No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Playoff Predictions and Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did not expect ATL to get swept, although, in fairness, they could have won either of the last two games and game 1 was close, so it could have been a very different series if Cleveland hadn't shot the lights out.

Spurs didn't look so big and bad in OKC last night - Durant rolled them in the fourth. That Game 5 is going to be huge.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
      In the postgame interview LeBron did not take the bait on who he would like to face next despite the persistent of the interviewer
      When did journalism get so disgraceful?

Comment

• The Cavs are basically playing like the Warriors now, it's crazy.

LeBron is being used like Draymond and just surrounded with shooters. Of course LeBron is superior just as Curry is to Kyrie and Klay to JR but the concept is basically the same. Style wise that series IF it goes down is going to be a helluva lot more interesting than I originally thought.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          When did journalism get so disgraceful?
          Couldn't believe the Draymond Green question from that journalist last week. Glad he got roasted.

Comment

• NBA radio today going over-the-top with Cleveland love. Had a four hour drive and it was nauseating to listen to Frank Isola and Brian Scalabrine perform verbal fellatio on LeBron and Cleveland for a good chunk of the morning.

Yes, Cleveland swept Detroit (1 vs 8 seed, and Detroit wasn't coming in with a ton of playoff experience). That wasn't too shocking. Also, Atlanta hasn't played well against Cleveland at all in forever, and 3 of the 4 games were there for ATL to win if the chips fell a different way. There was only one blowout and that's because Cleveland had the best 3-point shooting night in the history of the NBA playoffs. I don't think their 3-point prowess as of late is sustainable. I would agree they are playing well, passing the ball better, and playing more like a team. But guys calling for Cleveland to sweep whoever they meet next (Miami or Toronto) and be the favorites in the Finals? Gimme a break.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
              NBA radio today going over-the-top with Cleveland love. Had a four hour drive and it was nauseating to listen to Frank Isola and Brian Scalabrine perform verbal fellatio on LeBron and Cleveland for a good chunk of the morning.

Yes, Cleveland swept Detroit (1 vs 8 seed, and Detroit wasn't coming in with a ton of playoff experience). That wasn't too shocking. Also, Atlanta hasn't played well against Cleveland at all in forever, and 3 of the 4 games were there for ATL to win if the chips fell a different way. There was only one blowout and that's because Cleveland had the best 3-point shooting night in the history of the NBA playoffs. I don't think their 3-point prowess as of late is sustainable. I would agree they are playing well, passing the ball better, and playing more like a team. But guys calling for Cleveland to sweep whoever they meet next (Miami or Toronto) and be the favorites in the Finals? Gimme a break.
              One of the worst things that could happen to a team on a roll is to have to cool their heels for a while. All that momentum and in the zone stuff now goes on ice for a bit. Looks like its going to be about a week for the Lebrons before they see game speed action again. Time away usually dissipates the magic can't miss touch.

I don't know if the Raps have enough to beat the Lebrons... but thats why you actually have to play the games on the court to see if you can.

Frank Isola just spews up crap and hopes something sticks.
              He of the Ujiri to the Knicks front office scoop.
              The Knicks trading Jose Calderone straight up for Jeff Teague at the trade deadline.
              The Knicks to make a legitimate run at the playoffs this year.
              Crack-head.
              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Mon May 9, 2016, 04:01 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                One of the worst things that could happen to a team on a roll is to have to cool their heels for a while. All that momentum and in the zone stuff now goes on ice for a bit. Looks like its going to be about a week for the Lebrons.

I don't know if the Raps have enough to beat the Lebrons... but thats why you actually have to play the games on the court to see if you can.

Frank Isola just spews up crap and hopes something sticks.
                He of the Ujiri to the Knicks front office scoop.
                The Knicks trading Jose Calderone straight up for Jeff Teague at the trade deadline.
                The Knicks to make a legitimate run at the playoffs this year.
                Crack-head.
                Yeah, of all the shows on Sirius XM NBA radio, his is by far the worst. He's the epitome of journalism in hyperbole.

Don't think the Raptors are gonna beat Cleveland either, but I think they can make it competitive if they get there and JV is back. Just like they're making this series with Miami competitive. (FYI Frank Isola said Miami was gonna sweep the Raptors in this series after the Game 1 OT win.....)

Comment

• wow the referees have absolutely fucked san antonio

Comment

• Game Day... .Raps vs Heat....

With Apologies to Eminem...

The Real Slim Derozan

May I have your attention please?
                    Will the real Demar Derozan please stand up?
                    I repeat, will the real Demar Derozan please stand up?
                    If ya'll don't Demar we're gonna have a problem here..

Tonight both Demar and Kyle stand up... .Raps head back to Miami up 3 games to 2
                    - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                      Game Day... .Raps vs Heat....

With Apologies to Eminem...

The Real Slim Derozan

Will the real Demar Derozan please stand up?
                      I repeat, will the real Demar Derozan please stand up?
                      If ya'll don't Demar we're gonna have a problem here..

Tonight both Demar and Kyle stand up... .Raps head back to Miami up 3 games to 2
                      Ok, now you're just scaring me, dude.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        The Cavs are basically playing like the Warriors now, it's crazy.

LeBron is being used like Draymond and just surrounded with shooters. Of course LeBron is superior just as Curry is to Kyrie and Klay to JR but the concept is basically the same. Style wise that series IF it goes down is going to be a helluva lot more interesting than I originally thought.
                        to some degree Mami played that way, Miller,Allen,Jones,bosh all could get hot from three

Comment

• Team Douche with a win over the Spurs advances to the WCF against the Curry's.This has all the makings of a track meet ... Defense will be something da man with da nails will fix in da morning. In all likelihood every game will exceed an over under line of 210 points.

