How can we best exploit Bryan Colangelo this offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can we best exploit Bryan Colangelo this offseason

He is charge of an organization with 60 first round picks and 4 NBA players spinning the tires on their careers.

How can we best own his ass this offseason
    Last edited by thead; Mon May 16, 2016, 12:43 PM.
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

thead wrote: View Post
    He is change of an organization with 60 first round picks and 4 NBA players spinning the tires on their careers.

How can we best own his ass this offseason
    Just put Masai's number on his speed dial and let Colangelo do the rest.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

If LA drops from the top 3, Philly owns their pick right? I think that's a pick that Masai needs to try and steal to nab Murray if it happens. Otherwise I don't think we have a shot at another pick.

But who can we bundle to move up? Bryan is a bit of a dolt but he's not that retarded. He'd want a good veteran player. I'd say DD but he's a free agent. Wouldn't trade 2Pat or Carroll. All our other players are just young (Powell, Bruno, Wright) or untouchable (JV, Lowry).

The best tradeable asset we have is Ross. Would Bryan swap #4 for Ross and #9? Ross was his pick but I don't think Bryan would do that.. not for a guy like Ross who's really just a 6th man at this point in his career.

The player I like the most on that team is Covington, but he's really just a 8/9th man and we have a pretty deep rotation as is.

Comment

I'll give Colangelo credit he does draft well....just keep him away after so he doesn't make 4 trades a month.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          If LA drops from the top 3, Philly owns their pick right? I think that's a pick that Masai needs to try and steal to nab Murray if it happens. Otherwise I don't think we have a shot at another pick.

But who can we bundle to move up? Bryan is a bit of a dolt but he's not that retarded. He'd want a good veteran player. I'd say DD but he's a free agent. Wouldn't trade 2Pat or Carroll. All our other players are just young (Powell, Bruno, Wright) or untouchable (JV, Lowry).

The best tradeable asset we have is Ross. Would Bryan swap #4 for Ross and #9? Ross was his pick but I don't think Bryan would do that.. not for a guy like Ross who's really just a 6th man at this point in his career.

The player I like the most on that team is Covington, but he's really just a 8/9th man and we have a pretty deep rotation as is.
          That's the dream. Ross, 9, other picks (our own, maybe LAC pick) for 4th. Grab Bender or Murray. Use Ross cap room freed up to sign Biz back. If Bender falls to 4, take him and bring de Colo over as guard depth. If not, take Murray, but we'd have to find a backup PF solution.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

What about trying to nab Saric?

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              That's the dream. Ross, 9, other picks (our own, maybe LAC pick) for 4th. Grab Bender or Murray. Use Ross cap room freed up to sign Biz back. If Bender falls to 4, take him and bring de Colo over as guard depth. If not, take Murray, but we'd have to find a backup PF solution.
              Trading guys to philly. I don't dislike any player on this team enough to wish that fate upon them lol.

Comment

But really is there anything outside of Simmons & Ingram that's worth parting extra picks and players for though...really i dont see anyone that doesnt come with high risk after the first 2 picks.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
                  But really is there anything outside of Simmons & Ingram that's worth parting extra picks and players for though...really i dont see anyone that doesnt come with high risk after the first 2 picks.
                  Murray and Bender are both worth that in my mind. Outside of those two, I definitely am happy to stick at 9 and take a guy like Chriss.

Keep in mind the other benefit of moving Ross in a pick deal is the freed up cap room.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Murray and Bender are both worth that in my mind. Outside of those two, I definitely am happy to stick at 9 and take a guy like Chriss.

Keep in mind the other benefit of moving Ross in a pick deal is the freed up cap room.
                    Dunn doesn't strike you as a future star pg?!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Dunn doesn't strike you as a future star pg?!
                      I'd take him if he's there, but I don't know if I'd trade a pile of assets for him. If Philly ends up with the 5th pick, and we had a chance to move Ross/9th/27th for Dunn... Yeah, I think I'd do that. Good point on Dunn. Probably would mean a trade of CoJo though - you don't take a guy like that to not have him play right away. Unless DD walks, then CoJo can take minutes at the 2.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm not sold on Bender. And while I love Murray, I'm not sure he's future NBA All-star material.

Comment

Colangelo's an idiot, but he's not THAT much of an idiot.

I can't see him accelerating his rebuild until 6ers at least reach the 20 win mark, lol.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Colangelo's an idiot, but he's not THAT much of an idiot.

I can't see him accelerating his rebuild until 6ers at least reach the 20 win mark, lol.
                            I actually watched his draft combine interview( I have no idea why, i guess i want to reminisce that era of Raptor basketball) and he's still using his go to "Kool-aid words" like "its not rebuilding anymore its building""internal growth" and such that.

Comment

Colangelo will never trade for Ross. It's clear he views the pick as a mistake he had to justify.

We aren't a great trading partner with Philly unfortunately. The guy BC would most covet is DD but they'd simply just sign him rather than give any assets for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X