Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    We're gonna win this 96-92, book it.
    If anything, it will be 126-122. We cannot do the defence against this Cavs team.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      If anything, it will be 126-122. We cannot do the defence against this Cavs team.
      Nah, we can't score at that pace. If it's a close game, it's because we played defence.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• http://www.nba.com/2016/news/feature...-empty-game-1/

our killer bench unit in the regular season is now the worst performing unit in the playoffs now.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Nah, we can't score at that pace. If it's a close game, it's because we played defence.
          I think the team has to go supernova on offence to win the game. I would be surprised if we kept the Cavs under 100 on any game.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
            http://www.nba.com/2016/news/feature...-empty-game-1/

our killer bench unit in the regular season is now the worst performing unit in the playoffs now.
            Because during the regular season the bench unit we ran has barely played.

Lowry/Joseph/Ross/Patterson/Bismack still has a +18.5 net rating, but has only played 32 minutes in the entire playoff run so far.

The DeMar+Bench unit has been awful, but that's mostly offensive struggles and they've only played 22 minutes, so I'd guess a lot of that coincides with DeMar's struggles.(also, only a 36.4% assist rate) -37.0 net rating.

We've only run two lineups 50+ minutes so far in the playoffs, and the Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Patterson/JV lineup was really good as well, at a +12.8 net rating.

So more Lowry+Bench would probably be a good thing, but we aren't doing it.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post

Lowry/Joseph/Ross/Patterson/Bismack still has a +18.5 net rating, but has only played 32 minutes in the entire playoff run so far.

The DeMar+Bench unit has been awful, but that's mostly offensive struggles and they've only played 22 minutes, so I'd guess a lot of that coincides with DeMar's struggles.(also, only a 36.4% assist rate) -37.0 net rating.

We've only run two lineups 50+ minutes so far in the playoffs, and the Lowry/DeMar/Carroll/Patterson/JV lineup was really good as well, at a +12.8 net rating.

Pretty impossible to find minutes for it now that 2Pat and Bismack are both starting, unless you want to sub them out really early in the 1st and 3rd quarter.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                Pretty impossible to find minutes for it now that 2Pat and Bismack are both starting, unless you want to sub them out really early in the 1st and 3rd quarter.
                Probably the easiest way to do it. Or just bring Joseph/Ross in to finish the first quarter, and sit Carroll/DeMar early.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  http://www.nba.com/2016/news/feature...-empty-game-1/

Nah. Our killer bench unit (Lowry-Joseph-Ross-PP-BB) has a +18 net rating in the playoffs. Dominant.

We just aren't using it. They've appeared in only 9 of the 15 games for a total of 32 minutes played.

On the other hand, we've trotted out 20 minutes worth of no-KL-no-DD bench lineups, which were terrible in the regular season and terrible now, unsurprisingly (-20 in those 20 minutes).

The other big issue with the bench (besides the insanity of sitting DD and KL at the same time), is DeRozan's struggles. So whenever KL sits, and DD is out with the bench, we fall apart. Mostly because the whole point of DeMar being out there is to run the offence through him, and he's been a freaking disaster all playoffs long.

Joseph's struggles don't help either. But mostly it is a) DeMar falling apart, b) stupid no-KL-no-DD lineups and c) waiting until the freaking playoffs to make the inevitable move of Patterson into the starting lineup, thus meaning you had to come up with bench rotations on the fly instead of using the regular season to figure this stuff out.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Probably the easiest way to do it. Or just bring Joseph/Ross in to finish the first quarter, and sit Carroll/DeMar early.
                    Yep - end of 1st and end of 3rd should be big runs for us if we do that.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You're faster than me.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        waiting until the freaking playoffs to make the inevitable move of Patterson into the starting lineup
                        Btw, not nearly enough has been made of this.

Patterson into the starting unit, Scola out of the rotation. Chalk up two for the basement dwellers.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          LOL. Maybe it's the opposite: change your Tony Snell avatar and Raps will win. Seriously, bruh.
                          i cant take that chance bro. for all we know, its actually tony snell whos has carried us to the ECF
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                            I think the team has to go supernova on offence to win the game. I would be surprised if we kept the Cavs under 100 on any game.
                            The Raptors are not winning a shootout with Cleveland. They'll win if they can keep it under 100, slow the pace way down, play defence for 4 quarters, and make heavy use of the charity stripe.

Anything that turns into pace, ball movement, and scoring is going to favour the Cavs by a wide margin.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              The Raptors are not winning a shootout with Cleveland. They'll win if they can keep it under 100, slow the pace way down, play defence for 4 quarters, and make heavy use of the charity stripe.

Anything that turns into pace, ball movement, and scoring is going to favour the Cavs by a wide margin.
                              We do have to score though, which has been a problem for us. With Biyombo playing heavy minutes, the other four guys on the floor have to be capable scorers at all times.

Comment

• Can we just please not have another layup/dunk line tonight. It's really all I ask.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X