• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    10 hours until game time.. #sendhelp

rip roc.. I scheduled all my meetings yesterday lol

Comment

• Will recent history repeat itself? Raptors have won all elimination games so far. And they are at home.

Comment

• Win or lose, I just want to see a good competitive effort...and a Raptors win.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Win or lose, I just want to see a good competitive effort...and a Raptors win.
          I just want to see us fighting.

Comment

• Cleveland ain't taking the finals away from us yet. Let's go!!!!
            OG is our king

Comment

• Danny Crawford, Bill Kennedy, Jason Phillips

Comment

• Posted this in the Biyombo thread, but this is probably a more appropriate place for it.

JV (and PP) should probably start tonight.

It basically comes down to this - do you think, with the offensive (1-4 DHO with LeBron) and defensive (blitzing DD/KL on the pick plays) adjustments that the Cavs have made, that you can replicate the success of games 3 and 4 with the same formula? I'd lean no. In which case there is no reason to stick with Biyombo/Scola starting.

Start PP and JV, and take a page out of the Cavs book and run JV in the high post and run DHO's and cuts. DHO gives you the same options as the screen play, but really makes it a lot harder to blitz the ball handler (as the screener can always decide not to hand it off). That's actually a good spot (high post) for JV to roll to as an outlet on a screen play if they blitz the ball handler, as the outlet then sets up a DHO with the same scrambling defenders.

It's a different look offensively (actually very, very similar to what they used to run with Amir two years ago and that system helped DD to his first all star game), but that's the idea. Having Patterson out there also gives you a nice secondary outlet on those blitzes, as he is quite capable of driving into the paint and finding JV when the help comes (if his head is on straight unlike last game).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Danny Crawford, Bill Kennedy, Jason Phillips
                  Bismack is afraid of lions...where does he fit on this food chain
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Bismack is afraid of lions...where does he fit on this food chain

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      JV (and PP) should probably start tonight.
                      Every night, all season actually.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Win or lose this has been a great season! This team really redeemed it self after a terrible showing(in playoffs)last year. Players like KL/DD/JV will only get better from this experience.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I'm really happy with this season and how far we've got...

But, I'm also kinda selfish, and have a hard time accepting anything less than a championship. Win or lose, I want to see compete tonight and in any other games we're fortunate enough to get these playoffs. I want to see this core show that they can compete with the best teams in the league even after getting punched in the mouth like Tuesday.

If we're doubling down on this core like we appear to be doing, we have to show that there's championship potential in our future.
                          twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• We need to have a fast start. Can't let Cleveland have all the momentum early.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Hmmm this is an interesting point ... One name status is big no matter if its the first name or last name ... but its generally the one that is more unique/distinct, no?

People don't usually refer to Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzkey by just "Michael" or "Wayne" .. its usually just the last name, and people know who you are talking about.
                              With both Kobe and Shaq, they are generally refered to using their first names, without having to elaborate as to which "Kobe" you are talking about.

So I think "Wiggins" is the proper "1-name" to use for his "1-name status".. just my 2-cents. Haha

To the point of the OP, trade was a huge mistake.
                              How about "Wiggy" ? Doesn't that have a whiff of Canadiana (at least hockey world canadiana).

Comment

• Great episode again.

Comment

Working...
                                X