Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okafor for Evans/Banks

This trade works: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3xf9hmu

NOH gets 2 expiring contracts and saves $30M by moving Okafor's contract. Evans is a good role player and Banks is a servicable thrid-string PG (which they don't have).

TOR gets a starting centre and Bargs moves to PF next season (should Bosh not return).
    RR OG

I like it but New Orleans would want more I think.

Comment

Bargnani is not a PF, he is a C. I never understand the sentiment shared on this site that PF is/should be his position. If his defence is bad against opposing Cs who aren't usually overly mobile, how exposed would he be by PFs?? If that is the only way to rid ourselves of Evans/Banks, I would rather just hang onto them and let their contracts expire, rather than take on Okafor's massive contract.

Comment

He sure rebounds like a center... and loves scoring three feet away from the basket like a center... he must be a center...

and as far as the defense goes i dont think mobility is the issue by any means, hes probably the quickest seven footers in the league....and his man to man defence isnt really a concern (at least not the biggest ) no issues with him guarding a typical PF one on one.... its when you need the help in the CENTER of the paint that i worry....

Comment

i don't know what some of you guys love affair is with okafor, i'd rather have chandler and if were sticking with new orleans i'd rather have david west.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Great trade for New Orleans
            nbaroundtable

Comment

New Orleans would be laughing in joy lol

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                i don't know what some of you guys love affair is with okafor, i'd rather have chandler and if were sticking with new orleans i'd rather have david west.
                Everyone talks about the Raptors needing a defensive centre. But when one gets mentioned, like Okafor or Chandler, everyone seems to be against acquiring them. Dwight Howards don't just fall from trees, you take what's available.

If you're worried about contracts, that's how much centres make. Camby just signed a huge extention for being a capable defensive centre that rebounds. Haywood will get an Okafor-esque contract this offseason. Joakim Noah and Brook Lopez will eventually be making similar money.

Comment

Dont we have enough of players that get paid but dont perform? Do we need to amass all of them in one team?
                  Please let us target impact players.

Comment

The problem with this trade is that if NO gives up Emeka for expirings, Paul will throw a serious hissy fit and rightfully so. He is top five most competitive players in the league and will not settle for his team dumping contracts regardless how bad they are.

If they did this, Paul would likely demand a trade and that would lower his value when they trade him. If they are going to unload Emeka, they as may well package Paul as absurd as it sounds.

I threw out the raps getting Paul and Emeka for Evans/Banks, Bargs, Derozan and our number 12. Its not full value for Paul, but if they are rebuilding, a Collison, Thorton, Derozan, thier two picks, Bargs, West and whatever they can get Peja's expiring isn't a bad start. Almost everyone is on a rookie contract and they can sell the young core to thier fans allthewhile remaining very cheap. The selling point would be whether NO has any faith in Bargs, which depending on how you feel about him could be a tough sell.

And the raptors get Chris Paul, a once in a generation point guard that allows BC to get regain his credibility.

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                      He sure rebounds like a center... and loves scoring three feet away from the basket like a center... he must be a center...

and as far as the defense goes i dont think mobility is the issue by any means, hes probably the quickest seven footers in the league....and his man to man defence isnt really a concern (at least not the biggest ) no issues with him guarding a typical PF one on one.... its when you need the help in the CENTER of the paint that i worry....
                      He doesn't rebound like a PF, either, and last time I checked, Okur and Channing were centers, and they love to shoot the three like Bargnani.

And while Bargnani would be able to guard a number of PF's in the league, the biggest problem with him moving to PF is it pretty much takes away his only advantage. When playing center, he is able to bring his man out, and since he's quicker than most centers, he can (in theory) drive by them. If he were to move to PF, his defender would be a lot quicker and a lot more used to guarding on the perimeter.

Yes, he COULD play PF, but what exactly would be the point if i would reduce his effectiveness?
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Nola would take that deal, run and hide. Okafor is a solid player, but he's nowhere near worth what he's getting paid. He's really overpaid.

As for the suggestion of obtaining Chris Paul by giving up Bargnani - keep dreaming. You don't cut off your nose to spite your face. In the case of the Hornets, they'll ride out Peja's contract to keep the best PG in the game in the Crescent City.

Comment

I still like the merits of this proposed trade.
                          RR OG

Comment

Working...
                          X