Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I'd rather be in the playoffs than not. Playoffs mean that you're still relevant.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      Seriously? I know that you're a mod, but how is this not trolling?

If you watched the game, can you really claim there's nothing to bitch about?

We'd talk about positives, but I'm not sure I saw any today.
      I forgot, did the Pacers eliminate the Raptors by winning today? It's a 7 game series. Playoffs are always a different animal. Nothing is ever going to be easy. Nothing is going to be handed to this team. This team was going to face some adversity. This team is going to be just fine.

And how is it trolling? The statement I made is a fact and it applies to fans all of the Toronto professional sports teams, not just the Raptors.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        2nd best team in the east and won 56 games. How is that treadmill?

Comment

If Derozan leaves, it'll set this franchise back a few years. You can bet that If he leaves, Lowry is gone too. It also means no playoffs for at least a good 3 years. Letting an asset like Derozan leave for nothing would be shameful.

stop acting like he's some special talent.

Comment

I forgot, did the Pacers eliminate the Raptors by winning today? It's a 7 game series. Playoffs are always a different animal. Nothing is ever going to be easy. Nothing is going to be handed to this team. This team was going to face some adversity. This team is going to be just fine.

And how is it trolling? The statement I made is a fact and it applies to fans all of the Toronto professional sports teams, not just the Raptors.

We're a two seed. They're a seven seed.

It's supposed to be easy. That's why we seed the playoffs like this.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

I'd rather be in the playoffs than not. Playoffs mean that you're still relevant.

Definitely agree with that, playoffs beat no playoffs any day of the week. The frustration for me, and I believe many people who 'bitch' on here, is that these problems have been obvious for a long time. You go through most of the comments of fans on here and you'll see a theme for DeRozan and Casey, and even for things like our team intensity and ability to adapt to changes against teams. And when you see all those things you've been complaining about for months come to the forefront in such an awful loss you're left needing to vent. Especially when we're all smart enough to know that in a cap based league we're possibly going to have to handcuff ourselves to the same player that's causing all this frustration.

I also blame it on our 'Canadianness", we as a nation internalize our frustrations. We attack ourselves (our team in this case) rather than lashing out against the opponent. That's something that would be nice to change (on this board, not as a nation....our run of creating top notch comedians would suffer horribly if we do that).

This was the worst game we played overall, everyone was bad, but that first quarter the Pacers were knocking everything down and we never recovered from their first big punch.
              So far the series is tough to figure out but I think as long as we're not as cold and Indy isn't as hot to start Game 5 we're not in trouble.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                stop acting like he's some special talent.
                A 2-time all star, 2nd on the franchise scoring list, an Olympian and he's still only 26. Yup, he's complete trash.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  Definitely agree with that, playoffs beat no playoffs any day of the week. The frustration for me, and I believe many people who 'bitch' on here, is that these problems have been obvious for a long time. You go through most of the comments of fans on here and you'll see a theme for DeRozan and Casey, and even for things like our team intensity and ability to adapt to changes against teams. And when you see all those things you've been complaining about for months come to the forefront in such an awful loss you're left needing to vent. Especially when we're all smart enough to know that in a cap based league we're possibly going to have to handcuff ourselves to the same player that's causing all this frustration.

I also blame it on our 'Canadianness", we as a nation internalize our frustrations. We attack ourselves (our team in this case) rather than lashing out against the opponent. That's something that would be nice to change (on this board, not as a nation....our run of creating top notch comedians would suffer horribly if we do that).

This was the worst game we played overall, everyone was bad, but that first quarter the Pacers were knocking everything down and we never recovered from their first big punch.
                  So far the series is tough to figure out but I think as long as we're not as cold and Indy isn't as hot to start Game 5 we're not in trouble.
                  "like" x 1000

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
                    We're a two seed. They're a seven seed.

It's supposed to be easy. That's why we seed the playoffs like this.
                    I wish there was a laugh emoticon, cause I'd post it right here. Playoffs are NEVER easy. NEVER. If it were easy, they wouldn't have to play the game.

Comment

A 2-time all star, 2nd on the franchise scoring list, an Olympian and he's still only 26. Yup, he's complete trash.

This! This blind evaluation is why we'll be stuck with this fool. If fans aren't "ohh Demar <3" it would be easier for management to make a rational decision and not have to worry about satisfying these casual fans.

Comment

Don't bother man. No place for positivity around.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Don't bother man. No place for positivity around.
                          There was a lot of positivity after game 3. Some concerns about Kyle and DeMar too, because they weren't shooting well.

Hey, maybe those concerns about Kyle and DeMar shooting us out of games instead of trusting their teammates were warranted, given how game 4 went?

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
                            This! This blind evaluation is why we'll be stuck with this fool. If fans aren't "ohh Demar <3" it would be easier for management to make a rational decision and not have to worry about satisfying these casual fans.
                            Right. So who you gonna replace Demar with in the off-season? What all star are you going to get? This guy no matter what bad stretch he's going through is one of ours and would still consider singing here. That's huge for this franchise.

Comment

Right. So who you gonna replace Demar with in the off-season? What all star are you going to get? This guy no matter what bad stretch he's going through is one of ours and would still consider singing here. That's huge for this franchise.

We don't need to 'replace' DeMar. If DeMar leaves, we don't need another one, another high-usage shooting guard who loves ISOs and dominates the ball.

We can give the usage to guys like JV and Powell, and go to a wing rotation of shooters who play defense.

Comment

I 100% agree. Playoffs are always good for development of players

But who's saying that we wont be there without DD? I mean a lot of the evidence points to us being better without him...

I suggest pulling head from the dark hole that is the corporate ass and see how bad this guy makes his teammates. It's time to move on, has been for 3 years...and two playoff chokes, and his individual choke in the third. Why keep him?

Comment

Working...
                                X