Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh for Scola & Prospects

From Toronto: Chris Bosh sign-and-trade
    From Houston: Luis Scola (sign-and-trade), Jordan Hill, Chase Budinger, 2010 lottery pick

This gives us a quality PF in Scola who plays defense. In addition, we get two more sophomores for the upcoming season. Jordan Hill was chosen before DeRozan and is a project. Chase Budinger is a developing SF that can back-up Hedo Turkoglu. Then with the 2010 lottery pick in addition to our current lottery pick, we can sign two rookies in this apparently deep draft.

PG: Jose/Jack/Banks
    SG: Weems/DeRozan/Belinelli
    SF: Hedo/Budinger
    PF: Scola/Hill/Reggie
    C: Bargnani/Johnson

+ 2 picks gives us a full 15-man roster.

For Houston, they now have a lineup of Aaron Brooks | Kevin Martin | Trevor Ariza | Chris Bosh | Yao Ming, with Battier as the 6th man. Pretty scary...

The possibility of dels like this is what makes me sure that we can get something good back in a sign and trade for Bosh.

Comment

its a west team so i dont mind. luis scola is no bosh and the other ones are probably gonna get waived. this trade will not work for us.

Comment

Waive the other ones? Hill and Bundinger are solid prospects. I like em both, but as solid rotation players, likely nothing more. Scola is money, he could put up 18-12 next year.

Seems like too much to give up in a S & T. Morey, the Rockets GM has actually earned his reputation as the best GM in the NBA. I doubt he wants to pay Bosh max money for the next 5 years while giving up his solid foundation. Having said that, the Rockets are still a piece away from contending. I have no idea what thier expectations are for Yao as they seem to live in a post Yao world.

Comment

Rumours around the trade deadline was that Morey was interested in acquiring Bosh. Of course, those are only rumours. However upgrading Scola into a power forward that can create his own shot is a big plus, especially at the rate Bosh draws fouls. And with Adelman at the helm, Bosh will certainly learn how to play some defense. Plus, the trade clears up the SF logjam (Ariza/Battier are already capable SFs).

tbihis... Don't know why you'd want to waive Budinger/Hill. They're just as much part of the deal as Scola. It results in a roster with a healthy balance of developing players and veterans, as well as enough role players that could develop into more than that given the right system.

Comment

I like this trade idea. You might want to consider passing it on to Devlin or someone who could get it to BC.

I have already sent along a couple of If I had a dream trade ideas for the Raptors to Devlin. He responded so he will read it who knows.

Maybe this idea has not yet been thought of by Raptors management.

Go for it.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Hill could be the next bosh :P

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                Hill could be the next bosh :P
                Doubtful imo. He doesn't have the same work ethic as Bosh and I don't see him being able to create like Bosh. I think Hill will need a PG to create for him if his offense is to get going. I think he's going to be a slimmer (and faster) Glen Davis.

Comment

I think Jordan Hill is more of a Chris Wilcox type of player .. which would be pretty valuable if Hill can develop into the above average defender that Wilcox never managed to become. Fair chance at that happening too.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                  X