No announcement yet.

Everything ECF 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think we all need to calm down. Raptors only had 2 days rest and no real game plan coming into this series. Cavs had a 9 day rest and coach Lue was prepared for both heat/raptors scenarios. What I find annoying is that there is only 2 days rest in between each game in the series...this really, really sux bad, and is one of the biggest reasons why alot of teams who should have won a series ended up losing instead. I dunno what is up with this crappy playoff scheduling, but some changes are needed. In the end, does it really matter if the post season lasts maybe 1-2 weeks longer??

Comment

• bigfatbob wrote: View Post
      i think we all need to calm down. Raptors only had 2 days rest and no real game plan coming into this series. Cavs had a 9 day rest and coach Lue was prepared for both heat/raptors scenarios. What I find annoying is that there is only 2 days rest in between each game in the series...this really, really sux bad, and is one of the biggest reasons why alot of teams who should have won a series ended up losing instead. I dunno what is up with this crappy playoff scheduling, but some changes are needed. In the end, does it really matter if the post season lasts maybe 1-2 weeks longer??
      Playoff scheduling had nothing to do with this loss or any other teams loss for that matter. "A lot of teams who should have won a series ended up losing instead"???? Like who???

Comment

• Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• well i wasn't expecting a win.

it would have been nice to not seemingly intentionally surrender open dunks, though.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Still proud of our Team! Cannot take that away.

Comment

• Well the good news is that Masai now has a better idea of what tweaks to make in the offseason

Raptors shot 5-22 from three point land, by my count. Not going to win a lot of games against the Cavaliers shooting 23% from beyond the arc. And I didn't see that a lot of those misses were because of Caveliers defensive effort. So I put it down to nerves.

I expect to see a better performance Thursday; different defensive scheme, different offensive scheme, nerves settle down, fewer stupid turnovers.

On another note DD shooting 53% with 5 assists. Exactly what you want to see from him on the offensive side, in those two categories. I thought he tried to take it inside but they weren't biting on his (or anyone else's) pump fakes, so he wasn't creating any foul shots for himself.

This one is done, and on to the next.

Comment

• One game doesn't make a series.

That's pretty much all I'm saying.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• The Spurs beat OKC by 32 in the opening game of their series. Raptors lost by 31 in the opening game of their series. Anything can still happen.. I don't expect a series win, but I expect a more tightly contested game between the two. Although Atlanta got swept, they still put up a fight.

This was just a very bad performance starting at about the 10 minute mark of the first quarter. Guys like Carroll and CoJo who have the experience of playing this far were the worst two players on the court in my opinion. Lowry didn't do jack sh!t. Biyombo was totally taken out of the game.

I really hope the Raptors rebound. I can take a loss, but not like that.

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                    One game doesn't make a series.

That's pretty much all I'm saying.
                    Actually, I just saw on twitter that the NBA has officially called this series due to the resounding victory last night. Cleveland wins 1-0 and advances to the finals. Congrats to the raps though, it really was a great year!
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• I think the Raptors will get a game at home. I think this one is over in five though.

Comment

• starting to wonder if a zone defense would work against Cleveland 3 out 2 in
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• We won the fuck out of that website poll though. Woooo!
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                            We won the fuck out of that website poll though. Woooo!
                            Just like Arsenal... they keep winning online votes/polls, but...

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                              Whatever, any success in this round is gravy. Most of us said second round would be reasonable succes + third round would be great success, and rightly so. The Cavs, GSW, and OKC are all right now teams.

Still building. Lots of good stuff ahead.
                              Really would like to win 2 games in this series. Hope that gives us a Christmas Day game next season.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                Really would like to win 2 games in this series. Hope that gives us a Christmas Day game next season.
                                lol I can't think of any reason why the NBA would give the Raptors a Christmas Day game - short of them winning it all or Masai inventing time travel to sign 2000-era Vince Carter.
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X