Everything Round 2 (2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mack North wrote: View Post
    Considering he was averaging 17 mins going into last night where he played 23, I think that's a stretch. I would love to see him get even 22-25 mins a game.
    I just hope he can get Tross's minutes
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

not to brag or anything but powell and i use the same aveeno moisturizer

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
        I just hope he can get Tross's minutes
        I would prefer T Ross can find his game. Dude is getting $11M per...

Comment

DeMar is going to explode this series. His eyes must be lighting up thinking about playing without Paul George guarding him.

Seriously, it must be like when guys train with ridiculously heavy wooden training swords, then switch to the real thing it's like it's lighter than air.

Or maybe he won't, but I'm all optimism tonight.

JV should have fun on the boards again. Whiteside is good but very help conscious and JV should get chances to get behind him a lot. Wouldn't mind seeing him in PnR action too - Whiteside can be made to overcommit.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think jv is going to have a big series. He will take a real big man as a challenge. If they let the big men play in this series like the last one that is going to get testy.

Might see some Thompson this series if biz is to short for Whiteside.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

Considering he was averaging 17 mins going into last night where he played 23, I think that's a stretch. I would love to see him get even 22-25 mins a game.
              I'd give Ross maybe 10-15 mins in the next game or 2, if he doesn't get it going, just give all of his minutes to Powell.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                I'd give Ross maybe 10-15 mins in the next game or 2, if he doesn't get it going, just give all of his minutes to Powell.
                i'm sure ross is loving the win, but he must feel like absolute garbage playing a measly 5 minutes in game 7. 4 years on the court and he gets usurped by a rookie who played barely half a season. then again, powell showed up a good majority of relatively vet guys on this team.

powell's defense has been pretty incredible for a guy of seemingly short stature. i think his wingspan is actually longer than ross though.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  You guys think Casey will match and go small? Bring in Powell at the 2 and DC at the 4. Powell on Wade (let him learn from the master himself), DeRozan on Deng, and Carroll on JJ (cause we all know DeMar is gonna get wrecked if he guards JJ)
                  Hope so.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    I think jv is going to have a big series. He will take a real big man as a challenge. If they let the big men play in this series like the last one that is going to get testy.

Might see some Thompson this series if biz is to short for Whiteside.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk
                    The refs neutralized JV big time after game 3. Dude was hacked like crazy.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Gonna be interesting to see how many mins he actually gets on D Wade. TBH, I don't see a whole lot coming until the second halves.
                      False.

DWade is about to feel the wrath of the Californian DWade.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        i'm sure ross is loving the win, but he must feel like absolute garbage playing a measly 5 minutes in game 7. 4 years on the court and he gets usurped by a rookie who played barely half a season. then again, powell showed up a good majority of relatively vet guys on this team.

powell's defense has been pretty incredible for a guy of seemingly short stature. i think his wingspan is actually longer than ross though.
                        He does have a longer wingspan. I think Powell's is 6'11 and Ross is 6'7. And then on top of that he is just as athletic or maybe even more than Ross. There is no reason for Ross to be playing anymore unless he is lighting it up or someone is in foul trouble. Wade and JJ are the exact kind of players Ross struggles guarding. So I doubt he plays good defense this series if he has to guard either one of them
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                          He does have a longer wingspan. I think Powell's is 6'11 and Ross is 6'7. And then on top of that he is just as athletic or maybe even more than Ross. There is no reason for Ross to be playing anymore unless he is lighting it up or someone is in foul trouble. Wade and JJ are the exact kind of players Ross struggles guarding. So I doubt he plays good defense this series if he has to guard either one of them
                          Yeah I double-checked their wingspans on draftexpress and you nailed it. (Powell measured at 6'11 in 2010 and 6'10.75 in 2015.) I wasn't sure about his hops but Powell measured at 32.5 no-step and 40.5 max vertical, which is insane. TRoss was 31/37.5.

But that stuff isn't the real differentiating factor, imo. It's Powell's motor. Ross looks so sleepy half the time.... Powell is just relentless. It is really refreshing.

The only argument for Ross right now is his experience. He's simply experienced a lot more game situations than Powell. But after this year Ross is thoroughly expendable.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Yeah I double-checked their wingspans on draftexpress and you nailed it. (Powell measured at 6'11 in 2010 and 6'10.75 in 2015.) I wasn't sure about his hops but Powell measured at 32.5 no-step and 40.5 max vertical, which is insane. TRoss was 31/37.5.

But that stuff isn't the real differentiating factor, imo. It's Powell's motor. Ross looks so sleepy half the time.... Powell is just relentless. It is really refreshing.

The only argument for Ross right now is his experience. He's simply experienced a lot more game situations than Powell. But after this year Ross is thoroughly expendable.
                            Ross's experience has done nothing for him. He still plays just as dumb as any rookie. Powell consistently looks like the smarter player. Also yea Ross's motor is why he is such a waste of time. He looks and plays like he doesn't give a shit way too often. When he is engaged he is a very good player, but that doesn't happen nearly enough. Especially in the playoffs. There is no reason why Ross should be on the floor and I didn't even remember he played. That's just how he is. A disappearing act. And at some point it needs to be about consistency not how you look when you actually play well which is once every 10 games. I really thought he turned the corner with his play during the season but I was clearly wrong
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

You know what, they should be playing with little pressure from here on out. The monkey is off their backs and now they can just play freely. I think you see a team that plays more like the regular season in round two and it really helps to be at home right out of the gate.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                                Ross's experience has done nothing for him. He still plays just as dumb as any rookie...
                                If Ross doesn't show up in this series I suspect he is gone. He still has a good deal of respect in the league. You can tell by how closely he is guarded. An $11 million contract is eminently tradable. I can see him being packaged with a pick in a trade this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X