No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Raptors team + Demarre Carroll looks pretty damn dangerous, especially if he continues to play like tonight. Man, he was great, and I'm not even talking about the stat line. Loved his defense and hustle.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      Wow can't believe how much of a bitch Paul George is. "He's hitting my elbow on every shot". Shut the fuck up dude. Been losing a ton of respect for him with his mouth this series.
      Dude went to the line like 12 times and we had twice as many team fouls. Gimme a break pussy.
      You watched that too? I laughed. He was quick to shout out JV so I'm not mad.

Happy that DD turned the corner a bit, but, he needed to pass the ball out of penetrations more in the second half of the game. He's definitely not playing his best.

Carroll was beastin'. Wow. If PG can't handle the old man vet moves this series is going to end very soon.

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post
        This is what happens when you go and stop bullying in schools ... you get guys like Matt Devlin ... Lol

Comment

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            This is why we talk about him. The team should not be better when a "star" player is on the bench.
            But in general I'm not at all convinced that we are "better" when he is on bench, I'm sorry. That first half should be a huge indication of that. We got the lead on the back of Demars aggressiveness on offense, and then only just managed to maintain it throughout. Yes, we have great stretches where the bench plays huge, and thats awesome. They're supposed to! Thats their role. And when Demar came back out in the 4th, we actually starting playing even better and stifled a mini run, and he went and made several (like 4 or 5) hugely key passes out of his penetration. And nobody even mentions any of that.

Comment

• I'll say up front that of course, we could really screw up from here but so far it hasn't really been close. The first game we led or were tied most of the game until we let it slip away in the last few minutes. The second game, we mostly had a 10-12 point lead that sometimes shrunk to 5. Tonight was a 16-18 pt lead that sometimes shrunk to 10. I like this trend.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                But in general I'm not at all convinced that we are "better" when he is on bench, I'm sorry. That first half should be a huge indication of that. We got the lead on the back of Demars aggressiveness on offense, and then only just managed to maintain it throughout. Yes, we have great stretches where the bench plays huge, and thats awesome. They're supposed to! Thats their role. And when Demar came back out in the 4th, we actually starting playing even better and stifled a mini run, and he went and made several (like 4 or 5) hugely key passes out of his penetration. And nobody even mentions any of that.
                his game wasn't dominant enough for the lovers to come out, no really big strong plays. he had a good quiet game. easy to pick apart mistakes and know how he could have done better. he didn't have a bad game. he didn't have a great game. his presence is enough for the others to have good games instead of average games. that doesn't come up in a demar stat to point to so we see cory playing well above his averages, pat playing great etc.

Comment

• the last time we were ahead in a playoff series it was 3-2 over brooklyn

Comment

• Raps played terrific defense. Really, really impressed. Kept guys in front of them. Helped when they got by. Cut off passing lanes. Ran guys off the line. Caused turnovers. Protected the glass. Forget the offense. This win was all about defense.

Two more to go.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

This was a fair whistle away from being a 30 point blowout for the Raps.

Comment

• If we win the next game, this series is over in 5.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          This was a fair whistle away from being a 30 point blowout for the Raps.
                          fair whistle away from Bruno's first playoff game.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            If we win the next game, this series is over in 5.
                            need to weather a storm out of the gate in game 4. they are going to come out flying. refs in the first 5 minutes of game 4 have a lot of power. stay disciplined.

i don't think we have given SCRAPTOR the credit he deserves. another well started thread, giving the boys the confidence they needed in indy.
                            Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Apr 22, 2016, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              We didn't get the first half lead on the back of 'DeMar'.

He was +6 in the first half, we won the first half by 17 points and he played 18 minutes. So we won the 18 minutes he played by 6 points, and the 6 minutes he didn't play by 11 points.
                              twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                                We didn't get the first half lead on the back of 'DeMar'.

He was +6 in the first half, we won the first half by 17 points and he played 18 minutes. So we won the 18 minutes he played by 6 points, and the 6 minutes he didn't play by 11 points.
                                I didn't say on the back of "Demar" .. I said on the back of his Aggressiveness, and I stand by it. It set the tone for that entire 1st half.

Comment

Working...
                                X