No announcement yet.

Eastern Conference Playoff Predictions and Watch Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sucks to see other teams big stars all being successful, yet ours are all sh!tting the bed. I think Lowry will rebound. He played great (despite his poor shooting) in games 2 and 3. DD is a lost cause.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Walker is so clutch. Why can't our guards play like him smh
      Because our guards are facing George Hill and Paul George instead of Goran Dragic and Old Man Wade.

Not the whole reason by any means, but sure makes it easier to get your game off.

Comment

Now Charlotte and Miami are also tied up 2-2
        wow miami's as bad as the raptors...
        the original brow

Comment

Now Charlotte and Miami are also tied up 2-2
          I thought Miami played okay but they really fell apart in the second quarter and the Hornets took it to them.

Comment

douby leave me wrote: View Post
            wow miami's as bad as the raptors...
            To be fair, the other 2-2 series are either between evenly seeded teams or teams with serious injury issues (Clippers). Teams with seeding separation like Raptors/Pacers have already wrapped up in 4 or 5 games.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

A 2 for 3 on a Monday night..

With a fluke injury to one of the top 3 point guards in the league you can see why just getting to the playoffs is huge. The Clips go from an almost sure thing to beat Rip City to .. holy shit batman... can we win this series ?

Looking back a mere 5 days into the now distant past the coronation of the Miami Heat as an ECF lock is now.. shall we say.. in doubt ? The Buzz take care of bizness at home and now the Heat have to play every other day with not much rest for old man Wade and just as old Deng and Johnson. Just how dumb do the Chris Broussards and Matt Moores look now ? Don't answer that.. revel in it.

Team Douche takes one from Dallas and closes them out. Good for them. Dallas gave it the Memphis try but were just to undermanned to take out Durant and the Peckerhead that goes by the name of Russell Westbrook. Good luck against the Spurs boys.

On tap we have two Eastern Conference Games tonight

Pacers vs Raps.. With a 3 day gap between games momentum tends to dissipate. So its all even coming into the ACC for the ridonkulously stupid start time of 6PM.
              Raps have two of the next 3 at home. No one is hurt. There is redemption to be had by Kyle and Demar tonight. Time for the NBA's equivalent of the St. Louis Blues to advance past the first round and it starts tonight. Defense rules at the ACC and the Raps bring it and then some. Raps W.
              On the Whistle we get Marc Davis,Bill Kennedy and Zach Zarba.

Celtics at Hawks.

The pluckiest team in the universe has evened the series. In fact.. all the series in the east are dead heats at 2-2. So how do the Hawks respond to losing 2 in a row when it looked like they owned the Celts when the left Atlanta 5 days ago ?Get the ball down low to Milsap (who has been having a terrible series so far) and Horford and beat Boston in the paint. Teague and two tone head Schroeder are going to have to slow up Thomas. If they do those things the Celts lose again on the road. This one goes the distance.. but tonight the Hawks win at home. [/QUOTE]
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

Miami, Charlotte, Atlanta and Boston finished with identical records. Those two series being tied is completely expected.

Stop trying to use two teams that had the same record as justification for our series.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Team Douche takes one from Dallas and closes them out. Good for them. Dallas gave it the Memphis try but were just to undermanned to take out Durant and the Peckerhead that goes by the name of Russell Westbrook. Good luck against the Spurs boys.
                  I haven't watched much of OKC over the last couple of seasons but they are really getting on my nerves already. What an unlikable team it is outside of Durant. I think the Spurs will be in tough - OKC will have two of the three best players in the series and that matters. Should be a great series.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    I haven't watched much of OKC over the last couple of seasons but they are really getting on my nerves already. What an unlikable team it is outside of Durant. I think the Spurs will be in tough - OKC will have two of the three best players in the series and that matters. Should be a great series.
                    I have a love/hate with OKC. Don' really find them likable, but the things Durant and Westbrook can do on a basketball court are incredible. Westbrook just dropped 36/12/9 on the Mavs in the closeout game while Durant scored 33. We would collectively lose our shit and the Raps would win by 45 if Lowry/DD ever managed that against the Pacers.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                      Miami, Charlotte, Atlanta and Boston finished with identical records. Those two series being tied is completely expected.

Stop trying to use two teams that had the same record as justification for our series.
                      My man Barolt... I'd ask you to consider the idea that the Pacers .. regardless of what their record is or who they suit up to play or where they are seeded .....are just as determined to win or die on the hill trying to win as the Raps are. The guys in the Pacers room believe just as we do.... and thats whys sports is great... because you just never know.

If you think that's horseshit then consider the 1983 North Carolina State Wolfpack or the 1985 Villanova Wildcats. They weren't supposed to do much either.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                        My man Barolt... I'd ask you to consider the idea that the Pacers .. regardless of what their record is or who they suit up to play or where they are seeded .....are just as determined to win or die on the hill trying to win as the Raps are. The guys in the Pacers room believe just as we do.... and thats whys sports is great cuz you just never know.

If you think thats Horseshit then consider the 1983 North Carolina State Wolfpack or the 1985 Villanova Wildcats. They
                        Every team 'wants to win', but we're the more talented team. We should be winning.

Comment

Every team 'wants to win', but we're the more talented team. We should be winning.
                          If you ever have the pleasure to coach a team of kids in minor sports.... I will pass on the gift of advice and experience.

Its hard as hell to do.. but if your unsure at who to take at tryouts...pick the kid with the want to and the motor over the uber talented kid. Cuz the kid with the motor and desire brings it every night. Talent takes days and sometimes weeks off.
                          Talent is important of course .. but its not everything.
                          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            If you ever have the pleasure to coach a team of kids in minor sports.... I will pass on the gift of advice and experience.

Its hard as hell to do.. but if your unsure at who to take at tryouts...pick the kid with the want to and the motor over the uber talented kid. Cuz the kid with the motor and desire brings it every night. Talent takes days and sometimes weeks off.
                            Talent is important of course .. but its not everything.
                            Coached 4 years of high school ball. I get it.

I expect professionals to show up once in three years though.

Comment

• 56 wins is not a sign of how good they are. Most wins were won the wrong way. And Indiana is great defensive team. In top 5 or something. So maybe the difference is not as great as we want to believe.
                              Last edited by MixxAOR; Tue Apr 26, 2016, 12:33 PM.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Coached 4 years of high school ball. I get it.

I expect professionals to show up once in three years though.
                                They (euphemism for KL and DD) are showing up.... So are the Pacers..... Paul George is an all world defender. The other guys are busting hump as well... Looking forward to a win tonight from your side.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X