Maybe we don't need a 4/to resign Biyombo: No Seriously Hear Me Out Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    And it's a big gamble to roll the dice on that. I'd much rather see a scenario where they have a better option and then Bebe's play forces Casey to give him minutes, sending the other guy to the bench. That's how Powell got minutes. He took them.

I also wouldn't put it past Ujiri & Casey to find another diamond in the rough this summer.
    like Mahinmi or something?

Comment

Yes we all had a few too many to drink during this game ( if you can call it that) but that idea is silly.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
        like Mahinmi or something?
        Like a Biz type signing. A guy who has the tools but either hasn't put it together yet or hasn't been given a chance. Terrence Jones might be that guy.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Like a Biz type signing. A guy who has the tools but either hasn't put it together yet or hasn't been given a chance. Terrence Jones might be that guy.
          I've been wanting Jones on this team for over 2 years now, if it happens I'll be ecstatic. He's like PP but with a lot more potential.

Also lots of backup C's like Mahinmi that can play Biz's role for us for less money and if Bebe beats them out for the backup spot even better.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
            I've been wanting Jones on this team for over 2 years now, if it happens I'll be ecstatic. He's like PP but with a lot more potential.

Also lots of backup C's like Mahinmi that can play Biz's role for us for less money and if Bebe beats them out for the backup spot even better.
            You can't give Mahinmi or a Mahinmi-like player free agent money and be okay with that player being a 3rd string center/5th big. Not good asset management

Comment

Atothe wrote: View Post
              You can't give Mahinmi or a Mahinmi-like player free agent money and be okay with that player being a 3rd string center/5th big. Not good asset management
              Well they'd actually be backup C, I doubt Bebe will take anyone's spot next year, but if it happens even better.

You're right though Mahinmi will probably also cost in the 7-10M range. Wonder what Nene would go for these days?

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                Well they'd actually be backup C, I doubt Bebe will take anyone's spot next year, but if it happens even better.

You're right though Mahinmi will probably also cost in the 7-10M range. Wonder what Nene would go for these days?
                i really wouldn't be surprised if bebe was getting some solid minutes next year. as long as his ankles can support him i think he could handle it. if bigV gets more injuries next year then i think we would be in a bit of a pickle.

Comment

I don't wanna see us sign some middling backup big like the chuck Hayes hands bro days.

Time to throw bebe feet to the fire and see what's he's made of. Plus aren't we ideally targeting another big with the 9th overall pick? Gotta get these young guys burn, and we're so tight to the cap after dd returns, any and all money should go to the pursuit of a 3rd all star
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I agree with Bebe being the backup C.

Disagree with Bruno. He looks absolutely lost out there.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      I agree with Bebe being the backup C.

Disagree with Bruno. He looks absolutely lost out there.
                      Agreed, except the lost bit. End of d-league season he looked much better. Different speed in the NBA. I would like to see Bruno really take control of the d-league team and show he belongs in the NBA during his extension year. If he can be like Powell and wright this year, some d-league games but called up to the big show for minutes sometimes. Not expecting regular NBA minutes for Bruno next year. Want d-league dominance. The best part of our d-league team is the schemes are the exact same as the raptors. Makes the transition easier on players and coaches.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        I don't wanna see us sign some middling backup big like the chuck Hayes hands bro days.

Time to throw bebe feet to the fire and see what's he's made of. Plus aren't we ideally targeting another big with the 9th overall pick? Gotta get these young guys burn, and we're so tight to the cap after dd returns, any and all money should go to the pursuit of a 3rd all star
                        Yep, why even have Bebe if we're not gonna try him? He played well and DD and Lowry actually seem to like hitting him on lobs on offense. No reason he can't play 15 minutes a game behind JV.

Just wanna correct you though, it would be a 4th all-star. JV is at that level too.

Comment

Gambino wrote: View Post
                          Yep, why even have Bebe if we're not gonna try him? He played well and DD and Lowry actually seem to like hitting him on lobs on offense. No reason he can't play 15 minutes a game behind JV.

Just wanna correct you though, it would be a 4th all-star. JV is at that level too.
                          JV stays healthy and gets fed, hr makes it. Especially if okc wins and the day of the big comes back.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X