.
                            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Fucking ridiculous. I really don't understand how these refs are evaluated.
                              Alright boys, now remember, the NBA is entertainment and we have broadcasters and advertisers to keep happy. No one wants to tune in for a 20 point blowout. Now get out there and keep it close!

Comment

• Pacers fans are sad....

http://www.indycornrows.com/2016/4/2...oss-to-raptors

Comment

Working...
                                X