Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If raps lose yet again in first round ......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it so funny that so many of you thought this would be a series we would dominate. Sometimes I really feel I'm the only one who's been watching this team year after year. This is typical Raptors style. They either are just shit or they play well long enough for you to start believing and then let you down. I was always worried about the first round for us no matter who we played because we are known to choke and I would not be shocked in the least if we lost this series. But that's just me. I'm the pessimist around here. Even though I rather call it the realist. Every time I listen to Demar, Kyle and Casey speak in an interview I know we are losing this series. Not one of them is getting it. Not one
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
      I find it so funny that so many of you thought this would be a series we would dominate. Sometimes I really feel I'm the only one who's been watching this team year after year. This is typical Raptors style. They either are just shit or they play well long enough for you to start believing and then let you down. I was always worried about the first round for us no matter who we played because we are known to choke and I would not be shocked in the least if we lost this series. But that's just me. I'm the pessimist around here. Even though I rather call it the realist. Every time I listen to Demar, Kyle and Casey speak in an interview I know we are losing this series. Not one of them is getting it. Not one
      "They are Raptors" is not a good analysis.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

What will you do when we win this series in 6?

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
          Even if the Raptors somehow get through to the second round, Miami will destroy them. More than likely a sweep. That team is made up of veterans, and Joe Johnson (lol!), and knows how to play basketball in the playoffs.
          Word.

I can imagine it now. The post second round series press conference ; "Yeah we accomplished our goal, we made it to the 2nd round at least"

- Derozan gets max contract, casey gets another 2 years...

Masai laughing in the back.
          2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

Yeah I wish I was diligent enough to go back to find previous conversations where I predicted that this would happen in the playoffs and then all the demar supporters laughed and ridiculed and talked about how they can't wait till playoffs come to prove me wrong. I mean, I'm disappointed and I saw it coming. I feel bad for them.

Comment

I can't believe people thought sweep as well. Pacers where in conference finals 2 years in a row before George broke his leg.

Comment

I want to clarify something:

It's not that I thought that we would sweep, it's that I thought that we should be thinking sweep when we win 56 games and get the two seed.

If you win 56 games, get the two seed, have your third straight year of home court advantage and win total increasing, you shouldn't be worried about a first round matchup or you're doing something wrong.
                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Carlos Rogers wrote: View Post
                  I can't believe people thought sweep as well. Pacers where in conference finals 2 years in a row before George broke his leg.
                  Completely different team than that conference finals team

Also I don't think anyone was thinking sweep. But we should be dominating this matchup. No way should we be playing on our heels

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
                    I want to clarify something:

It's not that I thought that we would sweep, it's that I thought that we should be thinking sweep when we win 56 games and get the two seed.

If you win 56 games, get the two seed, have your third straight year of home court advantage and win total increasing, you shouldn't be worried about a first round matchup or you're doing something wrong.
                    This is dumb. Are Raptors first team to win 56 games and be tied 2-2 after 4 games in the first round? Every series is different. It comes down to the matchup. Raptors are the better team but, they lack experience. Pacers is a team full of players that have gone deep in the playoffs, they have the best player in the series and they have a top 5 defense.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      This is dumb. Are Raptors first team to win 56 games and be tied 2-2 after 4 games in the first round? Every series is different. It comes down to the matchup. Raptors are the better team but, they lack experience. Pacers is a team full of players that have gone deep in the playoffs, they have the best player in the series and they have a top 5 defense.
                      I agree, Indy has a good defense, but not sure about more experience. George and Hill yes, have a lot of experience, but nobody else really played a big role on a playoff team. I think that at some point in the series and maybe next series *knocks on wood* we probably need to give JV and Powell more opportunities to create. As you mentioned, George and Hill play great defense and aren't caught up in the moment, so lets not let them force tough shots, Powell and JV are more than capable. Look at the Heat as well, Winslow is a great perimeter defender.

Comment

Switch out Scola for Thompson and keep the rest of the rotation the same. If either Ross or DeRozan are playing shit give Powell a run.

Comment

Good post GLF. Many posters would argue to stay positive but it's hard to ignore what is right in front of our faces to see. The only this time around in my view is DC. I have more confidence he will adjust than previously. IF things continue down the current path it will be another disaster. BUT I see DC adjusting. For me I will know on Tuesday at 6pm our path. If Scola starts that is a hugely negative sign. If Patterson or JT starts that will be the sign we are going to win the series.

Comment

At this point, with the series tied 2-2, the odds are still heavily in our favour. We're the better team on paper, 2 of the next 3 games are at home, and our best 2 players have played like pylons the whole series. Surely, they'll break out of their funk at some point, right? It's our series to lose.

But IF we lose this series, we'll just need to invent a time machine and tank for Wiggins.

Comment

I understand the notion that it is the playoffs and we don't have the team that can sweep. But I honestly thought that in order for us to lose a game or two PG would have to absolutely go off. Game 1 wasn't disheartening because I knew they would get at least one, but Game 4 was something else. Everyone on their team was clicking, which is scary now going into game 5.

Comment

I read this title of this thread and thought it was one of those ... " If raps lose yet again in first round, I will ....".

Comment

Working...
                                X