Luke Walton - Newest Lakers HC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Walton - Newest Lakers HC

Good for Luke, but it ain't gonna be the sweet ride it was in Golden State. I don't give him more than 1.5 years as HC of the Lake Show. Simply not time, IMO.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15...new-head-coach

with no kobe, he could do well. good for him. better than the knicks job, thibs got the best job available and brooks took the second job.

not a lot of chances to leverage that start into millions of guaranteed money. have to take it.

Comment

Oh, I agree. Just rough for a newbie head coach to take on the Lakers situation and deal with the pressures that come along with it. He may get some extra leash since he was a former Laker, but that didn't work out too well for Byron Scott.

Comment

Byron Scotts only goal this season was to retain the Lakers pick. At least Walton will have the opportunity to actually try and win.

Comment

Do we even know if Walton is a decent coach? We're going to find out I guess
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            Do we even know if Walton is a decent coach? We're going to find out I guess
            He did quite well when Kerr was out. I have read good reviews of him. He was intelligent enough to get out of the way!

He would have been a good replacement in TO

Comment

going from the type of talent and character of the warriors to a building situation with unproven management is going to be an adjustment...hope he has a great deal of resolve

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                He did quite well when Kerr was out. I have read good reviews of him. He was intelligent enough to get out of the way!

He would have been a good replacement in TO
                In this situation though he can't just "get out of the way"...when you got nick young, Lou Williams, deangelo russell, Metta world peace, whatever rook they bring in this year..you gotta coach your ass off!
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah, completely different situation than Golden State. I'll be surprised if he lasts more than two years. NY and LA are chewing coaches up and spitting them out - those cities are not good at losing, but the rosters are too depleted for a coach to turn those teams around by himself. Pretty questionable ownership situations too.

I'm not convinced anything good is going to happen in LA with the Jr.Busses in charge, but who knows - they've basically been waiting for Kobe to quit.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                  X