Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    he didn't apologize
    'I'm Dwayne Wade, my greatness is eternal and everlasting, and cannot be tainted by my choices or actions.' Total apology.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      'I'm Dwayne Wade, my greatness is eternal and everlasting, and cannot be tainted by my choices or actions.' Total apology.
      Wade doesn't need to apologize because he told us all we're not allowed to be offended.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        he didn't apologize
        rocwell wrote: View Post
        Wade didn't exactly apologized though.. Am I missing something?
        He said he wasn't trying to be disrespectful. To me that's close enough of an apology. I don't think he was being malicious. Just ignorant.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          3 things in the history of the human race have started wars

1) Religion
          2) Patriotism
          3) Territory

It's not a good thing.
          So you think if we don't have borders or distinguished cultures or beliefs none of the wars would have happen?! long before we had countries we humans were killing each others.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            He said he wasn't trying to be disrespectful. To me that's close enough of an apology. I don't think he was being malicious. Just ignorant.
            This is true but how he said it, how the NBA ignored it and how the American media reacted to the Canadian reaction makes it really easy to get our hate on for this double standard.

Comment

• This is absurd.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                You're talking about propaganda. You're talking about people in control telling lies or exaggerating factual information to scare the public in to following along. Show me something where a country pitches wars or death because they're so proud of their country. You can't. It's always about retaliation or a preemptive strike because the danger is so great.

Love of one's home, culture and community is all healthy. Appreciation of sovereignty is important to a country's health.
                My statement is a bit misleading about "starting wars". my bad.

Patriotism does allow the political power to rally the troops and actually go to war though. It's a main driver because countries don't go to war without the support of their people...

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                So you think if we don't have borders or distinguished cultures or beliefs none of the wars would have happen?! long before we had countries we humans were killing each others.
                Absolutely.

Religion is the biggest offender today, and well since religion first started. Many wars are not born out of religious ideals, but the people in power use religion to reinforce and rally the people to go to war. So I guess my say "started wars" is a bit inaccurate but you get what I mean.

Territory was more of a historical thing....

Comment

My statement is a bit misleading about "starting wars". my bad.

Patriotism does allow the political power to rally the troops and actually go to war though. It's a main driver because countries don't go to war without the support of their people...
                  Off topic but I disagree. Ignorance is the problem.

Comment

Off topic but I disagree. Ignorance is the problem.
                    Mmmm good call

But ignorance is intertwined with Religion and Patriotism, and generally perpetuate more ignorance

Comment

• If there were no religion or patriotism it would be something else for humanity is tribal by nature.

Comment

If there were no religion or patriotism it would be something else for humanity is tribal by nature.
                        Imagine

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mmmm good call

But ignorance is intertwined with Religion and Patriotism, and generally perpetuate more ignorance
                          Come off it. Proud Canadian here. Get on your soapbox all you want, ain't gonna change a thing with me.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Let it go. Move on.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Let it go. Move on.
                              Nevah!

Comment

If there were no religion or patriotism it would be something else for humanity is tribal by nature.
                                You know what trumps all that baser instinct and ignorance?

Education

Comment

Working...
                                X