No announcement yet.

Everything Round 1 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afraid I have gone fatalistic about this team and the inability of the coach to come up with a solution to counter the opposition game plan. Even if they win game 7 does anyone not believe that the next series coach will have a blueprint on how to play the Raptors next?

It is so disappointing that as a 2 seed playing the 7 seed and without too much homerism know deep down the Raptors were the better team and that the 2 best players come up so woeful for an entire series (so far). By their play the rest of the team I am sure gets affected as well. And dont get me started on TRoss.

Comment

• douby leave me wrote: View Post
      the sad thing is that even with a win tomorrow, the raps have shown me absolutely nothing in this series. there is nothing to take away regardless of the outcome, except that they aren't nearly good enough as a team when it matters. there is no reason to feel good about their trajectory or what the future holds.
      Exactly. I agree. Good luck with the Heat in round two if they even make it. But knowing Masai, he'll still deem the team as successfull because of all the "record breaking" and making it to the second round as a huge success. Bottom line is, despite all the record breaking, against the other teams in the league, they're still not that great. In the weak Eastern conference, it's Cavs number one and everyone else is pretty much game.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
        If Masai is an intelligent GM and I'm sure that he is....he cannot go forward and sign Derozan, then hope that a generational talent would fall on his lap this coming draft.
        I agree. DD is NOT someone you can build around. He's not a franchise player. Sure he's an all star but that's because he had the whole country vote him in. Him on any other team he's not making it. He's a Bench All Star! Come on Masai lets get a legit Superstar. This franchise deserves it. The best fans in the league! We The North!

Comment

• Poweredbydragun wrote: View Post
          I agree. DD is NOT someone you can build around. He's not a franchise player. Sure he's an all star but that's because he had the whole country vote him in. Him on any other team he's not making it. He's a Bench All Star! Come on Masai lets get a legit Superstar. This franchise deserves it. The best fans in the league! We The North!
          DD did not get voted in. It was Lowry.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            DD did not get voted in. It was Lowry.
            That's right I must've been thinking about the year before when I was up in Toronto. He got lucky this year. The east is weak. If he was out west there's no way he's making it. (Guys like Lillard be getting snubbed). He's pretty much a bench All star kinda like Horford or Jimmy Butler..thing is... DD is nowhere even near those type of talents.

Comment

• Wow game 7 overlaps Game of Thrones

A bit mad

Comment

• Why would you let consmap make the thread?
                He's a con with a map. Main point: he's a con.

And the rest of you with Pacers avatars, I hope you get diarrhea during the game and are rendered unable to watch it.
                TRAITORS!!! I was so confused for a second as to why we have pacers fan all up on here.

And yes, we will win this game and you will miss the win. We will win by a margin of about 25 points. BOOK IT !!

But, in any case, Win or lose -- here we stand!

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                  I'm terrified of this game.

If we lose the team probably gets blown up.

I don't want to go back to being a lottery team.
                  The team doesn't need to be blown up. The team needs a better head coach which it has needed for a while now. And it needs to let Demar walk. It needs to upgrade the PF position which it should be able to do in this upcoming draft. At least strength in depth over the short term, and hopefully a better starter over the long term, perhaps even for 2017 playoffs. If we go the PF route in the draft we look to acquire a SG.

If somehow Hield drops you take him. If Valentine is available maybe you consider it. Is there any way to move up and draft Murray? Then you acquire PF help.

In any case this team needs to be a ball movement team, like most of the league, and JV needs to be much more involved in the offense from preseason onward.

Comment

• Simplicity wrote: View Post
                    Wow game 7 overlaps Game of Thrones

A bit mad
                    Still waiting on the resurrection... from both! Lol

Comment

• I think we're losing this series, Pacers owned us in the last three games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                        The team doesn't need to be blown up. The team needs a better head coach which it has needed for a while now. And it needs to let Demar walk. It needs to upgrade the PF position which it should be able to do in this upcoming draft. At least strength in depth over the short term, and hopefully a better starter over the long term, perhaps even for 2017 playoffs. If we go the PF route in the draft we look to acquire a SG.

If somehow Hield drops you take him. If Valentine is available maybe you consider it. Is there any way to move up and draft Murray? Then you acquire PF help.

In any case this team needs to be a ball movement team, like most of the league, and JV needs to be much more involved in the offense from preseason onward.
                        I can agree with most of what you're saying, about the head coach and JV being more involved in the gameplan, but I can't agree that you let DeMar walk for nothing. Like it or not, the guy is gonna get paid a lot of dough, which means he's valuable to a lot of teams, not just ours(and of course, that's debatable). There would have to be a solid backup plan in place for them to let him walk for nothing. I just don't see it happening.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          I can agree with most of what you're saying, about the head coach and JV being more involved in the gameplan, but I can't agree that you let DeMar walk for nothing. Like it or not, the guy is gonna get paid a lot of dough, which means he's valuable to a lot of teams, not just ours(and of course, that's debatable). There would have to be a solid backup plan in place for them to let him walk for nothing. I just don't see it happening.
                          I pretty much agree with everything you stated here except one slight difference.

I think the main question actually becomes how valuable is he when a team has to give up assets to get him.
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• If we lose, I riot. The streets of Medicine Hat will never be the same

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              I pretty much agree with everything you stated here except one slight difference.

I think the main question actually becomes how valuable is he when a team has to give up assets to get him.
                              Good question... I have no clue right now, but I'll leave that in Masai's hands. He usually gets a pretty fair shake in the trades he makes.

If he just up and signs with someone else, where do we spend that coin? As Masai has said, he doesn't wanna be a treadmill team, but if we lose this round an DeMar walks, who's the guy that signs here? And is he as good as DeMar is now? I'd prefer to keep DeMar knowing that you can definitely get a decent return for a 2x all-star.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
                                If we lose, I riot. The streets of Medicine Hat will never be the same
                                A loss at home too, gonna be some angry fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X