OKC is on a roll... They got tested by the Spurs and came out with flying colours. The came back from being down 2-1 and found a way to beat the best coached team in the league. They are getting the best out of every player on that team. From Durant and Douchebrooke to Adams and Ibaka to Roberson and Waiters they are clicking on every facet of the game.

Think the chase for 73 has taken something out of the Warriors. Curry is a litlte bit nicked up. Bogut is a little bit nicked up. Igudola isn't the player he was last playoff run. Draymond Green will be hollering and encouraging and cajoling but all that effort for the record will take just enough away that the Warriors are vulnerable.

Heresy... but OKC wins in 6.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Game Day. Raps vs Heat.

Both Carroll and Deng are listed as questionable but in all likelihood they both go. We are counting on Carroll for his defense and any scoring is a bonus. The Heat are counting on Deng for both. Probably easier for Carroll to deliver on a defense only agenda where it will be hard for Deng to score with that wrist throbbing away like a diesel as well as play defense on Demar.
                            Right now the Heat have no answer for the lone remaining centre in the series. None. We have seen Stoudamire, Mc Bob and Haslem and they are largely very ineffective in holding Biyombo off the offensive boards and stopping putbacks and the odd lob. It’s an advantage that is really really big and the Raps have to continue to exploit that advantage.

After a month long shooting slump DD and KL show signs of coming out of it. That’s two good games out of the last 3 for Kyle and Demar’s thumb is feeling better. Hope he can build off of a really good game 5 as the thumb becomes less of an issue for him. PPat is playing really well and is doing the things Amir used to do to hold it together on defense. He has contributed some on offense. He could do more. Terrence Ross has actually played well when he doesn’t have to pass or handle the ball in traffic. Wish he would stop showboating on rebounds and just grab them. Still this playoffs for Ross is light years better than his year 1 and year 2 outings. Looking for Ross to hit a few 3’s tonight along with continuing his newly fournd dribble drive game. Could use double digit production from Pat and with a hobbled Deng he may get some more space. CoJo should rebound from his so so game in game 5. Hope Jason Thompson can provide another solid 10 minutes off the bench and continue to throw his weight around and set screens like Rick Mahorn. Especially love it if he can catch Dragic with his head down.

The every other day grind of the series is starting to take its toll on Wade and Johnson. They can still rise up to bite you in the ass but the teeth are a little looser in these old dogs at this stage of the season. If Wade has a 6/19 night I don’t know where Miami is going to get points. Rumblings out of South Florida are that Wade and Dragic aren’t super friendly and that always gets magnified when your losing. Dragic has the ball when Wades not in but other than game 1 he hasn’t been a presence. The rook Winslow is a good defender but his jump shot is just bad. Give him and let him shoot that jumper all night long. Richardson has nerve problems in not one but both shoulders and its showing. Kid is all energy but he is getting schooled at times. Tyler Johnson hasn’t played much this year and is a reclamation project. He is not saving the Heat. Dengs wrist is pretty sore. Joe Penis could go off for 28 but he could also go for 13. Nope the Heat are a one trick pony driven by a 34 year old Dwayne Wade. If the defense can play as well as they did in game 5 and we can keep him out of the lane I really like our chances.

Fearless prediction is that the Raps play another suffocating defensive game and augment that with enough on the offensive side of the ball from the whole backcourt, BB8, Ross and Patterson to close out the Heat and move on to take on the Lebrons next week. Raps W !
                            - TGO

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Ok, now you're just scaring me, dude.

LOL... its a binary choice... and like the clock theory.. one is bound to get it right at least once in 12 tries.
                              - TGO

Comment

• So here we sit...in the ECF....Feels good and it's been fairly earned

Raps vs Cavs.

Raps are being universally panned and being called out as sure losers in this series. So what's new? Most of the US media picked them to lose to both Indy and the Heat. In this one they are going to be swept. As the Forest Gump line goes....stupid is as stupid does, and the Steven Smiths and Chris Broussards are doing it again. Hell Broussard had the Bulls as late as the trade deadline finishing in second. Hard to pick who is dumber but I am going with Broussard. So all this to say that outside of YYZ the thoughts are that the Raps may as well capitulate now..send in a surrender letter and just quit.......but... hey maybe not so fast.

Lebron is the best player on the floor. BUT Lebrons jumper isn't what it used to be. His free throws are also not pristine and..we are going to put Demarre on him who gave him LOTS of trouble last year. Now we aren't going to neutralize him but Lebron isn't going to light us up as easily as is being thought.

Is there really much to choose from between Biz and Thompson ? Both rebound like Tasmanian Devils and have Manos de Piedra on offence. You might give a slight edge to BB8.

JR Smith on DD. Anyone get the memo that JR Smith has matriculated to defensive stopper and consistent shooter? Going to stick with New York version of JR that is a streaky shooter and a bit of a flake. DD has his detractors but dude is solid and is now playing good ball.

Battle of the special Ks at PG.Irving is good but he doesn't make others around him better. Kyle does. Kyle is Villanova tough. Irving is a porcelain doll.

Ppat on Kevin Love. Love should be the better call here but he too has the heart of a guppie. Say what you will about an ugly series with the Heat and Pacers but it was hard and tough, two words you usually don't find in the same sentance with Kevin Love. Ppat is ready. So is Love..till the first hard shot to the body.

Chris the idiot and Steven the Buffon have written the Raps off... Good thing they were so close on their calls in the first two rounds. Crack heads....Its why you play the games.

Raps get a split in Cleveland and win game 3 at home...Up in the series. Watch the wind change next week.

Raps in 7.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X