No announcement yet.

Everything ECF 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland 1-2 all-time in playoffs with Malloy, all home games.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
      Sorry in the states it's either king James or LeBron, I think as NBA rookie of the year AW can be referred to by his first name in Canada.
      Hmmm this is an interesting point ... One name status is big no matter if its the first name or last name ... but its generally the one that is more unique/distinct, no?

People don't usually refer to Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzkey by just "Michael" or "Wayne" .. its usually just the last name, and people know who you are talking about.
      With both Kobe and Shaq, they are generally refered to using their first names, without having to elaborate as to which "Kobe" you are talking about.

So I think "Wiggins" is the proper "1-name" to use for his "1-name status".. just my 2-cents. Haha

To the point of the OP, trade was a huge mistake.
      Last edited by Joey; Wed May 25, 2016, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
        Funny thing is that the so called "experts" have been wrong about Toronto since the beginning of the playoffs. Even if Toronto goes to the finals, they will all pick OKC and say Raptors don't have a flying chance and if Toronto wins the championship they will make 1001 excuses as to why it happened as opposed to praising the actual team for doing so.
        "Worst Champions in league history".

Comment

• I keep thinking something is going to get in the way, something is going to happen, reality will come crashing in...but I want to see this team make the finals so bad
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• All you can really ask is for your team to realize it's potential. If you look at Oklahoma city that's what they are doing despite finishing third. There talent level is high and there superstars have defied there critics and made there teammates better.

Comment

• I keep hearing that the Cavs are a divided room. Anyone else getting this vibe?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                The problem is that just like the Kardashians, for some inexplicable odd reason they are very popular and its partly due to the appeal of content to the American audience at large. You may say so what?! however popular opinion does count for something especially when you consider money and reputation is involved and the NBA business market (in Toronto from top to bottom) is going to profit or take a hit based on popular opinions of the Americans. When you groan and bemoan as to why the Raptors are barley mentioned throughout the year to American audience or not being televised on a major U.S network during the regular season is because of this. Just 3 years ago the Raptors reputation in the U.S was a loser franchise that nobody wanted to come here and stars can't wait to leave so opinions and popular opinions of tv show hosts count.
                That's bullshit. No NBA player cares what the average ignorant American thinks about any NBA franchise. They're slightly more informed than that. If you think the talking heads created Toronto's poor reputation more than them having one season from 2002 to 2013 where they won more than half their games, you watch too much tv.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                  That's bullshit. No NBA player cares what the average ignorant American thinks about any NBA franchise. They're slightly more informed than that. If you think the talking heads created Toronto's poor reputation more than them having one season from 2002 to 2013 where they won more than half their games, you watch too much tv.
                  yeah its gonna be a stigma that'll stick with us until we are consistently getting to this stage.

Comment

• Mess wrote: View Post
                    If you think the talking heads created Toronto's poor reputation more than them having one season from 2002 to 2013 where they won more than half their games, you watch too much tv.
                    Did I say that? no you are just making reckless conclusions to fit your narrative just like Steven A Smith!

The fact of the matter is that part of the reason they were bad all these years is because they couldn't attract stars nor could they keep them and it was more harder then other NBA teams just cause they were in Canada.

Comment

• Guys, team success and the media opinion matter to players. SAS isn't blocking FA's from wanting to play here but loud mouths like him with the negative bias against anything that's not American do affect the perception of the Raptors. The media turns the public against people, places and things all the time.

While I agree that winning year after year helps, I do believe you'll never get love from pompous asses like him.

Comment

• We The Other
                        We The North
                        We The Outnumbered
                        We The Fourth Sometimes
                        Last edited by rocwell; Wed May 25, 2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• "We have a better chance of being hit by a meteor shower than losing to the Raptors".

A close paraphrase by a CAV faithful to the TSN radio show crew before game 1 in Cleveland.

Comment

• Yeah trade was a mistake.

Until Cleveland shows that this core can actually win a title, it's a failed trade.

They undervalued Wiggins I think.

That being said, if Cleveland wins a championship or two I guess it's an even trade, that was their intention.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                              Hmmm this is an interesting point ... One name status is big no matter if its the first name or last name ... but its generally the one that is more unique/distinct, no?

People don't usually refer to Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzkey by just "Michael" or "Wayne" .. its usually just the last name, and people know who you are talking about.
                              With both Kobe and Shaq, they are generally refered to using their first names, without having to elaborate as to which "Kobe" you are talking about.

So I think "Wiggins" is the proper "1-name" to use for his "1-name status".. just my 2-cents. Haha

To the point of the OP, trade was a huge mistake.
                              So why are you just Joey?
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                We the North is the army, betta yet the navy,
                                Lebron James is a lady, betta yet a baby
                                We bring knives to fist fights, kill ya drama
                                We kill ya fuckin small ball with a sledgehammer!
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X